Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bagdbmba wrote:
Thanks Rebecca for your clarification.
I just hope such scenario doesn't arise in REAL GMAT and even in case of worst possible situation, hopefully GMAC would consider it in a way that is in favor of the test-taker!

We hope not, too, babdbmba! We work closely with Pearson Vue to ensure every candidate has a fair testing experience. While incidents can still happen, we try hard to minimize them, and to ensure an outcome that is fair to all GMAT test-takers.

Rebecca
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6049 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Hi, Fozzzy! We plan to release the Exam pack this fall, but do not have an exact release date yet. I will keep you posted!

Rebecca

That could be anywhere from September to December. Is it possible to get any information if the Exam pack's release date is close or few months away. This info would be very helpful.
Send PM
Expert Reply
fozzzy wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Hi, Fozzzy! We plan to release the Exam pack this fall, but do not have an exact release date yet. I will keep you posted!

Rebecca

That could be anywhere from September to December. Is it possible to get any information if the Exam pack's release date is close or few months away. This info would be very helpful.

At this time we do not have a more precise date, but we will make an announcement as soon as we have more information.

Rebecca
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Rebecca,
Few questions to get clarified from you -
1.Are the 404 questions in GMAC's Question Pack 1 anyway similar to any questions in GMAT Prep SW's 2 mock tests?

2. Is Question Pack 1 a brand new one without any overlap with any of the already published OGs, Quant & Verbal guides?

3. I've old GMAT Prep SW installed in my machine, so if I now download the new version i.e GMAT Prep 2.0, will I get 2 different mock GMAT tests with the newer version or they'll be exactly same as those in the older GMAT Prep SW?

4. Can we reset the questions GMAT Prep SW (old/new)? I heard that we can take these 2 mock GMATs at least twice. So , in both attempts can we expect to see ALL fresh new questions?

Look forward to hear from you.
Send PM
Expert Reply
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
1.Are the 404 questions in GMAC's Question Pack 1 anyway similar to any questions in GMAT Prep SW's 2 mock tests?

2. Is Question Pack 1 a brand new one without any overlap with any of the already published OGs, Quant & Verbal guides?

3. I've old GMAT Prep SW installed in my machine, so if I now download the new version i.e GMAT Prep 2.0, will I get 2 different mock GMAT tests with the newer version or they'll be exactly same as those in the older GMAT Prep SW?

4. Can we reset the questions GMAT Prep SW (old/new)? I heard that we can take these 2 mock GMATs at least twice. So , in both attempts can we expect to see ALL fresh new questions?

I'm happy to answer your questions.

First, all of the questions in the GMATPrep Question Pack are never-before-used in any other Official GMAT prep product. They are all real, retired GMAT exam questions (with the exception of the IR questions). As for whether they are "similar" they are similar in that all Official GMAT products contain real, retired GMAT questions, but the questions you see in the pack have not been used in other products, nor are they just rewrites of other OG product questions.

The most recent upgrade to the free GMATPrep product only addressed new functionality. The question bank remains the same. And finally, for your last question, GMATPrep comes with two practice exams. You can expect to see repeat questions if you take those exams more than one time each. Many students choose to take the practice exams multiple times, but if you do so you should be aware that you will likely see repeat questions, which could falsely inflate your score.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
Hi Rebecca,

Does GMAC still mail a physical official score report? I receieved only the email of the official score, but not the physical report. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

First, all of the questions in the GMATPrep Question Pack are never-before-used in any other Official GMAT prep product. They are all real, retired GMAT exam questions (with the exception of the IR questions). As for whether they are "similar" they are similar in that all Official GMAT products contain real, retired GMAT questions, but the questions you see in the pack have not been used in other products, nor are they just rewrites of other OG product questions.

The most recent upgrade to the free GMATPrep product only addressed new functionality. The question bank remains the same. And finally, for your last question, GMATPrep comes with two practice exams. You can expect to see repeat questions if you take those exams more than one time each. Many students choose to take the practice exams multiple times, but if you do so you should be aware that you will likely see repeat questions, which could falsely inflate your score.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Few quick clarifications -
Re : 'new functionality' - do you mean the inclusion of new IR section or something else?

Got your point on the repetition of GMAT Prep questions on multiple attempts. In that case,could you please clarify that after taking the two GMAT Prep tests once, whether it'd be possible to view the un-attempted questions in non-exam mode in order to go through ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW? Or else how one can view ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW apart from taking the two tests once?

In case of multiple attempts, to what extent there could have been overlaps in GMAT Prep tests?

Much appreciate your feedback.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Samwong wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Does GMAC still mail a physical official score report? I receieved only the email of the official score, but not the physical report. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello, Samwong. At the time that you registered for the exam, you could elect to receive your score report via mail or email. The default selection is email. If you want to request a physical copy of your report as well, you will need to contact Pearson Vue.

Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
bagdbmba wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I hope that helps!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Few quick clarifications -
Re : 'new functionality' - do you mean the inclusion of new IR section or something else?

Got your point on the repetition of GMAT Prep questions on multiple attempts. In that case,could you please clarify that after taking the two GMAT Prep tests once, whether it'd be possible to view the un-attempted questions in non-exam mode in order to go through ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW? Or else how one can view ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW apart from taking the two tests once?

In case of multiple attempts, to what extent there could have been overlaps in GMAT Prep tests?

Much appreciate your feedback.

The new functionality includes new tools to help you review your responses, analyze your scores, keep track of your pacing, and customize practice sessions by type and difficulty of questions. You can see more details here: https://officialgmat.mba.com/2013/03/26/ ... fectively/.

There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank. You can continue to take practice exams from GMATPrep, but we cannot guarantee you will not see repeat questions which, again, can affect your score. As to how many questions you can expect to see in repeat exam attempts, that is not something we can predict. Thank you!

Rebecca
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks for the clarification Rebecca...Much appreciate.

You've mentioned that we can customize practice sessions, does that mean we can do so for the two practice tests available in the SW or else?
Send PM
Expert Reply
bagdbmba wrote:

You've mentioned that we can customize practice sessions, does that mean we can do so for the two practice tests available in the SW or else?

Great question! Because the practice exams are intended to simulate the real GMAT exam experience, you cannot customize the practice exams. The customization is for the practice questions only. Thanks!

Rebecca
Retired Moderator
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Great question! Because the practice exams are intended to simulate the real GMAT exam experience, you cannot customize the practice exams. The customization is for the practice questions only. Thanks!

Rebecca

Great! But I'm bit confused here and my apologies for that... You said that "There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank.", if so, then how one can customize practice questions outside 2 practice exams? Does that mean GMAT Prep contains questions apart from 2 practice exams?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Hi, I have a question regarding my registration.

I have registered for GMAT on 2nd Oct and received the confirmation of payment in my gmail. However, when I log into my mba account, there is no information about my new scheduled test. When I try registering for a new test ( e.g 4th Oct), the information shows that I have scheduled for 2nd Oct and cannot make another appointment within 31 days.

My doubt is whether I still can take the test on 2nd Oct as this situation didn't exist in my last appointment. Can you please check for me?

Best regards,
Duc.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hellscream. Apologies if you are experiencing problems with your mba.com account. Can you please email socialmedia@mba.com with your contact details, and an outline of the issues you have explained here, and someone will be in touch with you to learn more about the problem.

Many thanks,
Tina
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Dear Tina,

I have followed your instruction and thank you for your quick response.

Best regards,
Duc
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Rebecca

Great! But I'm bit confused here and my apologies for that... You said that "There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank.", if so, then how one can customize practice questions outside 2 practice exams? Does that mean GMAT Prep contains questions apart from 2 practice exams?

Hi Rebecca,
Could you please shot a reply on the above to clear the confusion I've...?

Would much appreciate your response.
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi bagdbmba. Yes, that correct. You can create customized practice sessions from practice questions only, not practice exams. So, you can customize practice sessions using the 90 questions from the free GMATPrep software and the 404 questions from Question Pack 1. You will never see questions from a practice exam in a customized practice session.

To clarify:
Free GMATPrep software:
90 practice questions - customizable
2 free practice exams - non-customizable

GMATPrep Question Pack 1:
404 additional practice questions - customizable

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1:
2 additional practice exams - non-customizable

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks,
Tina
GMAT Club Bot