Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Folks,
As an international applicant am I eligible to apply through Consortium..?

Appreciate any feedback.

The website will provide you with the participation requirements. Check the website.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
The website is cgsm dot org. (I cant post URLs yet because I don't have more than 5 posts (gmatclub rule).

But I have copied the eligibility here: If you meet the following requirements, you are eligible to apply for membership through The Consortium:
U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident of any race or ethnicity
Demonstrate a commitment to The Consortium’s mission of helping to reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management
Hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a college or university outside the U.S.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daniellejme wrote:
I am planning to apply this year.

Hey Daniellejme,

Do you know if you'll be applying to early action or the regular deadline? I'm trying to decide on the advantages of applying in October. I'm sure you're familiar with the application process, but I'm going to share it here for others who may not know about it:

1) Submit Application and fees to up to six schools, with schools ranked in your order of preference.
2) Your application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee at your schools, and you receive an admissions decision.
3) After being admitted at your school, your application is then reviewed by the Consortium's Committee to see if you meet their mission and will be admitted as a member of the Consortium (Not all members will get a Fellowship).
4) After becoming a member of the Consortium, your application is then reviewed AGAIN by your schools to see if they will award you a Fellowship. If your 1st choice school does not give you a fellowship, then the option moves to your second choice school, etc.

At first, I was unclear on the advantages of applying in October, but after typing this, I think the advantage is clear: you will know if you are admitted to the university or not at an earlier date. As far as the Fellowship, everyone will be reviewed around mid-march.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
daniellejme wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Folks,
As an international applicant am I eligible to apply through Consortium..?

Appreciate any feedback.

The website will provide you with the participation requirements. Check the website.

daniellejme-Thanks for your reply but I'm not getting the requirements clear to be honest!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
CourtneyDelicia wrote:
The website is cgsm dot org. (I cant post URLs yet because I don't have more than 5 posts (gmatclub rule).

But I have copied the eligibility here: If you meet the following requirements, you are eligible to apply for membership through The Consortium:
Demonstrate a commitment to The Consortium’s mission of helping to reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management
Hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a college or university outside the U.S.

CourtneyDelicia-Thank your very much for posting the requirements but that's where i'm confused...either way it says that International applicants are not allowed to apply through it I think... Your thoughts..?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
CourtneyDelicia wrote:

CourtneyDelicia-Thank your very much for posting the requirements but that's where i'm confused...either way it says that International applicants are not allowed to apply through it I think... Your thoughts..?

You have to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent resident to apply through the Consortium.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
CourtneyDelicia wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
CourtneyDelicia wrote:

You have to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent resident to apply through the Consortium.

Exactly-that's what I asked at the very first.... :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CourtneyDelicia,

It will depend on my GMAT score and the essay questions. Right now I am spending my time reviewing each of the schools to determine where I feel I would fit the best.

I already have my #1 and #2 preferences set. Now I am working on 3-6. :-)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm studying for the GMAT and launching a new venture at work which is very time consuming. I'm trying not to get too wrapped up in schools (yet) because I haven't taken the GMAT yet and I think that should be my focus. I have only a #1 school. I'm not sure if I will find others Im interested in, but since it's $150 for applying to 1 or 2, I may as well apply to 2. Out of curiosity how many years work experience do you have? I will have 1 year in corporate and 1 year in int'l development/government (current job) when I apply, I'm worried about having enough experience although I know it's quality over quantity.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I finished my undergrad in 2006, but I went to school while I worked. I have 7 years post undergrad, but many, many more years in total.

I am what most would call "ancient" in the b-school world. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT Date: 08-17-2013
GPA: 3.67
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All,

I will be applying this year as well. The early decision date change has ruined my study plans, but I will make due :-). Nice meeting you all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
They sure did mix things up by moving the first date! Nonetheless, R1 it is! Good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
I'll be going in for round 1 as well. I wonder if the new deadline means earlier admissions decisions. I know in the past, because the November Consortium date was after most schools' round 1 deadline, they grouped consortium round 1 and 2 applicants together.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
I'm at OP right now in New Orleans! It's an amazing experience. ANYONE considering applying through the Consortium should definitely do it. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if there is a list of school specific essays from last year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a list of school specific essays from last year?

I'm not sure. In fact, I'm a little confused about that part of the application. I know we complete a "common app" but do we still complete individual recommendations and essays for each school?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
There is only 1 set of recommendations. We also have 2-3 essays for the common application. Then each school has "school specific" questions that they ask. I think the essays usually are like the ones from the regular application, but usually not all of them. I'm just not sure which essays each school chooses. I guess we just have to wait and see!

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts