Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16 [#permalink]
notamaybe wrote:
mbaoneyear wrote:
Guys, anyone knows when IMD release the employment report for 2013 grads? INSEAD released its statistics last week!

asking this question to the forum ask imd admissions would help...

sorry for that, but I heard it was not a good recruiting season for the second year at IMD and just wanted to see the career statistics, it is an unusual that the release get such a delay..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaoneyear wrote:
notamaybe wrote:
mbaoneyear wrote:
Guys, anyone knows when IMD release the employment report for 2013 grads? INSEAD released its statistics last week!

sorry for that, but I heard it was not a good recruiting season for the second year at IMD and just wanted to see the career statistics, it is an unusual that the release get such a delay..

Mbaoneyear, I think u misunderstood me, the link I gave is the one where IMD's official marketing team is answering questions.

I am a bit worried that is a not a good recruiting season for second year.
may be you can throw some more light on this!

Never mind I posted it any ways, ( while thinking of you :D)
ask-imd-admissions-116514-120.html#p1378910
Intern
Intern
Send PM
notamaybe wrote:
mbaoneyear"="notamaybe wrote:
mbaoneyear wrote:

sorry for that, but I heard it was not a good recruiting season for the second year at IMD and just wanted to see the career statistics, it is an unusual that the release get such a delay.

Mbaoneyear, I think u misunderstood me, the link I gave is the one where IMD's official marketing team is answering questions.

I am a bit worried that is a not a good recruiting season for second year.
may be you can throw some more light on this!

Never mind I posted it any ways, ( while thinking of you :D)
h

as you know, IMD is very different from the other schools, the class is very small, more experienced, and hence they graduates usually get higher starting salaries than the other top schools (including harvard), for many years the MEDIAN salary was in the range 130K to 140K. Last year, it fell dramatically to $119K! and the IMD was late in releasing that report. It is hard to get similar salary (and very difficult indeed if less) to the other school's grads who are less experienced. I see schools such as Oxford's said gives its grads very strong start salaries, this year for example the median starting salaries for consulting sector was about $130K or so, pretty similar to Harvard, Wharton, and Stanford, and higher than INSEAD (the consulting school), remember that Oxford's said is less than 20 years old! even in industry sector (the area of which IMD is a leader) it gives its grads starting salaries better than IMD last year! I am interesting to do an MBA in an accelerated form, one year, so I did some research about schools that offer such programs.. But lets see this year report of IMD, I wish my feeling is wrong as I know the school offers pretty special mba education.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
notamaybe wrote:
folks, is there anyone who has got a call , with assessment in switzerland out of Round 3?

At last, after waiting for a long time,
I got a call from IMD yesterday evening and I will have the assessment day in august.

Good luck for the ones who are still awaiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
notamaybe wrote:
notamaybe wrote:
folks, is there anyone who has got a call , with assessment in switzerland out of Round 3?

I got a call from IMD yesterday evening and I will have the assessment day in august.

congratulations, it is really interesting that they still call people one month after the deadline!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaoneyear wrote:
notamaybe wrote:
notamaybe wrote:

congratulations, it is really interesting that they still call people one month after the deadline!

this is the timeline for June deadline, calls are going out between 3 and 6 weeks.
as far as I understood, IMD is busy planning and organizing the assessments for Round 3 now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"notamaybe"]
mbaoneyear wrote:
notamaybe wrote:
notamaybe wrote:

this is the timeline for June deadline, calls are going out between 3 and 6 weeks.
as far as I understood, IMD is busy planning and organizing the assessments for Round 3 now!

I am not sure this is the timeline for June as it is similar to the other rounds. There are 8 weeks for every round during which the invitation would take 2 to 3 weeks, preparation for assessment 2 to 3 weeks, and they get in a week or so after the assessment day. The only exception for September round where there is limited time, and hence they process applications quite fast. I somehow believe in the last 2 years, there is some kind of decline in applications..and therefore, there is pretty good chance of acceptance if you have been invited to the interview. anyhow, Did you applied to Kellogg 1Y? if so, how was the process? and have you considered the Columbia January Intake program?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CIPS
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got a call from IMD. Over the moon now :-D

Assessment day scheduled in August. Have to choose between Lausanne and Singapore. Slots available on Aug 15th or 19th for Lausanne and Aug 23rd for Singapore.

Congratz for those who got the invitation already and good luck to all folks still waiting for a call...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rizz wrote:
Got a call from IMD. Over the moon now :-D

Assessment day scheduled in August. Have to choose between Lausanne and Singapore. Slots available on Aug 15th or 19th for Lausanne and Aug 23rd for Singapore.

Congratz for those who got the invitation already and good luck to all folks still waiting for a call...

"over the Moon" !! did you mean noon :) .. congratulations, best of luck..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats rizz,
I think you have been given a lot of options ;)
good luck!

however i am surprised that out of some 27 (9 per day * 3) only 3 of us have announced that we have been selected this is very bad.
I don't know why participation in this forum is decreasing so much.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Glimpses of a Greek holiday
Today's guest entry comes from Anurag Khilnani (Indian) and his wife, Deepika (MBA 2013)

Breathtaking sunsets, post-card like landscapes, lip-smacking cuisine and the best company :) - relaxed, recharged and inspired !

Cheers,

Anurag & Deepika

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CIPS
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Decided to go to Lausanne on Aug 15th. Anybody going on the same day?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Enjoying Rio de Janeiro
Today's guest entry is from Brazilian Bernardo Tarbes.

Greetings from Rio,

The World Cup environment and the beaches are the highlight of my trip. As a Brazilian, I'm a little bit puzzled with Brazil's last match.. Haha

I met Jack and Andre here in Brazil and we had a great time together :)

Bernardo

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IMD just released the career report, I do not feel comfortable with it. There is no statistics for the class of 2013!! they take the THREE Year average, very strange indeed. It may indicates not a good results for the class of 2013 so that they try to cover it up by such average approach! Can you guys comment on this.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Rio and shoes
Today's guest entry is from British Jack Clarke, who's spending time with classmate Bernardo in Brazil.

I was four rows back from the front of the stadium!! But the IMD umbrella wasn't allowed in the stadium as well!!
Bernardo and I both had job interviews in Rio, so we had to buy shoes!

Jack
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IMD '16 (S)
Send PM
I got a call for interview too. Will be attending the assessment day on Aug'19th. Anybody else attending on the same date?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Ciao from Lara
Today's entry brought by my classmate Lara, who seems to be having a nice Italian vacation! Thanks Lara, enjoy the rest of your trip!

---

​Ciao
tutti! The journey from Lausanne to Rome via Antibes, Tuscany, and Umbria has
been as fun as it has been beautiful! Assisi is the perfect example of the
breathtaking views we've seen. And Rome is... well, Rome. Spectacular! Tonight,
we will see La Bohème at Terme di Caracalla. Hope everyone else is enjoying the
well-deserved break!

Lara
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts