Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16 [#permalink]
mbaoneyear wrote:
IMD just released the career report, I do not feel comfortable with it. There is no statistics for the class of 2013!! they take the THREE Year average, very strange indeed. It may indicates not a good results for the class of 2013 so that they try to cover it up by such average approach! Can you guys comment on this.

I dont think a famous institution as IMD needs to cover up.
Also remember IMD is a Non profit insti. (with free food throughout the year) , accepts only 90 ( could increase no. of students and increase revenue but doesnt)

so I dont think they look into playing with the stats and i dont think they care too much as it varies according to the economy every year!

I think they changed approach towards investing effort in publishing these stats and focus on rankings!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Hola from Juan
Today's post is from my classmate Juan, who is spending his summer Mediterranean-style in Spain. Thanks Juan! Enjoy the rest of the break!

---

"Mediterranean lifestyle in the South of Spain to recharge batteries for the second part of the year!"​
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Pasha's summer

Today Pasha shares his summer impressions with you:

"I have been Europe-trotting and meeting IMD friends in different places of the continent. My latest stop was in Beirut, Lebanon, where I joined 12 others (Florian, Theo, Joan, Nico, Bernardo, Lara, Elena, Alarico, Darshana, Youmna, Gillian, Henri) for 3 days of amazing Middle Eastern culture, hospitality (Thanks to Youmna and family), and food!

Pasha"

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone, I am planning to apply in fourth round i.e. deadline of August 1. Does anybody here know which will be the dates for assessment day for this deadline? how much time will i have for preparation for the assessment day from the day i receive an invitation for the assessment day?

Looking forward for your help.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Li Ping in Iceland
​Today you can feel, what summer holiday means for Li Ping:

“We are awestruck by the sheer beauty and rawness of nature which captivated the Viking explorers to settle in Iceland. From volcanoes to lava-field geothermal baths to deep hidden valleys and gushing rivers... Of course, such "challenging" exploring must be rewarded with vino at the end of the day :) ALOT of vino... Love and hugs from Li Ping and Kenneth”

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Carmine in Hawaii
​Today you can enjoy the breathtaking pictures of Carmine Mancusi:

"How to describe with a few pictures the magnificence of the nature in the Hawaiian islands?? Landscapes shaped by eruptions that created a multitude of mountains, valleys, canyons and waterfalls.

A must see once in a lifetime…In the pictures

-          Mount Wailaelae (Kauai island) one of the wettest spot on heart:  more than 452 inches (11,500 mm) of rain a year since 1912

-          Mount Haleakala (Maui island) taller than mount Everest by about 675 feet when you consider that there’s 19,680 feet of the volcano hidden under the ocean and 10,023 above sea level

-          Waimea Canyon"

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Postcard from Darshana
​Please see a "postcard" from Darshana:

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Triple summer update, to celebrate (or mourn) the end of the break
We are officially back from summer vacation today, but I am not ready to let go of the break quite yet... so I am posting a triple update from my classmates on the exciting ways they have spent their summer breaks. Thanks guys!

Marcelo

---

First off, here are a few pictures from Lara, which I should have included in her original guest post a couple of weeks back... Looks like she had a very nice time in Italy!

---

Next, here's an update from Christiaan, who chose to stay in Lausanne and enjoy Switzerland:

Going to the beach,
swimming, running along the shore, hiking in the mountains, having scenic
picnics – you guessed it, I’m in Lausanne! Even though most of my classmates
are traveling throughout Europe and the rest of the planet, my wife (Zandri)
and myself decided to make the most of our time in Switzerland, and to fully
immerse ourselves in what the country has on offer.

During summer, Lausanne
feels like a beach town. Hundreds of people migrate to the lake every afternoon
to suntan, barbeque, play some beach sports, and generally have a good time.
There are plenty of beautiful hikes close by, and the mountain scenery is
absolutely astounding. The sun sets at about 9:30 PM, making for long lazy days
that can be spent outdoors to the very end.

While it is easy to
travel to the rest of Europe from here, it is not required in order to have a
great vacation. For outdoors people like ourselves, we have been having some
truly magnificent experiences, all within 1-2 hours from Lausanne!

---

Last but not least, here's an update from Aksel, who took the opportunity to celebrate nothing less than his wedding!!

Congrats to the lovebirds!!! In fact, Aksel wasn't the only one to get married during the break. Congrats to Elisa and Simon as well!!!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Restart after the summer holiday
​Although I had a very intense summer holiday, it seems it was quite long time ago as we have jumped into leadership stream, job search and Navigating the Future preparation immediately. Fortunately everybody has some nice stories from the holiday trips, so it helps to keep the  positive feeling, although the rainy weather in Lausanne tries to pull us into „autumn mode”. Fortunately I could collect so many beautiful and positive memories during the hiking tours in Switzerland, the trip to Spain and France and of course when visited friends and family in Hungary, that this gives me a lot of energy for the coming months.

And if I would feel that my energy level goes down, I have to remember only the story of our guest speaker from Monday, Jamie Andrew, whose unbelievable story for reestablishing his life after his accident in the Alps showed us, that you can reach even the most extreme goals if you are really commited.

András
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Back in Action
Greetings to all! It has been quite some time since my last entry as I was on holidays and away from technology.

Our first week back at IMD has been filled with leadership experiencials, project work and job hunting. I can't speak for everyone but I certainly feel like this week has been a bit of a warm-up to get back to the full speed we were at prior to vacation.

My primary concern of the week has been aligning more networking calls for my job search. I have had the opportunity to speak with alumni, recruiters and contacts all over the world and excitement about all of the possibilities are certainly inspiring me. My conversations have reinforced my appreciation for the IMD name around the world and the access that I have received from the US to Australia! Next week some members in the class will have a company visit to a consulting firm in London so we are all preparing for that and getting ready for interview season.

It feels great to be back, rested and ready for the 4 remaining months!​

Ashley
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Navigating the Future
We’ve been back at IMD for just one week now, but it’s
amazing how the summer break already feels like it was so long ago. A lot has
been happening since we came back. We had a great 2-day leadership session,
followed by a lot of work on Navigating the Future, a group work project where
we have been given a big, broad question about future challenges the world may
encounter. We are tasked with putting together a 15-minute presentation, and a
follow-up one-hour workshop, which we will deliver to executives once they come
to campus in September.

At the same time, most of us have been trying to “navigate
our own future” (ha ha), trying to find time to squeeze in some work on the
career search, working on cover letters, researching companies, and setting up
phone calls with alumni. There is a lot of work to be done on this front as
well, with on-campus recruiting only a few weeks away!

On the personal front, my wife has managed to talk me into a
whole new project: fitness! I have to admit, this is something I have basically
neglected in the first six months of the year. Well, today was day two of
waking up a bit earlier, sliding in the DVD and getting a solid workout in,
under the direction of the extremely motivational Shaun T. I am hoping I will
have the discipline and willpower to keep it up!

​Marcelo
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: photoblog - Coming back to the dungeons.. with a surprise!
​It’s hard to come back to the action after
almost 3 weeks of summer break. But our social committee (Luiz, Yaelle,
Marc-Etienne, Henri) can organize great networking party in just 5 min!

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Road to Madrid – the first match
Although we have several challenges ahead in the form of Navigating the Future presentation, Discovery Trip, Individual Project and of course job search, more than twenty of us decided to accept the invitation of IE for an MBA football tournament in Madrid on 11th – 12th October.

As the team started the serious training under the supervision of our coach, Jack and trainers Anurag and Hervé, I have decided to start a series on the blog to allow you to follow our preparation. This Tuesday we had our first „power training” with Hervé, after which I have felt the pains in my muscles for two days, but I could not have too much rest, as we had our first training match against the representatives of the IMD retaurant staff. We won for 4 – 2, although the situation was not equal as we had practically two lines, because so many MBAs would like to participate in this road to Madrid.

Join to our new challenge!

András

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Fireworks and Bollywood
​I have just come back from a Bollywood dance class taught by one of our classmates. It seems that ever since we have come back from summer break, life is a little more balanced. I can't tell if it is because we have less work or because we are managing it much better. Either way, I am happy to have more time to bond with my classmates and take time away from studying.

Last night we had a different outing. Many of us met in Geneva for the annual celebration of when Geneva joined the Swiss federation. There was a firework display like I have never seen in my life! It was incredible and drew a crowd of thousands of people.

Tomorrow we start a long week of company visits, so it was good to have a weekend full of fun!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Getting in the Discovery Mode!
​Just one week and we will be on our way around the globe with a 1/3 of us going to Brazil, the US and Singapore, respectively.

I am very much looking forward to the trip, for the experience, for the broad perspective and for the realignment that happens when one travels.

I will be going to Singapore where we will meet with state officials, leading global consulting firms, corporate teams and, of course, our alumni.

We have been busy presentations that we will deliver to these groups during our trip as well as working on presentations for the Navigating the Future Conference to happen the week that we return to IMD. On top of this, we have many job applications due with on-campus-recruiting weeks early in September. May of us are focused on the job search, practicing interviews, writing cover letters and keeping our fingers crossed!

The trip to Singapore will be a good way to refocus and come back ready for thre recruiting season... and prepare for ICP!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: photoblog - Professor Claude Nicollier - the first Swiss astronaut
Yesterday, Professor Claude Nicollier, the first Swiss
astronaut who has flown on four Space Shuttle missions, came
to IMD to visit our MBA class and taught a lesson about leadership.  The success of an international aerospace
mission depends on the strength and determination of the team, on clear goals,
roles and responsibilities.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Women in Leadership
Today we had an interesting guest
speaker session with Camille Mirshokrai, a high level executive from
Accenture. She was invited to speak about Women in Leadership, a topic that has
led to much discussion among the class and the IMD community this year. Camille
also spoke about her career track, and some of her learnings along the way.
Partners were invited as well so I was happy to have my wife Ashley there with
me. As a topic that is close to her heart at the moment, I asked her to write
up some of her takeaways from the session. Here’s what Ashley wrote:

Camille
started off by addressing the title of the event itself, “The Future of
Business – Women in Leadership”.  Camille made the excellent point that if
a man had been invited to speak, the title would have been something more like
“Leadership”. I appreciated that Camille didn’t focus heavily on women’s
issues, but simply spoke about leadership and the current business climate from
her perspective as a woman.  One tip that I took away is to build your own
board of directors to help steer your career. I’m working on it, and have
already appointed myself as the Chair(wo)man of Marcelo’s board.

At
the end of the session, a question about the shortage of women in senior
leadership positions was raised. I was disappointed when Camille answered that
she felt this was a result of the choices women make. As a new mom navigating
the perils of working from home, I can say that the options for career-driven
mothers aren’t great, and I have it easier than most. Working a high-stress
job and spending more than half of my income to pay for reputable childcare,
all to see my child for as little as 1-2 hours a day hardly feels like a
sensible “choice”. That’s not to say I am a victim, to use terminology from
Camille’s speech. On the contrary, I feel a strong sense of empowerment. I’ve
been a project manager for a few years, but it was not until becoming a mom
that I mastered managing conflicting priorities, delegating, resolving
conflicts, and staying motivated 24/7. Personally, I feel that the business
world could take a more proactive approach to acknowledging the value of these
skills. With a little flexibility, it may be that we wouldn’t have to make a “choice”
at all.

This
is a huge topic to address in a little blurb but I hope the MBAs can continue
these types of discussions and change the conversations about women in
leadership for the future!

- Ashley
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts