Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [1]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Mark your calendars to join on Friday, August 14, at 8:30 am for an in-depth first look at the new application and discussion with Associate Dean of Admission Melissa Rapp on how to present your strongest application. She will discuss new and updated features of the application, the interview process, and tips on what candidates make a good fit for Goizueta. Register at https://goizueta.emory.edu/events/full- ... 1597408200
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile

Indian, male, 25 years.

GMAT Online - 690 (Q50, V34, IR 4)

10th - 90.92%
12th - 88.5% -- top 1% of State (among the top 0.01% performers in engineering entrance)
Graduation (Engineering) - 8.4 CGPA -- University of Mumbai -- top 10% of the batch. -- -- an alumnus of one of the oldest engineering colleges in India (it was founded in 1887 so a vintage of 133 years). My undergrad school has been a B-school feeder for all the top B schools in India. A few extra-curricular activities spread across 4 years and 2 internships. Also, got an opportunity to present my technical paper at a national level technical conference organized by the largest research and development organization in India (CSIR).

Work Exp - 03 years (as of June 2020) in Financial Consulting spread across 2 organizations (1st being the oldest rating agency in India and 2nd is one of the Big4's) - 1 promotion + increase in the scope of work + experience in catering to C-Suite requirements within and outside India. I have been handling and managing the projects as an individual contributor. 7-month on-site experience in the Middle East + Consulted international financial institutions from India.

Independent Projects / Extra-curriculars:
Helped an NGO to set up its raise the funding and design a beneficiary outreach program through which we assisted 30-40 families in order to create a secondary source of income.
Currently helping 5 MSMEs in reorganizing, rebranding, product placement, and product pricing. Here I'm trying to reduce the seasonality factor in the business and trying to bring in an element of digitization to increase consumer outreach.

Post-MBA goals - Strategy Consulting or Financial Consulting (Corporate Finance domain)
Send PM
gmat1102, please post your request in the master profile evaluations thread for Emory applications at https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 07318.html.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Does anyone know if Emory requires a re-applicant essay? The website says that it's required but the application portal doesn't mention re-applicant essay anywhere.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Is Emory located in a safe area? I'm a bit worried about the increasing crime rate in Atlanta and not sure I'd like to spend two years there.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Everyone, YouTube Live with Emory adcom starts in 30 minutes If you are around, join the session at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIUqltLibY

Adcom Members Participating in this Webinar
  • Brian Mitchell, Associate Dean of the Full-time MBA,
  • Melissa Rapp, Associate Dean of Graduate Admissions
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Virtual MBA Super Saturday

Friday, October 2 & Saturday, October 3

https://goizueta.emory.edu/events/virtu ... 1601674200

Immerse yourself in the Goizueta MBA experience during our Virtual Super Saturday. Super Saturday provides you the opportunity to meet current students and learn about our distinctive approach to educating purpose-driven leaders. Observe a class simulation, hear about our award-winning Career Management Center’s support for students and learn about the admissions process. We will also hold special break-out sessions for Two-Year, One-Year, and Evening MBA Programs.

Virtual events begins Friday evening with our inaugural "Super Saturday Swoop Ins' where you can engage with various student groups over an after-work beverage!

Friday, October 2
5:30 - 6:15PM
Super Saturday Swoop-Ins I
Join us for happy hours with members of our current student community! These sessions will give you access to know what it's like to be a student, or a partner/family member of a Goizueta MBA. If you're not from Atlanta, we will also have a session on what life is like to live and study in a culturally thriving and dynamic city! Feel feel to "swoop" into multiple sessions!
Zoom links will be sent in the pre-event reminder
-Women
-Underrepresented Minority
-Military
-Life in Atlanta
-LGBTQI
-Evening MBAs at Goizueta

6:30 - 7:15PM
Super Saturday Swoop-Ins II
-Women
-Underrepresented Minority
-Military
-Life in Atlanta
-LQBTQI
-Evening MBAs at Goizueta
-Partners/spouses of prospective students Saturday, October 3rd

8:30 - 9:15am
International Student Swoop In
9:30 - 10:30am
MBA Information Session (includes program overview, admissions, career services and class simulation)
10:45 - 11:30
MBA Program Breakout Sessions
-Two-Year MBA
-One-Year MBA
-Evening MBA
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Got an interview invite from Emory!
Any GMAT Club topic discussions which could help prepare?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Sprihasakshi wrote:

Congratulations ! Sprihasakshi , could you please debrief your profile ?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Sprihasakshi wrote:

When did you submit your app?

Current Student
Send PM
urbanjmf wrote:
Sprihasakshi wrote:

When did you submit your app?

23rd September. Deadline day.
Current Student
Send PM
jbatra wrote:
Sprihasakshi wrote:

Congratulations ! Sprihasakshi , could you please debrief your profile ?

Indian Female. 23.
Philosophy Undergrad. 720 GMAT
3 years work experience (by next fall): 3 months in a CSR startup and the rest in information services.
Extra curricular: Debating (President of English Debating Society in Undergrad and over 14 awards); Member of Women's Development Cell, Student Council
Community service: Teaching underprivileged kids and content writing with an NGO working on menstrual health awareness and child sex abuse
Post MBA goal: Management consulting
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sprihasakshi wrote:

Sprihasakshi

You can find some Emory interview experiences in the following link

https://gmatclub.com/forum/goizueta-210 ... brief.html
Current Student
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Sprihasakshi wrote:

Sprihasakshi

You can find some Emory interview experiences in the following link

https://gmatclub.com/forum/goizueta-210 ... brief.html

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Just had my interview so sharing my experience.

It was very relaxed though the interviewer seemed to be on a tight schedule and cut me in between certain answers. It started off with Susan (the Adcom member) introducing herself, post which she asked me to briefly introduce myself.

Questions:
1. How did you get your first job?
2. How did you move to your second job?
3. Is management consulting your goal? (I am guessing there was supposed to be a separate question on goals, but I answered that in the earlier question itself indirectly)
4. What do you wish to gain from your MBA?
5. Why Goizueta? (after my answer she also pitched in with some of her thoughts)
6. Tell me about a time when you successfully worked a team (this is where she started to hurry up and cut me in between, I am guessing because the clock was ticking for the next interview. I also made a mistake by describing how I am in a team generally rather than a very specific project)
7. What was the result of the above teamwork?
8. A constructive feedback you got recently
9. Any questions for me

The second half of the interview she seemed to be in a hurry and the ending was extremely abrupt. She gave me her email ID and asked me to get in touch for any further questions I might have. My suggestion would be to keep your answers short and to the point (don't tell a long story) as Susan seemed to be on a schedule and had a mental/written list of questions to run through for the interview. She was also taking notes. It was less on the conversational end and more Q&A.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
What are the video questions that form part of the application?
Current Student
Send PM
Sprockets wrote:
What are the video questions that form part of the application?

There will be an impromptu video question when you are submitting your application and you will get three tries for the same. If I remember correctly you get 30 secs to think and 1 minute to answer. Each attempt has a different question and you can chose if you want to submit that. However, you cannot pick the best of three and the old attempt is automatically discarded. Also the third attempt is the final one and you cannot forgo the same.

I took two attempts and these were my questions:
1. What is your favorite book
2. What is your favorite food

My guess is they just want to see how you think on your feet. Don't stress about it too much.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts