Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Economics
Schools: Stanford '16
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
lalasound wrote:
Hello all, I am looking for some advice regarding how the application shows up when it is converted to the review PDF. There are some cells that (even though the information fits into the text box) get cut off when transferred to the PDF. The FAQ on the website states "The Admissions Office receives the entire application in appropriate format and all fields are viewed clearly by the Board. The document that the applicant can view is an unformatted version of the final document."

My question is, should I take them at there word and not worry about what does and does not show up on the PDF or should I shorten some of my answers to make them fit in the PDF so I have no worry about them being cut-off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Good luck to all!

I saw the same issue. Part of my answer was cut short. I think I'll just take HBS's word on it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ndn wrote:
Quick question for you guys. Where did you enter visa information? When I preview my application, the "If not a U.S. citizen, is your Visa status that of a Permanent Resident" section is automatically checked No. As a US citizen, I assume that this question should be marked neither yes nor no (and instead should be left blank), but I can't figure out where to enter that in or change it :/

Hey ndn, I don't think it matters too much if you've answered a section that doesn't apply to you, especially because there are previous questions where you state you are in fact a US citizen. I would see the radio selection as more a function of inflexibility in the application form, rather than your own silliness!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just had a quick question for the forum- for the purpose of the R1 deadline (or any deadline for that matter) what constitutes a complete application? So I understand that it means submitting the online app (including essay and LORs), but what about application fee and GMAT score?

So if I submit the app by the 16th, and pay fee and send on 18th - does that mean my application will count in R1 or R2? Would be grateful if someone can help me with this.. thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Beckham123 wrote:
Hi guys,

I just had a quick question for the forum- for the purpose of the R1 deadline (or any deadline for that matter) what constitutes a complete application? So I understand that it means submitting the online app (including essay and LORs), but what about application fee and GMAT score?

So if I submit the app by the 16th, and pay fee and send on 18th - does that mean my application will count in R1 or R2? Would be grateful if someone can help me with this.. thanks!

The only flexibility you get is when the recommendations come in; Harvard has a very small grace period within which they'll accept recs past the deadline without bumping you to the next round. Everything else is required - and as far as we know, you can't submit the app without paying the fee, so your scenario doesn't quite work. If you submit on the 18th then you're in Rd 2.

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
WE:Other (Education)
Send PM
Stressful moment clicking submit. Glad to have the first one done and out of the way!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if HBS adcoms review the applications in paper-form or on a tablet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
WE:Other (Education)
Send PM
etta wrote:
Does anyone know if HBS adcoms review the applications in paper-form or on a tablet?

I dont remember what it was, but I feel like I read something that gave me the impression they read it on paper but no real clue.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tripsd wrote:
etta wrote:

I dont remember what it was, but I feel like I read something that gave me the impression they read it on paper but no real clue.

Thanks tripsd! Decided to not be fussy about minor details such as the appropriate font to use.

Still can't bring myself to hit that submit button, even though everything is saved and ready to go! I'm such a wimp. Hope everyone else is feeling better than I am!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
This month till we hear about interviews is going to be hell.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
etta wrote:
tripsd wrote:
etta wrote:

Thanks tripsd! Decided to not be fussy about minor details such as the appropriate font to use.

Still can't bring myself to hit that submit button, even though everything is saved and ready to go! I'm such a wimp. Hope everyone else is feeling better than I am!

At least you have everything ready. I want to submit but I'm not finished with my essay, I just re-wrote a new version yesterday because I believe this new direction is better.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Looks like everyone is in finalization mode - do any of you know if there's a specific formatting that HBS prefers? I can't find information about font, spacing, page numbering, etc, so I assume we should just use common-sense guidelines?

Thanks, and good luck everyone!!!

Celer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
For those who've submitted - Did you receive a confirmation email about receipt of application ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
finished wrote:
This month till we hear about interviews is going to be hell.

Hah, what do you mean?! It will be wonderful! I am looking forward to re-engaging with the outside world again. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
amank wrote:
For those who've submitted - Did you receive a confirmation email about receipt of application ?

I didn't get a confirmation email but I did get a payment confirmed email from the credit card so I'm sure it's gone through. The only confirmation I've seen is 'application submitted' on the final page with a date. Maybe it'll come later if there is one?

Also very nervous now. Thankfully (?) a few other applications to take my mind off it...

Good luck to everyone, and those still finalizing hope the final submission goes ok. Quite impressed with the admin of the application, hope HBS are as impressed with me...!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Beckham123 wrote:
Hi guys,

The only flexibility you get is when the recommendations come in; Harvard has a very small grace period within which they'll accept recs past the deadline without bumping you to the next round. Everything else is required - and as far as we know, you can't submit the app without paying the fee, so your scenario doesn't quite work. If you submit on the 18th then you're in Rd 2.

EssaySnark

You can indeed submit your application before payment, option to pay the fee will follow. After submission you'll see a checklist of pending items such as recommendations, application fee status. But as essaysnark mentioned, best to finish it well before the deadline. After submission you can't go back and change anything.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Timbob wrote:
amank wrote:

I didn't get a confirmation email but I did get a payment confirmed email from the credit card so I'm sure it's gone through. The only confirmation I've seen is 'application submitted' on the final page with a date. Maybe it'll come later if there is one?

Also very nervous now. Thankfully (?) a few other applications to take my mind off it...

Good luck to everyone, and those still finalizing hope the final submission goes ok. Quite impressed with the admin of the application, hope HBS are as impressed with me...!

Don't worry Timbob, I only got a confirmation of payment email only too. The key is that on the site all the components are ticked and you have paid.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ok submitted too! Got to switch gear to some other schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts