Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 20:08 It is currently 04 May 2024, 20:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.73
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
Got a status update and was taken off the waitlist. Good luck everyone. Are any of the waitlisted and rejected folks planning on applying next year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
dingalinged too...no plans to reapply...don't think I can go thru this again...

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
kablam wrote:
just got dinged too :(. sucks!

me too. Really disappointed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Dinged too... heartbreaking...but at least I don't need to worry about this school anymore... hopefully you guys get into a decent back up school!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.22
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
So my application still says the same thing (Status available, the letter that says to sign up for the wait list). Does this mean I'm still in the running? I get nervous every time because the status didn't change to "waitlisted" or something of that sort.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TDRKZ wrote:
So my application still says the same thing (Status available, the letter that says to sign up for the wait list). Does this mean I'm still in the running? I get nervous every time because the status didn't change to "waitlisted" or something of that sort.

I believe it means you are still on the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Any idea when is the final deadline for the deposit for Round 1 admitted candidates?
Director
Director
Send PM
I have to say that I feel a little misled by Sloan. During the waitlist chat, the admissions office said that waitlisted candidates would get final decisions on April 1. Then I also visited campus in December and an Admissions officer confirmed that, and was even more specific, saying that waitlisted applications would not be reviewed until March, after the R2 invitations went out, so as long as updates were sent before the end of Feb, that would be fine.

So getting a decision on Feb 28--a month earlier than what I was told makes me think that something changed and the Sloan office did not do what they said were going to do.

Anyway, time to move on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Wow... many dings, sorry to hear that, but at least there is action now.

It seems that all the recent updates refer to candidates who got waitlisted without an interview, is that correct?
The rest of us are still in the twilight zone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yea, I think they might have changed some things...
E.g. My interview partner was Ms. Levenson and she got just promoted to "head of admission office" (or something like that...).
So when "new" people come in, usually (some) process also change. Maybe that's why there are different information out there.

I sent my update just some days ago, because somehow I had the info back in my head that before end Feb would be good timing.
Did you (Ward2012) send any update? I mean showing up at campus shows commitment... And in the end, that's what they are looking for...
Director
Director
Send PM
Felix85 wrote:
Yea, I think they might have changed some things...
E.g. My interview partner was Ms. Levenson and she got just promoted to "head of admission office" (or something like that...).
So when "new" people come in, usually (some) process also change. Maybe that's why there are different information out there.

I sent my update just some days ago, because somehow I had the info back in my head that before end Feb would be good timing.
Did you (Ward2012) send any update? I mean showing up at campus shows commitment... And in the end, that's what they are looking for...

Thanks. Yes, I sent three updates--1) an extra essay from me in response to feedback on my application that was provided to me when I visited; 2) a recommendation from a current student; and 3) a recommendation from an alum (a coworker of mine so he knows my work well.) I sent these updates in mid-Jan to mid-Feb.

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

And during the waitlist chat in November, the two admissions officers did indeed say that before end of Feb would be fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sounds pretty well executed. Do you have any idea why it did not turn out? Especially as an re-applicant…

Sometimes I get the feeling that the people who would benefit the most from certain top MBA programs do not get in just because it’s “easier” for the schools to work with already “top material” instead of taking the risk and “creating greatness”.
Which, in some way, creates certain doubts about the quality / use of an MBA study itself (beyond networking, branding, etc.), but some people wrote whole books about this topic… So I guess we leave it for now :D
Director
Director
Send PM
Felix85 wrote:
Sounds pretty well executed. Do you have any idea why it did not turn out? Especially as an re-applicant…

Sometimes I get the feeling that the people who would benefit the most from certain top MBA programs do not get in just because it’s “easier” for the schools to work with already “top material” instead of taking the risk and “creating greatness”.
Which, in some way, creates certain doubts about the quality / use of an MBA study itself (beyond networking, branding, etc.), but some people wrote whole books about this topic… So I guess we leave it for now :D

Thanks for the kind words. I have no idea. My main issue is that Sloan did not follow its stated procedures with me, which is why I'm confused. At the end of the day, though, these are all highly selective schools, and I'll just have to chalk it up to the competition being better than me.

Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When are the Round 1 and 2 deposit deadlines for Sloan?
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q159 V4
Send PM
if the application status still submitted does it mean it's being evaluated? I got ding from LGO program but being considered for the Round 2. Anyone having similar case? And anyone dinged by LGO but got invited for the MBA?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
On the Sloan web-page, they state that all R2 candidates need to reply by may 1st.
What does that mean...

There will be an update on the 1st of April for all of us, right? In worst case they tell us that we are still on the list, without giving any details.
Does someone know when most decisions for waitlisted candidates usually go online?

Everything after 1st of April is getting tricky for me (quitting my job, etc.), even though I stated that I would accept an offer until 1st of June... Maybe that wasn`t my smartest move, but oh well :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GPA: 3.03
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Felix85 wrote:
On the Sloan web-page, they state that all R2 candidates need to reply by may 1st.
What does that mean...

There will be an update on the 1st of April for all of us, right? In worst case they tell us that we are still on the list, without giving any details.
Does someone know when most decisions for waitlisted candidates usually go online?

Everything after 1st of April is getting tricky for me (quitting my job, etc.), even though I stated that I would accept an offer until 1st of June... Maybe that wasn`t my smartest move, but oh well :D

That means that every person admitted has to pay their deposit by 1 May...I think the majority of the movement for us wait listed people will be after that date. 1 April is the date where they tell us that we are either 1) Still on the wait list 2) Dinged or 3) Admitted
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts