Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 14:54 It is currently 20 May 2024, 14:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Re: Toronto Rotman 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
KP86 wrote:
deadlycat wrote:
That's what they told me at the Rotman MBA info session.

Congrats sachintendua. It is nice to have options.

And yes Rotman is increasing the class size by 60-65. But it would be an across the board rise and I am sure there will be more staff on the admissions committee to handle it. I dont know of anyone who has faced any delays in the admissions process thu far. Rotmans turnaround time generally has been ahorter compared to other schools that i applied to.

I also have to add that all of the current students/alumni that i spoke to were not convinced that the increase in classsize will not affect job/internship prospects. The were particularly nervous about internship oppurtunities since apparantly it is already very competitive at rotman.

I heard the same concerns on the increase in class size. Did you get a chance to pose this as a question to the ad-com during your interview?
Are Rotman interviews blind or does the interviewer have access to the applicant's essays before the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gemini66 wrote:
KP86 wrote:
deadlycat wrote:

And yes Rotman is increasing the class size by 60-65. But it would be an across the board rise and I am sure there will be more staff on the admissions committee to handle it. I dont know of anyone who has faced any delays in the admissions process thu far. Rotmans turnaround time generally has been ahorter compared to other schools that i applied to.

I also have to add that all of the current students/alumni that i spoke to were not convinced that the increase in classsize will not affect job/internship prospects. The were particularly nervous about internship oppurtunities since apparantly it is already very competitive at rotman.

I heard the same concerns on the increase in class size. Did you get a chance to pose this as a question to the ad-com during your interview?
Are Rotman interviews blind or does the interviewer have access to the applicant's essays before the interview?

The member of the ad-com who interviews you has read all of your application materials, and has your resume in front of them while you are there. (aka not blind) I have interviewed at several schools, and the ad-com at Rotman is by far my favourite. I was interviewed by Bailey, who made me feel very at ease, and was very encouraging.

I had the chance to ask about the increase in class size at my interview, and was informed that the increase would be happening gradually, rather than all at once. With the increase in class size will also come an increase in recruiters, as there will be a greater pool of applicants for internships. This is not guaranteed, but this is what the ad-com said that they anticipate for the coming years. Personally, I like a little competition, and if your work history and academics are strong, I don't think it should be too much of a concern.

To find out more information about the increase in class size, and how it will affect you, definitely ask at your interview. (and if you wouldnt mind, share what you learn with us, as every ad-com member has a different opinion).

Best of luck with your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Gemini66 wrote:
KP86 wrote:
deadlycat wrote:

My interviewer was Claire. I asked her about it and as anyone would expect she gave me a super rosy picture and actually hinted that we will have more oppertunities.

There is an admissions blog she ahd written about why the increase in class size will not adversely affect students. While we have every reason to believe that the college would have done their research before increasing the classs size(after all it is the college' reputation at stake), there are many reasons to be a little watchful as well. But for me, it wasnt a big concern and I have turned in my deposit.

BTW, i heard ISB, Hyderabad is increasing their intake by 60+ and so is NUS. So B schools quite often increase their class size.

Rotmans interrviews are not blind. She even quoted from my essay. But they are super friendly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just had my interview with Rummy for the evening section, she used pretty much the questions that were posted here. She also mentioned that the increase enrolment is only for the full time program and has no impact on the part time class.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 638 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hey Mattyboy, would you share some more insights on Richard Ivey....That is the school I am targeting next year. International applicant. Find their program competent to many reputed US schools (some which are already on my list). I am sure you must have done your researches adequately to be able to share some with us here.....thnx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Another admit here. Congrats to those who've got in!

I heard that the new Rotman building will be ready for the incoming class this fall - can anyone confirm that this is the case? Will all classes/activities be in the new building from now on? Its renderings look pretty sweet.

Also, can those who've received the Welcome packet let me know *what* information is inside? Like...list of courses? Program start date? Pre-program information?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am in !! :-D
Didnt receive any $$ :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
itwasme wrote:
Another admit here. Congrats to those who've got in!

I heard that the new Rotman building will be ready for the incoming class this fall - can anyone confirm that this is the case? Will all classes/activities be in the new building from now on? Its renderings look pretty sweet.

Also, can those who've received the Welcome packet let me know *what* information is inside? Like...list of courses? Program start date? Pre-program information?

itwasme,

Congrats on the admit Do share you profile with us.

Rotman is moving to their new building so people who are starting their MBA will have all the classes in the new building.

there are two sets of courier that will reach you, lets call it the admissions packet and the welcome packet.

The admission packet will have all the 'please pay the deposit very soon because we are a wonderful university/school' letters, some information about Rotmans loan program and the contacts. You will get this with in the week.

Once you pay your deosit , you get an e-mail with your r-world user name and password and a welcome package.

The welcome package, that will have information on the courses, has not been sent out yet. Apparantly Rotman are yet to finalize on the course structure for 2012.

This has been the trend thus far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
sdas wrote:
Hey Mattyboy, would you share some more insights on Richard Ivey....That is the school I am targeting next year. International applicant. Find their program competent to many reputed US schools (some which are already on my list). I am sure you must have done your researches adequately to be able to share some with us here.....thnx

sdas,

I suggest you direct this question in the richard ivey discussion forum. This discussion thread is for Rotman 2012.

Cheers,
KP
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by "profile" but I've a good GPA (above 3.8) and 4-years WE in IB.

I hope to get the packets soon, as I need to decide between Rotman and a few others in M7.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rotman site says scholarships will be offered at the time of admission notification. Wondering if this is the case or anyone who got admitted received it at a later stage?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Scholarship only at the time of notification. So if there's no mention of a scholarship in your acceptance letter, then you didn't get it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had my interview the Friday before the open house (Feb 3), and I am still awaiting my admissions decision - the wait is killing me!

Can anyone provide any insight into how long this process usually takes?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
I had my interview the Friday before the open house (Feb 3), and I am still awaiting my admissions decision - the wait is killing me!

Can anyone provide any insight into how long this process usually takes?

LOL, I thought it had it bad not hearing from them since last week but you definitely beat me in that department. They said a couple of weeks at the end of my interview but usually people found out the results within a couple of days. Since you're more than 2 weeks out, you might want to give them a call to check up on the status of your application.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
I just finished my interview with rotman. Unfortunately, i messed up pretty badly in 1-2 questions i think. Questions were pretty standard. I was told that i will be informed in 2 days time. Wait continues
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Interviewed with Claire on 15 Feb and she told me the result will be out before 24 Feb. However, I didn't get any mail or call yesterday(24 Feb).

Can anyone give some advices? Btw, Did anyone recently get interview or admission?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
FIY, I am a Chinese Applicant and I'm in China right now.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts