Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 21:10
The status has been updated on the online application....waitlisted..
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 21:13
dinged
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
Schools: McCombs '15 (M)
WE: Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 43

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 21:24
My online status just changed (at right around midnight EST).

Maybe a R1 applicant (or current student) can answer this: The only thing I really see that I can do here is accept or decline the offer. Is that what you had? Is it not possible to see the admitted students site until accepting? Does accepting the offer obligate the deposit?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 22:21
This post received
KUDOS
Gorgasali wrote:

Maybe a R1 applicant (or current student) can answer this: The only thing I really see that I can do here is accept or decline the offer. Is that what you had? Is it not possible to see the admitted students site until accepting? Does accepting the offer obligate the deposit?

Most of the new info comes in the official email. That includes links to the Facebook group and admitted student site. I'll send you the link in a PM if you want to give it a try. Accepting the offer can't obligate you to the deposit. However, your spot won't be reserved until the payment is made. Also, if you're pretty sure on your McCombs decision, don't forget to join the admitted LinkedIn group:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/McCombs- ... BA-4752362

Posted from my mobile device Image
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [2] , given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 00:49
This post received
KUDOS
USAFinDenver wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

Most of the new info comes in the official email. That includes links to the Facebook group and admitted student site. I'll send you the link in a PM if you want to give it a try. Accepting the offer can't obligate you to the deposit. However, your spot won't be reserved until the payment is made. Also, if you're pretty sure on your McCombs decision, don't forget to join the admitted LinkedIn group:

Unique in character and not fungible by nature, I’d be pretty sure on a McCombs decision if such a contract claim filed sought specific performance to matriculate rather than monetary relief on the damages issue :wink: Anyways, my app status still reads 'incomplete' meaning at least my application is still alive :oops:
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 01:51
waitlisted :(
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 02:49
McCombsStudent wrote:
mbaUS2015 wrote:
angienayar wrote:
Did anyone who was wait-listed in r1 heard anything so far?

Not heard anything yet. Havent seen many waitlist candidates discussing anything on this forum. Not sure when will adcom come back.

The earliest you may start to see reviews of the waitlist will be after Round 2 decisions are delivered. BUT, does not mean everyone will be reviewed at the same time.

I am a R1 waitlist .. nothing has changed on my status page or the decisions page. I submitted the waitlist video interview fairly late because of all the technical issues. I anyways royallyu screwed it because of so many reasons so do not really except a call.

But any other waitlist student heard anything?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 35

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 05:53
Anyone know what time the official e-mails go out today? Also when do they release scholarship info?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:05
Gorgasali wrote:

Maybe I'm blind, but where do I click to see the updated status? I clicked on 'McCombs Status Check' and logged in, and I was brought to the 'My Profile: Home' page. But it just says that my application has been submitted.

Obviously I got the call that I'm in, so I'm not too worried about it, just wondering why I can't find the decision online. Thanks.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:19
USAFinDenver wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

I should have preluded that by saying I don't recommend accepting the offer until you are 100%. There's no added value in rushing it this round because you'll still get access to the sites. However, accepting the offer might distort the AdCom's ability to evaluate R3/waitlisted candidates. I'm not sure if they wait to evaluate their quotas until after an applicant pays his/her deposit.
Side question for rrossjd: It says you applied in R1. Your application status is still "incomplete"?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:22
rjdunn03 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

Maybe I'm blind, but where do I click to see the updated status? I clicked on 'McCombs Status Check' and logged in, and I was brought to the 'My Profile: Home' page. But it just says that my application has been submitted.

Obviously I got the call that I'm in, so I'm not too worried about it, just wondering why I can't find the decision online. Thanks.

You're looking in the right place. They just haven't updated your profile yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:33
USAFinDenver wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

You're looking in the right place. They just haven't updated your profile yet.

Thanks for the info. I was assuming they would all be updated at the same time.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:38
Waitlisted as well :?:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: McCombs '15
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.76

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:45
I got the email today and a call a couple days ago. I was hoping for a scholarship since I have also been admitted to Duke. Any info on when scholarships will be awarded?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 06:55
ado2687 wrote:
I got the email today and a call a couple days ago. I was hoping for a scholarship since I have also been admitted to Duke. Any info on when scholarships will be awarded?

What time did the e-mail come through for you?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:52
I guess I'm reassuring myself and hoping to get some validation from all Round 1 admitted students -

All those who are admitted receive an email that the decision has been posted online. After logging into the application website you see a congratulatory message and a note that says an official letter will be sent in mail to the current address on record

Do we also get an official "email" with the offer letter and links to admitted students website/facebook? If yes when can we expect that to come through?

any assistance is much appreciated
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 3

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 08:24
This post received
KUDOS
viper1983 wrote:
I guess I'm reassuring myself and hoping to get some validation from all Round 1 admitted students -

All those who are admitted receive an email that the decision has been posted online. After logging into the application website you see a congratulatory message and a note that says an official letter will be sent in mail to the current address on record

Do we also get an official "email" with the offer letter and links to admitted students website/facebook? If yes when can we expect that to come through?

any assistance is much appreciated

It's two emails. The email from the GIAC, which includes the official electronic acceptance letter, was sent a month after the decision. The official "Welcome to McCombs" email, which has the links to the sites/groups, came 4 days after the decision date.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 08:39
thanks USAFinDenver.. that helps clarify things a bit..
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 08:43
USAFinDenver wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

I should have preluded that by saying I don't recommend accepting the offer until you are 100%. There's no added value in rushing it this round because you'll still get access to the sites. However, accepting the offer might distort the AdCom's ability to evaluate R3/waitlisted candidates. I'm not sure if they wait to evaluate their quotas until after an applicant pays his/her deposit.
Side question for rrossjd: It says you applied in R1. Your application status is still "incomplete"?

Applied via the Consortium in that Round 1 application pool...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GRE 1: 319 Q159 V160
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 08:49
[/quote]

Applied via the Consortium in that Round 1 application pool...[/quote]

I applied via the Consortium also (R2 on 1/5) and my status changed yesterday from "You have not started an application" to "Submitted," but a lot of my info wasn't present or was incorrect. I just think the mapping isn't perfect between the batched applications from CGSM and the McCombs status page.
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2013, 08:49