Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [11]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Parselmouth wrote:
Congrats to all admits.

I have a quick point to make. Quite a few of those waitlisted or dinged are expressing sentiments that I think, though understandable given the circumstances, are not necessarily kosher. Everyone admitted had to go through the same steps as those who didn't make the cut - money, time, sleepless nights, etc. Ideally, we enter this process knowing that nothing is guaranteed, because each spot is fought for by several talented applicants - I thus find it hard to understand why some dinged applicants say "I was expecting an admit." No way, Jose. No one should EXPECT an admit, no matter how fantastic your interview or stats were. Would you say the same if you were applying to HSW. Don't forget that many of the same kids apply to the same top ten schools, so it's not realistic to apply to a competitive school like Fuqua and EXPECT an admit, just because you had to spend money to buy to tickets and accommodation. Come on, guys...lets be fair to the hardworking admisson committees and the rigorous admission process.

MBA application can be a really humbling experience and the earlier you approach it with a fair amount of grounding/respect/moderate expectation, the more pleasantly surprising you would find the experience.

All the best to everyone though out the remainder of the app process.

Posted from my mobile device

I don't know if you were referring to my comment bc I said getting dinged w/out an interview is in some ways better than getting dinged with an interview bc it cost me a lot to go out there and interview, but if you are I think you need to realize that I was in no way implying that people who got in didn't make huge sacrifices as well and if someone says they were expecting an admit and didn't get one, who cares? People are disappointed and just sharing their thoughts. Get over it
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
ygyh wrote:

highwyre237, have you done anything to try to get yourself off the waitlist from Fuqua? It seems like you are really into Fuqua. I like Fuqua a lot too, and was surprised to find out that I am waitlisted. But I feel I have no energy to fight to get in at this point. I don't know how much of difference a Fuqua MBA and a Johnson MBA can make for my future.

I sent an update, and had a peer rec. I didn't have much to update though, just a new project at work, and my plans for the summer. I don't think I'd have enough to update with in the coming months anyway... I'm not re-taking the GMAT, my boss, his boss, and his boss all know I got into Cornell... Nothing drastic is going to happen at work (They're trying to hire my replacement already, so we can overlap for a few months) So... I dont know what to tell you.

Johnson vs Fuqua, I think your future career prospects will be similar. I love both places, and would be very happy at either. There are some great guys on GC that will most likely be matriculating to Johnson, we'll make sure you have a good time if we're all in Ithaca this fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
ygyh wrote:

highwyre237, have you done anything to try to get yourself off the waitlist from Fuqua? It seems like you are really into Fuqua. I like Fuqua a lot too, and was surprised to find out that I am waitlisted. But I feel I have no energy to fight to get in at this point. I don't know how much of difference a Fuqua MBA and a Johnson MBA can make for my future.

I sent an update, and had a peer rec. I didn't have much to update though, just a new project at work, and my plans for the summer. I don't think I'd have enough to update with in the coming months anyway... I'm not re-taking the GMAT, my boss, his boss, and his boss all know I got into Cornell... Nothing drastic is going to happen at work (They're trying to hire my replacement already, so we can overlap for a few months) So... I dont know what to tell you.

Johnson vs Fuqua, I think your future career prospects will be similar. I love both places, and would be very happy at either. There are some great guys on GC that will most likely be matriculating to Johnson, we'll make sure you have a good time if we're all in Ithaca this fall.

Has there been any WL movement?? I figured nothing until Monday, but with the movement today, I was wondering.

Folks at Duke were super nice after my updates (which felt inconsequential to me) and sent me hopeful messages periodically. I agree, that taking the GMAT again with prestigious admits is just silly.

Hope you the best, Johnson or Fuqua :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
krudget wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
ygyh wrote:

Has there been any WL movement?? I figured nothing until Monday, but with the movement today, I was wondering.

Folks at Duke were super nice after my updates (which felt inconsequential to me) and sent me hopeful messages periodically. I agree, that taking the GMAT again with prestigious admits is just silly.

KingFalcon was accepted (though he's heading to Sloan) outside of that I didnt see anything. I'm hoping we still have a slight chance on Monday...

Good luck to you and all of your upcoming WL decisions coming up (AND TUCK IN 10 MINS!!).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
sunjuu1 wrote:
Guy's what happens if your interviewer reaches out to you after a week or so and tells you that you are in if you promise to accept the offer and in the mean time you reject an offer from another school and you get dinged on decision day...

You should beat the crap out of them....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
krudget wrote:

KingFalcon was accepted (though he's heading to Sloan) outside of that I didnt see anything. I'm hoping we still have a slight chance on Monday...

Good luck to you and all of your upcoming WL decisions coming up (AND TUCK IN 10 MINS!!).

Just saw in the Tuck thread that someone else got off Fuqua WL today. Yes I've been trolling all day, I really need to get off GMAT Club and start working! Highwyre, still hoping you get off the list on Monday, good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
A little late to the party but I was also admitted to Fuqua today. Found out online, but missed 2 calls from 919 because my phone was on vibrate. Folks that got $$, can you elaborate on whether that information came out in the phone call or in the decision letter? My letter just says I'll hear from the scholarship committee 2 weeks from now. Not sure if that means I'm not getting anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
bl13 wrote:
A little late to the party but I was also admitted to Fuqua today. Found out online, but missed 2 calls from 919 because my phone was on vibrate. Folks that got $$, can you elaborate on whether that information came out in the phone call or in the decision letter? My letter just says I'll hear from the scholarship committee 2 weeks from now. Not sure if that means I'm not getting anything.

Congratulations! I learned about the scholarship on the phone call.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
illbemba wrote:
bl13 wrote:

Congratulations! I learned about the scholarship on the phone call.

Can any current Fuqua students share some insights about chances of getting a scholarship ( when no $$ were mentioned in the admit phone call) ?

Originally posted by Zynga on 15 Mar 2013, 14:39.
Last edited by Zynga on 15 Mar 2013, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.22
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Got dinged, congrats to all who got accpeted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Got dinged, congratulations to all admitted
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
bl13 wrote:

Your verbal score is piss poor and that will cost you dearly.

On a side note, congratulations for Fuqua.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Admitted! Now it's hard decision time between Duke and Cornell...
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
bond007 wrote:
Congrats to all the new admits. Really nice to see Fuqua admitting those with 640s and 660s on their GMATs. Says a lot about the schools priorities. Dont forget to catch the Blue Devils take on Maryland tonight at 7pm EST.

Well....that wasn't the game you guys wanted to see....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Anyone know when login credentials are coming for the admitted student website? I think I was told on the phone call but totally blacked out for like 90% of that convo! I'm just overly excited about getting accepted and want more fuqua material!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Finally, admitted. So happy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MBAcm2013 wrote:
Anyone know when login credentials are coming for the admitted student website? I think I was told on the phone call but totally blacked out for like 90% of that convo! I'm just overly excited about getting accepted and want more fuqua material!

Based on the admit letter that you should've already received, we should expect a separate email with the login credentials. Not sure when though - It was listed as step #2 after deposit payment and confirming acceptance. Not sure if this means #2 will only happen after #1 is completed, i.e. after Duke receives our deposit, OR #2 can happen in parallel to #1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  75   76   77   78   79   80   81  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts