Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 14:52 It is currently 04 May 2024, 14:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4055 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3124 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4055 [1]
Send PM
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink]
Kudos
MacFauz wrote:
IMO, the location of the consultant should not be of much concern.. All of the work is going to be done either over the phone or by e-mail (most will be by e-mail).. I mean.. People are even conducting their interviews over skype... There is not much requirement for face to face interaction... You will only have to see which consultants are genuine and which ones are scams..

Dude,
You got me wrong..:) Please allow me to clear the confusion!

I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...? Location of the consultant is not that of a constraint really(because it occurs over skype/phone as you've rightly mentioned)...Rather it's the high charge of the US consultants...So,just thinking whether any Indian applicants from the Club have used any Admission Consulting companies from India (basic assumption is that the Indian consultants who are MBAs from top US/European schools, will definitely charge less than their US counterparts..!)..

I hope it's clear to you now! So, can you give any insights on the same?

Other Folks-Much appreciate your thoughts also on this...!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
Hi folks (especially Indian applicants),
guys can you share any idea about the available Admission Consulting companies in India ?

Has anyone ever used any of such?

Much appreciate any thought.

P.S: Souvik/MacFauz/Marcab and other GC legends from India-please come up with your insights on the same.

@bb-It would be great if you have anything to share on this!

Guys,
Any information on this...? I'm eagerly awaiting to hear from you...!

Would really appreciate any insights.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...?

Six months since the last post, dada. Any updates?

Were you able to build a list based on your independent research?

Keen to see if our liteel team figured anywhere on the radar.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBACrystalBall wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...?

Six months since the last post, dada. Any updates?

Were you able to build a list based on your independent research?

Keen to see if our liteel team figured anywhere on the radar.

Hey Sameer,
Of course your liteel team is on the list :-)

BTW,just sent you a PM. Please check and shot a reply over there.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
Hey Sameer,
Of course your liteel team is on the list :-)

BTW,just sent you a PM. Please check and shot a reply over there.

Just responded, saar.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51475 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Well I am six months too late I guess!
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

That was a long rant. Hope you get the answer somewhere in it :-)

Let me know if you need anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Souvik,

Brother, I though I would share my opinion in a couple of lines and see what you think...
I think there are a few genuine ad cons in India, but a vast majority are running a scam, I would say >50% ..I have no data to back it up, but Its just my personal feeling, an opinion that I formed after talking to half a dozen of them!! what is your personal opinion?
On the other hand, Having been through this grueling process myself, I am thinking of starting my own firm too, not a scam i promise :) haha

souvik101990 wrote:
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51475 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
nishant1006 wrote:
Hey Souvik,

Brother, I though I would share my opinion in a couple of lines and see what you think...
I think there are a few genuine ad cons in India, but a vast majority are running a scam, I would say >50% ..I have no data to back it up, but Its just my personal feeling, an opinion that I formed after talking to half a dozen of them!! what is your personal opinion?
On the other hand, Having been through this grueling process myself, I am thinking of starting my own firm too, not a scam i promise :) haha

souvik101990 wrote:

I could not agree more. I have seen the majority of Indian admission consultants having no idea what they are talking about.
I cannot take names though. I can see how Sameer (MBA Crystal Ball) is great and its pretty evident with the hard work he puts in.
Reviews make or break an admission consultant. And by reviews I mean those that are verified. Not the ones floating around a website saying "I got into Stanford with a 600 GMAT, all thanks to the nobody-has-heard-about consultant.

I wish you all the luck if you start your own firm. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: AGSM '16 HEC '15
Send PM
Hi Nishant, Can you suggest the other 50%, which you think are the genuine ones. Please pm me if u cannot reveal the names publicly. I really dont know know what to do after my GMAT. Your help would give me a start atleast.

nishant1006 wrote:
Hey Souvik,

souvik101990 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I am sharing my experience with GyanOne Consultancy Service, India.

I was new to B-School application process and it was bit daunting experience for me. Besides, I failed to score high on the GMAT as I had hoped so I was unsure whether to apply for the B-school of my choice (IMD) or not. I sought initial consultation with 3 consulting firms and finally chosen GyanOne. Today, I am very happy that I made the right decision.

I requested for a consultant who understand my profile and who truly believes that My profile has potential to make it to my target B-School. It was very important for me that Consultant would be comfortable working with an applicant who has no prior experience in applying to any B-School.

I worked with Rishabh from the beginning. Rishabh shown great interest in my profile and advised me in developing my personal brand. He was highly professional, prompt, and went over and beyond to guide me during the entire application process. I honestly feel that I received more help than I had expected for from Rishabh. Rishabh helped me to structure my thoughts and express it powerfully to convey my key strengths throughout the application process. Rishabh was was genuinely interested in my successes and failures. He made every effort to understand me and my journey to where I am today. This helped me to highlight correct elements of my profile. Many thanks to Rishabh for his timely help, I got accepted to the B-School of top choice - IMD.

I’m so extremely happy and pleased working with Rishabh in this process. Having come from a non-prestigious university, with only a modest GMAT Score, I thought I would not be able to attend the top most institution in general management and leadership development. Rishabh’s honest feedback, support, and through preparation were invaluable.

I am totally convinced that I would not have had the same successes in being admitted to my choice of school if I hadn’t worked with Rishabh on this application. Rishabh is truly genius professional and it was truly a pleasure to work with him.

I would definitely recommend Rishabh and GyanOne to anyone looking for the outstanding support and guidance in their the MBA application process. If you are looking to get into top B-School and are looking for a consultant who is really care about your success then go for Rishabh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Any suggestions on admission consultants in india
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 582 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahul, we'd be happy to discuss. You can write to me at contact@mbadecoder.com

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hi guys has some one worked with mba karma. Just wanted an opinion on them

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q170 V153
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Hi,

From my personal experience, Rahul from MBADream is the best consultant one can ask for.

I wanted to apply to B Schools for a FTMBA program and was exploring professional consultants online immediately after my GRE. During this process, fortuitously I also talked to one of my seniors on whether I should work with a consultant or not. And he suggested that I talk to Rahul. Right from the very first conversation I found Rahul to be a very motivating person. I had had my doubts on whether GRE was the right exam to apply for an MBA and whether I should write GMAT instead. Rahul reassured me that the GRE was the right exam and I had scored well enough to receive an admit along with a very generous scholarship from many schools. I had been very wayward in terms of school selection also, to which Rahul came to the rescue and made me apply in schools that I had a fair chance of getting what I was looking for. Once I had started with the process he made me brainstorm myself for framing a story on which I could write good application essays. Rahul had very wisely made me apply in schools that he considered will offer me a decent scholarship along with other benefits such as STEM designation. After getting an interview call in some of them Rahul also held mock interviews and made me feel ready for the interviews. Rahul is a very frank, very intelligent and dedicated guide. His readiness to talk to me and guide me any time of the day was very comforting. Rice was one of the first schools I applied at and it was largely due to the invaluable guidance that Rahul offered me that I finally received an admit from Rice FTMBA and that too with a very good amount of scholarship. I strongly recommend Rahul to anyone who is either planning on applying for an MBA program at world’s best B Schools.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Sharing my experience working with Rahul from MBA dreams. I got admitted to Rice with a $$ scholarship.

When I started researching the business school admission process, I got overwhelmed and quickly realized that I will be on a lonely and tiresome road without the guidance of an expert. This is when I came across Rahul who comes highly recommended by GMATclub. I did my background checks and approached him with a little bit of skepticism because until then all my conversations with other potential consultants haven't been so great. After my very first conversation with Rahul, I immediately decided that I am going to go with this guy. His passion and energy were infectious and I went with my gut feeling. I didn't regret this decision even once since then.

As the process progressed, I realized that the role of an admissions consultant has an overlap with that of a therapist, and I feel Rahul would definitely make one heck of a therapist too. Rahul has been a pillar of strength to me in this journey and has continuously supported me in the process. Another thing that you would want in your admissions consultant is that he/she should have your best interests during the entire process and this was the case with Rahul. He always suggested the best possible solution from my perspective even though this 'solution' would have demanded extra man-hours from his side. He is ready to take your calls late in the night and would never make you feel guilty for calling at those hours. He is passionate about helping people to build their dream careers and to get into the business schools of their choice and he is always there for you to give you that extra nudge when you are feeling down.

I would highly recommend his services to whoever is looking for guidance with the business school application process.
GMAT Club Bot