Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 05:48 It is currently 06 May 2024, 05:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:
I just received my FAFSA application report and had a question for people who have gone through the financial aid process. How did the FAFSA EFC contribution compare to your HBS yearly contribution for the financial aid formula?

Thanks in advance!!!

My FAFSA EFC was less than my HBS student contribution amount - by about 3/5. However, you can take out loans to cover the student contribution amount (I was worried at first that they expected me to have that cash on-hand...)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hunterashmore wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
I just received my FAFSA application report and had a question for people who have gone through the financial aid process. How did the FAFSA EFC contribution compare to your HBS yearly contribution for the financial aid formula?

Thanks in advance!!!

My FAFSA EFC was less than my HBS student contribution amount - by about 3/5. However, you can take out loans to cover the student contribution amount (I was worried at first that they expected me to have that cash on-hand...)

Thanks for the quick reply, I was kind of shocked at how high my FAFSA EFC was, I guess my HBS contribution is going to be even higher. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:
hunterashmore wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for the quick reply, I was kind of shocked at how high my FAFSA EFC was, I guess my HBS contribution is going to be even higher. :(

Not necessarily. That was just how mine worked out. I don't know what kind of formula they use. Don't despair - just keep reminding yourself that you are going to HBS :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hopefully it won't be too bad..either way like you said I'm still ecstatic that I'm going to HBS!! :-D

About how long did they take to answer back after you received the FAFSA report?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Anyone know if interview invites for Round 3 have been sent out?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
From HBS Admissions Blog (They won't let me put the link)

Here's the plan:

On Monday, April 22, probably at noon Boston time, every Round 3 applicant will get an email from us. You'll receive either an invitation to interview or a "Sorry, we can't offer you a place in the class" notification.

Interviews will be conducted on campus on May 2, 3 and 6. Those interviewing on campus will have an opportunity to do tours, have lunch, and meet with students. We will have limited spots available in Palo Alto on May 1 and 3. Candidates with real logistical challenges will be offered Skype interviews. 2+2 candidates should not jeopardize academic commitments - we will make accommodations."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
anyone get invited in from round three?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
No, but I got accepted in the second round to the 2+2 program!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything more about the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
mkilfoyle wrote:

I'm surprised how quiet the "Calling all Applicants" forums have gone. I was hoping for some insights from others who may have gone through this last year or this year. I'll relay my experiences as a R3 invitee - hopefully others will find it useful when they search for info next spring.

I was an R3 applicant largely due to time restraints. In retrospect, I wish I'd done R2 and probably would have made life a little easier on myself. As it stands, I got a 740 GMAT and had interesting work experience working on one of the Presidential campaigns. I applied, spending close to a week on my essays. I found it very helpful to outline the entire application as a sort of super-long essay, with the essays themselves supporting assertions made earlier (analytical appetite for instance).

The class visit was great and the interview was casual. Despite what others say, you can absolutely prep for your interview. If you can't answer a question as basic as "Why are you choosing to leave your chosen profession behind" in two or three sentences, it will definitely show. They ask a lot of questions that are harder to prepare for "elaborate on that idea, etc", but you definitely need a game plan.

It's not a terribly nerve wracking 30 minutes - it flies right by. The interviewers are nice and understand what's at stake, so they make you comfortable. Stay calm and know what you want to say and you'll survive the interview - which is really the main point of this thing. Don't blow it by rambling or being unprepared.

There were quite a few interviewees there, so R3 applicants definitely get invited to interview. They probably fill 50-100 seats in R3, so it's certainly possible to get in.

I hear the final decision on May 15th - fingers crossed. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Send PM
Hello,I am new to this forum,i would like to congratulate you for the admission into HBS.Sir,is there any way I can contact you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
mkilfoyle wrote:
mkilfoyle wrote:

I'm surprised how quiet the "Calling all Applicants" forums have gone. I was hoping for some insights from others who may have gone through this last year or this year. I'll relay my experiences as a R3 invitee - hopefully others will find it useful when they search for info next spring.

I was an R3 applicant largely due to time restraints. In retrospect, I wish I'd done R2 and probably would have made life a little easier on myself. As it stands, I got a 740 GMAT and had interesting work experience working on one of the Presidential campaigns. I applied, spending close to a week on my essays. I found it very helpful to outline the entire application as a sort of super-long essay, with the essays themselves supporting assertions made earlier (analytical appetite for instance).

The class visit was great and the interview was casual. Despite what others say, you can absolutely prep for your interview. If you can't answer a question as basic as "Why are you choosing to leave your chosen profession behind" in two or three sentences, it will definitely show. They ask a lot of questions that are harder to prepare for "elaborate on that idea, etc", but you definitely need a game plan.

It's not a terribly nerve wracking 30 minutes - it flies right by. The interviewers are nice and understand what's at stake, so they make you comfortable. Stay calm and know what you want to say and you'll survive the interview - which is really the main point of this thing. Don't blow it by rambling or being unprepared.

There were quite a few interviewees there, so R3 applicants definitely get invited to interview. They probably fill 50-100 seats in R3, so it's certainly possible to get in.

I hear the final decision on May 15th - fingers crossed. Hope this helps.

I received a ding today. Tough news. I believe R3 application played some role in this decision, so to anyone considering applying, i'd recommend applying in one of the earlier rounds.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73058 [0]
Given Kudos: 18911
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All HBS Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All HBS Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All HBS Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated HBS Forum to dive into all things related to HBS's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts