Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Toronto Rotman 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Yay, I got invite for interview. I didn't expect it to be so soon considering one of my referee didn't submitted till this morning.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deadlycat wrote:
Yay, I got invite for interview. I didn't expect it to be so soon considering one of my referee didn't submitted till this morning.

Congrats !!!! Approximately how far is the interview date and did you opt to go to Toronto or a telephone// skape...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My interview is schedule for February 15th. I live in Toronto so it'll be in person interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deadlycat wrote:
My interview is schedule for February 15th. I live in Toronto so it'll be in person interview.

All the best!! I applied in early decision round 2.. And waiting to hear from Roman.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
best of luck to all the applicants. Rotman;s turnaround time is fast compared to other schools - my PE.

Did any one attend the open house? Any takes about the event?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was gonna go but then I noticed that it was similar to the information sessions that Rotman holds every few weeks so I skipped it and worked on my York application instead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q163 V163
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,

Did my interview with Rotman today (lasted approx: 20 mins). Generally speaking, it was very conversational and relaxed, typical of most Canadian MBA programs, from what I hear.

Questions:
1) Tell me about your work experience?
2) What is your proudest professional achievement?
3) Why the MBA, and why now?
4) Why Rotman in particular?
5) Are you applying to other MBA programs, and which ones?
6) What do you do for fun, outside of work?
7) How should I introduce you to my colleagues?

** also, note: there is the typical banter between questions, etc. etc.
--

Does anyone here know the typical turnaround from interview to admissions decision? The Adcom interviewer said "very soon," but was just hoping to have better visibility.

Thanks! Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MattyBoy, thanks for sharing your interview experiences. From what I hear, the interview at Rotman is merely a formality. You're pretty much in unless you can convince them that you're incapable of carrying a conversation. I would think "very soon" is no more than a few days but let us know when you get an answer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
MattyBoy wrote:
Hi guys,

Did my interview with Rotman today (lasted approx: 20 mins). Generally speaking, it was very conversational and relaxed, typical of most Canadian MBA programs, from what I hear.

Questions:

--

Does anyone here know the typical turnaround from interview to admissions decision? The Adcom interviewer said "very soon," but was just hoping to have better visibility.

Thanks! Cheers,

Thanks a lot for sharing your interview experience. When did you send your application and was your interview in person or on skype/telephone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
My interview was by telephone (no Skype option offered, however I didn't ask). I submitted my application around the Round 2 (early decision) deadline on February 1st. The turnaround from submission to interview was rather quick; about 7-10 days.

Hope this helps,

sachintendua wrote:
MattyBoy wrote:
Hi guys,

Questions:

--

Thanks! Cheers,

Thanks a lot for sharing your interview experience. When did you send your application and was your interview in person or on skype/telephone
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Batman,

My plan is to apply to HBS and INSEAD in Round 3, thus I'm currently in the researching/writing phase. My goal is to work/live in Canada after graduation, so my priority was Canadian b-schools.

HBS and INSEAD are obviously incredible global brands (and I would have no trouble getting a job in Canada with a degree from either), however I had to prioritize my time/resources to maximize my likelihood of acceptance.

I will certainly keep the GMAT Club posted as my admissions journey evolves.

Cheers,

batman28 wrote:
Hey mattyboy,

Did you get invites from HBS and insead??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the news!

Admitted with entrance scholarship -- will have some difficult decisions ahead though choosing which school.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MattyBoy wrote:
Just got the news!

Admitted with entrance scholarship -- will have some difficult decisions ahead though choosing which school.

Good luck everyone!

Thats amazing. There arent many who have got a scholorship from Rotman this time around.can you share your profile here Mattyboy.

Best of luck to others.

I have got an admit from Schulich and NUS (s3 program) but i am joining Rotman.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
I have submitted rotman application for some time now but nobody contacted me. today i checked the application page and found none of my two references finished their letters. I will have to ask them. i am so upset at this moment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have a query and will be grateful if someone can guideme. I applied to Rotman on Jan11 and received an email on jan 18 that my app was complete and ready to be reviewed. I have also been admitted into Richard Ivey. MBA at ivey starts on march 27. But i think that rotman is better fit for me. Currently I am waiting for Rotman's reply. Should I contact Rotman and request them to expedite the process as I have to take decision. Will it be interpreted negatively if I request them to hurry up, given they have not even invited me for interview as of yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Sachin,

First-off, congratulations on your acceptance to Ivey! That's a fantastic b-school and has a particularly competitive admissions process -- quite an accomplishment!

As per your question, I can appreciate your hesitation. Given that you received confirmation from Rotman on January 18th that your application was complete, I do not believe that it is entirely unreasonable for you to inquire. Obviously, you'll have to phrase your questions rather diplomatically to avoid any negative interpretation. I would say that you've got an acceptance from another top b-school (that you need to respond to), but that you much prefer to go to Rotman. Then ask if there is anything that you can do to help them accelerate the decision process. Followed by the typical "I really appreciate any assistance", "Rotman is my top pick", "what a great school", blah blah blah

Hope this helps -- would be curious to hear your thoughts as to why Rotman instead of Ivey

Cheers,

sachintendua wrote:
I have a query and will be grateful if someone can guideme. I applied to Rotman on Jan11 and received an email on jan 18 that my app was complete and ready to be reviewed. I have also been admitted into Richard Ivey. MBA at ivey starts on march 27. But i think that rotman is better fit for me. Currently I am waiting for Rotman's reply. Should I contact Rotman and request them to expedite the process as I have to take decision. Will it be interpreted negatively if I request them to hurry up, given they have not even invited me for interview as of yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MattyBoy wrote:
Hi Sachin,

First-off, congratulations on your acceptance to Ivey! That's a fantastic b-school and has a particularly competitive admissions process -- quite an accomplishment!

As per your question, I can appreciate your hesitation. Given that you received confirmation from Rotman on January 18th that your application was complete, I do not believe that it is entirely unreasonable for you to inquire. Obviously, you'll have to phrase your questions rather diplomatically to avoid any negative interpretation. I would say that you've got an acceptance from another top b-school (that you need to respond to), but that you much prefer to go to Rotman. Then ask if there is anything that you can do to help them accelerate the decision process. Followed by the typical "I really appreciate any assistance", "Rotman is my top pick", "what a great school", blah blah blah

Hope this helps -- would be curious to hear your thoughts as to why Rotman instead of Ivey

Cheers,

sachintendua wrote:

HI Matt,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I want to make a career switch and hence I think 2 year program at Rotman with internship opportunity is a better fit for me than one year program at Ivey. Also, I am not canadian. Unlike Ivey, Rotman offers student loans to international students at subsidized rates. I have to decide by last week of feb if I am joining Ivey or not. I will wait till the end of this week to see if I hear anything from Rotman. If I dont, I will send them the mail on Monday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts