Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q42 V49
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
CobraKai wrote:
hollaback wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

In terms of chances, well, 3 rounds of admits will have passed, so if you think there weren't many spots left in Tuck's 3rd of 4 rounds, it's going to be tough sledding in Johnson's Round 4.

Did Tuck really not have many spots for Round 3? I would have thought that Round 3 is where the bulk of the class is drawn from (since the submit date in early January loosely coincides with the second rounds for most other schools).

I don't think so. I was referring to the mass speculation going on here that there was High Yield in the EA/November Round. I also mentioned that Tuck's deposit deadline for the November Round is April 26, so it'll still be some time before admits from that round have to decide. I just think it's a case of GMAT clubbers not getting admitted, or those that are, just aren't reporting it.

I think this is something we won't have much certainty on, unfortunately. Unless, more folks start spilling the beans.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks GMATClub. I didn't need a spam message from Tuck encouraging me to apply and simultaneously confuse and give me a heart attack since I've been waitlisted. Kthxbai. :P

"Whether yours is a focused career path that requires an MBA to progress in your chosen field, you are considering a career switch, or are pondering a business venture of your own, an MBA from Tuck can help you achieve your goals..."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, if we didn't get any scholarship info either on the call or the official letter, I should assume there isn't any? I'm thinking so but just want to confirm with others.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
433349100 wrote:
So, if we didn't get any scholarship info either on the call or the official letter, I should assume there isn't any? I'm thinking so but just want to confirm with others.

Based on what I've heard so far, the answer is yes. They never fail to mention scholarship during the admit call (the scholarship signifying the fact that they really want you).

Congratulations on your admit, btw! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MoKi wrote:
433349100 wrote:

Based on what I've heard so far, the answer is yes. They never fail to mention scholarship during the admit call (the scholarship signifying the fact that they really want you).

Congratulations on your admit, btw! :)

Ok. Thanks! You, too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Has anyone received the official admission letter/package through the mail yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:

Yep. It came in a 2-Day FedEx envelope. It contained a brochure, the admit letter, and a nylon Tuck bag (the ones with strings that you would wear like a backpack).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
433349100 wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Yep. It came in a 2-Day FedEx envelope. It contained a brochure, the admit letter, and a nylon Tuck bag (the ones with strings that you would wear like a backpack).

Nice, I'm still waiting for mine I guess it should be arriving soon! Thanks for the update :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bluegmat700 wrote:
433349100 wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Nice, I'm still waiting for mine I guess it should be arriving soon! Thanks for the update :-D

Anytime!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Does anyone ever reapply to a school a second time, i.e. 3 times total? I messed myself up with the round 3/april round trap and I guess didn't give myself enough time to improve (I turned a spot on the extended waitlist into a straight up rejection). But anyway, this whole cycle didn't really work out well for me and I was wondering if it was worth giving Tuck another shot when I'm applying to schools in the Fall (assuming I do a lot to improve this year).

Is that even possible? And if so, does it look dedicated or pathetic?

I know I will have to broaden my net next cycle, but I'm not totally ready to give up on Tuck, so I thought I'd ask.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
LSnyder876 wrote:
Does anyone ever reapply to a school a second time, i.e. 3 times total? I messed myself up with the round 3/april round trap and I guess didn't give myself enough time to improve (I turned a spot on the extended waitlist into a straight up rejection). But anyway, this whole cycle didn't really work out well for me and I was wondering if it was worth giving Tuck another shot when I'm applying to schools in the Fall (assuming I do a lot to improve this year).

I know I will have to broaden my net next cycle, but I'm not totally ready to give up on Tuck, so I thought I'd ask.

If you don't want to give up on Tuck then don't. As far as I know, schools don't have caps on the number of times you can apply, so if you want to put in the time and effort on another application, then go for it. It's your life -- no regrets!

PS. I don't know about Tuck, but there is a GC-er who was accepted to Yale on the third try. It is possible.
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
LSnyder876 wrote:

It is possible and aerien is right in pointing out that we do have someone who got into Yale on his 3rd try.

It neither looks dedicated nor pathetic; it's somewhere in the middle. Don't put too much thought into this particular point. Also, if you are applying to other schools this fall, I think you should re-apply to Tuck.

good luck,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
HinConsulting wrote:
I've made my decision. Tuck it is!

Congratulations! I see you have admission in some great schools. Can you start a thread mentioning why you chose Tuck over other schools? It would be a great resource for future applicants. :)
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Already made your decision ? Have a look at the following threads and let us know your story:

1.) 2013 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results - NO DISCUSSION!

2.)The evolution of your B-school pursuit

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Guys,
I got dinged by Tuck in R2, but was offered a feedback session. Today, I received an email from the Admission Director with a subject line that said "Waitlist Feedback" and in the body she referred me as a waitlist applicant. For a second I thought that they incorrectly updated my status online, and I am indeed on waitlist. Also, the feedback said no that I don't need any major improvements. Should I contact admissions office?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Guys,
I got dinged by Tuck in R2, but was offered a feedback session. Today, I received an email from the Admission Director with a subject line that said "Waitlist Feedback" and in the body she referred me as a waitlist applicant. For a second I thought that they incorrectly updated my status online, and I am indeed on waitlist. Also, the feedback said no that I don't need any major improvements. Should I contact admissions office?

Do you app Status say WAITLISTED?
I am waitlisted and I can't see anywhere that I am waitlisted beside on the decision letter.
beside that there are only Submission Status: Submitted and Decision Status: Available beginning 3/15/2013

This is very weird.. how do you know your were dinged? did your letter said denied and now say waitlisted?

Again, weird.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
dormor wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Guys,

Do you app Status say WAITLISTED?
I am waitlisted and I can't see anywhere that I am waitlisted beside on the decision letter.
beside that there are only Submission Status: Submitted and Decision Status: Available beginning 3/15/2013

This is very weird.. how do you know your were dinged? did your letter said denied and now say waitlisted?

Again, weird.

My letter says not admitted. Mistake by them>
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts