Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51454 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.71
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Babson College Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: May 1 and Babson Graduate Admissions
May 1 is a big day at Babson Graduate Admissions.  Here’s why:

• Second-deposit day for the Two-Year MBA admits
  • First application deadline for Evening MBA, September 2013 enrollment
  • First application deadline for Fast Track October 2013 enrollment
Tips about the three events listed above:

• We are moving to the end of the Two-Year Full-time program decision process.  Anyone with concerns or questions about your decision or deposit deadline, please contact your recruiters as soon as possible
  • Anyone in the middle of an application or about to start one for the Evening MBA program, consider finishing and submitting by May 1!  You’ll feel enormously satisfied that you did PLUS you’ll have a decision before summer even starts.  Please contact Laurel Aroianif you have any questions.
  • Calling all potential Fast Trackers–you’ve been to Visitor Day, you’ve attended one of our classes–don’t wait any longer to submit your application.  Anyone submitting on May 1 will also get a small break from Grad Admissions–an application fee waiver.  Please check in with our Fast Track recruiters if you have last minute questions, or jitters: Karen Peters, James Garvin, Laura Hunter, and Kim Van Cleave Michaels.
This week, I’d like to introduce Karen Peters, newest member of my team and Fast Tracks’ Senior Associate Director.  Karen shares her background and initial thoughts about Babson through the “Meet the Staff” format, below.

Hope to be hearing from many of you soon.

Good luck. Think big.

Best, Barbara

Karen Peters, Sr. Associate Director, Fast Track MBA Program

How long have you been with Babson?  Five months

Describe your job?  I oversee the recruitment efforts for our Fast Track MBA program- this is our unique blended online and face-to-face MBA program.  I work with a team of colleagues in Wellesley, MA, San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA to identify and enroll students in our programs based in Wellesley and San Francisco.  With this role I am always seeking new opportunities to connect with working professionals to tell them about the Fast Track program and then move them through the application process. I enjoy meeting applicants through the interview process and hearing about what has motivated them to pursue the MBA at Babson and discussing how they think about entrepreneurial thought and action in their day to day careers.

What do you like the most about the Babson community?   Working with smart, collaborative people and being surrounded by inspiring students!

One adjective to describe Babson students.  Passionate

One (or two) Fun Fact about yourself.   I love to play tennis and am rather competitive when I do get the chance to play. My guilty pleasure when not spending time with my two boys is watching BRAVO TV!

How do you define entrepreneurship?  The ability and initiative to take new ideas and translate them into action and results that creates value for society.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: The Babson Community, plus sugar
If you are wondering what it means to part of the Babson community, here is a quick account of a well-loved and much-anticipated seasonal event, the Graduate School bake-off held during Graduate Student Rejuvenation Week.

Two events explained.  First, Grad Rejuvenation Week–it happens every finals week.  Graduate School Offices sponsor or host events–some silly, some tasty, all fun–for the graduate students, so they can refresh and take a break from studying and stressing.  In the winter, my office sponsored hot cocoa and cookies.  Chair massages go on in the lobby.  Pizza happens, almost spontaneously, at midnight. This week also featured an ice cream social, a trip to the Boston Beer Company, and Zumba, among other offerings.

The Grad School bake-off.  Staff and faculty bake their best to win bragging rights.  Students vote.  Below is a sample of the offerings (photo credits Becky Prior, Grad Admissions staffer.)  Lemon tarts by Professor Bob Turner–wouldn’t you want an accounting prof who also bakes?  He’s been a prior winner.  Liz Saumsiegle, the smiling administrator and assistant director Glavin Center for Multicultural and International Education, is our bake-off Betty Crocker and organizer. Thanks Liz!!  And our winner this year was the Graduate School’s own Chuck Collins, Assistant Director of Student Affairs, for his Peanut Butter Toffee Gooey Butter Cake. 

During the MBA interview process, we ask how would you contribute to the Babson commuinity during your time as a student.  But realize that we, the staff and faculty, also take our community responsibility seriously.  And joyfully.

Good luck.  Think Big.

Best, Barbara

My Cinnamon Chocolate Cake

The Winner – Yeah, Chuck Collins!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: What’s new at Babson and the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business?
Greetings from Babson’s Graduate Admissions where, as always, we are busy meeting and speaking with you – the candidates for our graduate programs.

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Petia Whitmore and in September 2013 I assumed the role of Director of Graduate Admissions at Babson. I’m new to my role but not to Babson. I first joined the Babson community in 2007 as an MBA student (hello there, fellow class of 2009 Babson MBAs!).  Then I joined Babson as a staff member in 2009. My career at Babson has been defined by a passion for connecting prospective students with outstanding educational opportunities. The greatest rewards of my work are the student stories I hear every day – Babson’s graduate students are a very driven and inspiring group. I will be featuring some of them in this blog so stay tuned.

Second, let me introduce an exciting new program that Babson has launched – our MS in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership. This nine-month program is designed for those who have just completed or recently earned their Bachelor’s degree in Business or Liberal Arts and have little or no business experience. Per Babson Professor Kate McKone Sweet, who played an instrumental role in designing the program, “Recent Liberal Arts graduates are well-prepared for the creative thinking that leads to innovation and problem solving. Our MSM in Entrepreneurial Leadership will allow them to leverage these skills to create solutions to real world problems, and to develop the leadership skills necessary to achieve long-term career success in whatever they do.”

Interested? You can join @BabsonGraduate for a Twitter chat on October 22 at 7:30 p.m. EST to learn more about our graduate programs and the launch of our new Master of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership. Members of the Graduate Admissions’ team will be available to answer your questions. Follow [url=mailto:Interested?%20You%20can%20join%20@BabsonGraduate%20for%20a%20Twitter%20chat%20on%20October%2022%20at%207:30%20p.m.%20EST%20to%20learn%20more%20about%20our%20graduate%20programs%20and%20the%20launch%20of%20our%20new%20Master%20of%20Science%20in%20Management%20in%20Entrepreneurial%20Leadership.%20Members%20of%20the%20Graduate%20Admissions'%20team%20will%20be%20available%20to%20answer%20your%20questions.%20Follow%20@BabsonGraduate%20and%20tweet%20your%20questions%20using%20%23BabsonChat.]@BabsonGraduate[/url] and tweet your questions using #BabsonChat.

Ready to start your application? Join the Babson Bridge and begin your journey to becoming an entrepreneurial leader.

We look forward to meeting you! Here are more ways get in touch with us.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: Women’s Preview Day at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business
At Babson, we work hard to ensure our students have the resources they need to succeed academically and professionally. One powerful example of the personalized opportunities we make available to graduate students is reflected in the focus we put on educating and celebrating women entrepreneurial leaders of all kinds.

On Friday, November 1, Graduate Admissions will host a group of graduate school candidates for a Women’s Preview Day. If you are exploring the difference a Babson MBA or MS degree can make in your career, you should join us to learn about the support and resources we dedicate to our women students. You’ll meet with Graduate Admissions and the Babson Association of Women MBAs (BAWMBA), join a live MBA class, and have lunch with representatives of the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership and the Babson community. The women of BAWMBA will host you for coffee, cocoa, and conversation at the end of the day, so you can ask questions in a casual environment.

We look forward to seeing you on campus for this special event:

Women’s Preview Day

Friday, November 1

8:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Register now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Got an admit mail yesterday night.Will be joining for the two year MBA prog...Feeling so happy..
Anyone else have got??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mayur666 wrote:
Got an admit mail yesterday night.Will be joining for the two year MBA prog...Feeling so happy..
Anyone else have got??

Congratulations Mayur :)
When did you get interviewed? mind sharing your profile? heard anything about financial aid?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prash8429 wrote:
mayur666 wrote:
Anyone else have got??

When did you get interviewed? mind sharing your profile? heard anything about financial aid?
Thanks

Thanks prash...

I was interviewed last month on 21st. Am Mechanical engineer working in Tata Motors for the last 2.5 yrs.
Graduated from College of Engineering, Guindy. Average GPA. Very good extracurricular.

How about you?? Applied?? Interviewed??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mayur666 wrote:
prash8429 wrote:
mayur666 wrote:
Anyone else have got??

Thanks

Thanks prash...

I was interviewed last month on 21st. Am Mechanical engineer working in Tata Motors for the last 2.5 yrs.
Graduated from College of Engineering, Guindy. Average GPA. Very good extracurricular.

I was interviewed on last month 20th. I have graduated from NIT warangal in 2012 may, majored in ECE, and have been working as application developer in oracle(chennai :wink: ) since then.
Anyway, congratulations again :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How about you?? Applied?? Interviewed??[/quote]
I was interviewed on last month 20th. I have graduated from NIT warangal in 2012 may, majored in ECE, and have been working as application developer in oracle(chennai :wink: ) since then.
Anyway, congratulations again :)[/quote]

The results are out in Babson Bridge. All the Best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mayur666 wrote:

Anyway, congratulations again :)[/quote]

The results are out in Babson Bridge. All the Best.[/quote]
Just checked, got reject.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry to hear that ... Dont worry buddy there are always options.

Other people?? Any other admits??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE:Consulting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
mayur666 wrote:
Sorry to hear that ... Dont worry buddy there are always options.

Other people?? Any other admits??

Yep! Got my admit yesterday.

Was also offered Grad Assist. and fellowship! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep! Got my admit yesterday.

Was also offered Grad Assist. and fellowship! :-D[/quote]

Congrats Adrian.Thats great:)

Mind sharing ur profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.75
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
receive admitted email 2 days ago. 2Y MBA. Anyone gonna study there?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vungochai wrote:
receive admitted email 2 days ago. 2Y MBA. Anyone gonna study there?

Am goin.. How about u??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: Test Scores and Credentials – the official scoop on unofficial documents
The application process for all graduate programs at Babson College is designed to make it easy for you to focus on presenting a strong, well rounded candidacy. You work on your application on the Babson Bridge – the same streamlined central place where you can tell us about yourself and learn a lot about your program of interest.

One of the questions candidates often ask is how to submit test scores and transcripts and if official documents are required. It’s really quite simple (and you can find the complete applications instructions here).

If you have taken the GMAT, you may upload a copy of your score report with your application. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit your official GMAT score to Babson directly from Pearson VUE. Since you may submit your application prior to taking the GMAT, we recommend that you have your score reported to Babson at the time you take the test.

You can choose to upload transcripts. However, please note that an official transcript is either a hard copy sent in a sealed envelope or copies sent to Babson directly from the institution. An unofficial transcript is a copy of any official document that you upload, email or mail us yourself. If you are admitted, you will be required to ensure you submit official copies of any unofficial transcripts. In your decision letter, you will find the submission deadline for official documents.

We hope this makes it easier for you to focus less on paperwork and more on telling us about your background, achievements and goals, but most importantly – how you see yourself becoming an entrepreneurial leader at Babson.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: What graduate program is right for you?
Are you trying to decide which Babson MBA delivery model is right for you? Or maybe even deciding between an MBA and a MS program? MBA candidates offer wonder if they should go back to school full-time or part-time. And we often speak with candidates with limited work experience who are trying to figure out if an MBA or a Master of Science program would better position them for the jobs they aspire to.

We have a tool to help you compare Babson’s six graduate programs.

While the delivery model may be different, all our programs have one thing in common – they prepare you to solve real-world problems and gain the skills and vision that an employer looks for the most: the ability to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity and motivate teams in a common purpose to solve complex issues around the world.

A member of the Graduate Admissions team will be happy to speak with you and help you make the right choice.

We all have our own goals. Live yours.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts