Join us for MBA Spotlight – The Top 20 MBA Fair      Schedule of Events | Register

It is currently 06 Jun 2020, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2014, 14:42
rakave wrote:
Hey guys, pardon the late reply..work was whooping my ass real bad... -___-

I was invited to attend Assessment Day...got a call on April 29th. Assessment Day is being held June 6th.

Is anyone else heading to Lausanne? R1 admits, could you kindly give us a brief run-through of your interview process.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Rakave
could you please share your experience of the assessment day and results if u know already

cheers
Director
Director
Orchestrating Winning Performance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2014, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Orchestrating Winning Performance
​This marks the first years that IMD's MBA's have been given the spotlight at the OWP event, providing us the opportunity to share our ideas, present our skills and add to the overall value of the conference. It was a special activity for us to do as a group, testing our own abilities to orchestrate winning performance within the MBA team. Having been given the vision from our program director, we split into presentation and marketing teams. People took up leadership in liaisoning with conference staff, designing marketing collateral, perfecting presentation delivery and organizing networking events with conference participants. After our last set of presentations this morning, I believe the class feels proud having started a new tradition.

With our new program director this year, IMD is working to leverage even more the resource it has being the global leader in executive education. This has meant more networking options for the class and more exposure to company leaders on continous basis. With just two weeks left until summer break we already have company presentations from leading industry, consulting and financia firms on campus. I know when we return in late July, that we will be well prepared for a more intensive job search.

Ashley
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
Tough Choices  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2014, 06:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Tough Choices
​We are all at a point where we are trying to narrow down choices
for the next phases of our lives, making tough choices on where we want to be
this time next year. I just watched a TedTalk on tough choices and how the
beauty of these choices is that they allow us to define who we are as
individuals.

This made me reflect on the many entries that I have written
on diversity in the class and how this has, at times, led to conflict, to
compromise and to growth. Combining my previous line of thought with the idea
that tough choices define who we are, it made me think that in the end we are
all only so diverse as a group of 90 can be whom have all made the tough choice
to come to IMD.

Perhaps, our conflicts have not simply been a measure of our
differences, but also of our similarities. Furthermore, it is possible that the
similarity which we each share having made the individual choice to each be at
IMD this year is just as powerful a component of who we are compared to any
other experience of difference that we have experienced this year.​
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2014, 23:14
:roll: Officially 3 weeks are over for R3

has any one heard from IMD yet?
Director
Director
Photo Blog: Life after Module II exams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 06:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Photo Blog: Life after Module II exams
We have survived both Module I and Module II exam periods! We are now looking at what is happening outside of the bubble, as well as having exposure at the OWP conference.​

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-01-2014
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 07:10
notamaybe wrote:

Guys, I know how much the wait is killing.
I can share the application timeline for me and other folks I know:
Call for assessment day: between 3 weeks and 5 weeks
Final answer post assessment day: 10 days max

keep us posted
Good luck!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 08:35
notamaybe wrote:

Just got the call tonight, scheduled the interview on 24th Aug. in Singapore. Anyone on the same day?
They are still sending the invitation, good luck to R3 buddies.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '16 (S)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 09:20
Congrats for the call Arthurjxz!

Could you please share your profile?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 13:00
max82 wrote:
notamaybe wrote:

Guys, I know how much the wait is killing.
I can share the application timeline for me and other folks I know:
Call for assessment day: between 3 weeks and 5 weeks
Final answer post assessment day: 10 days max

keep us posted
Good luck!!!

Kudos to you ! for keeping in touch post admissions.
not only the wait is painful, but silence is much more worse, some how year on year people are getting engrossed into devices or becoming more lazy :roll:
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2014, 13:16
Arthurjxz wrote:
notamaybe wrote:

Just got the call tonight, scheduled the interview on 24th Aug. in Singapore. Anyone on the same day?
They are still sending the invitation, good luck to R3 buddies.

Congrats, wish you good luck in August ,
what is your profile?
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 00:50
Hi All,

Glad to see some movement in the group. I attended the info session in Dubai lat week with few alumnis. Their words were quite encouraging and motivating. I would like to summarize their point of view about the admission process for your understanding:

- The adcom will evaluate all the parameters equally than dinging one by focussing only on his/her nationality, GMAT score, area of expertise etc.
- The school is looking for leadership potential, not for super strong management experience.
- IMD's assessment is quite different from that of other B-schools. So, just be yourself and tell your strory effectively. Any false statements in your application will be exposed later.
- Team playing ability is a crucial factor in deciding an applicant's acceptance decision to adcom. Being shy and oversmart on the assessment day will simply go against each applicants irrespective of his/her leadership potential, international exposure and career accomplishments.
- Develop an understanding about how to solve business cases. Ther will be two cases to be solved and presented (alone & gropu) on the assessment day.

Hope thses will help you guys. Waiting for that "very special " call from IMD.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 04:23
Rizz wrote:
Hi All,

Glad to see some movement in the group. I attended the info session in Dubai lat week with few alumnis. Their words were quite encouraging and motivating. I would like to summarize their point of view about the admission process for your understanding:

- The adcom will evaluate all the parameters equally than dinging one by focussing only on his/her nationality, GMAT score, area of expertise etc.
- The school is looking for leadership potential, not for super strong management experience.
- IMD's assessment is quite different from that of other B-schools. So, just be yourself and tell your strory effectively. Any false statements in your application will be exposed later.
- Team playing ability is a crucial factor in deciding an applicant's acceptance decision to adcom. Being shy and oversmart on the assessment day will simply go against each applicants irrespective of his/her leadership potential, international exposure and career accomplishments.
- Develop an understanding about how to solve business cases. Ther will be two cases to be solved and presented (alone & gropu) on the assessment day.

Hope thses will help you guys. Waiting for that "very special " call from IMD.

two cents worth of words from my side,
one of the Alumni told me that he asked IMD to distribute his contact email to other participants to meet up before the assessment day.
this will help the group ease into group sessions.
Director
Director
Third Entry in the Economist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 05:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Third Entry in the Economist
​Follow the link to an article in the Economist about IMD's Leadership Stream:

http://www.economist.com/whichmba/mba-diary-know-thyself​

Ashley
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 05:55
Guys, anyone knows when IMD release the employment report for 2013 grads? INSEAD released its statistics last week!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 09:58
abhid1984 wrote:
Congrats for the call Arthurjxz!

Could you please share your profile?

GMAT 680
Male from China, total 7 years sales and marketing exp in food ingredient segment with 1 year oversea assignment in South East Asia.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2014, 01:42
mbaoneyear wrote:
Guys, anyone knows when IMD release the employment report for 2013 grads? INSEAD released its statistics last week!

asking this question to the forum ask imd admissions would help. http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-imd-admissions-116514.html
Director
Director
photo blog: OWP and MBA students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2014, 15:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: photo blog: OWP and MBA students
Here some pictures of MBA students and their contribution to OWP program!

ImageImage

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2014, 05:54
Hey people

Got a call today from IMD. Assessment Day on August 23 in Singapore. People going to Singapore in August, please share your details. See you there...
Director
Director
Summer beckons  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Summer beckons
Summer break is so close we can almost smell it. After a grueling
but extremely rewarding first half of the program, the whole class seems ready
for a (real) vacation. One more day of group work tomorrow, one last session
with my PDE analyst this weekend, an end-of-module class bonding trip to France,
and voila! Off we go on our summer breaks!

It is funny how the pace and structure of the year has had
so much impact on my life. Early on the program was very structured, and so was
I. It was a struggle at first for me to get organized and stay on top of the
coursework. After a couple of weeks of dealing with the heavy workload, I
started to get the hang of it, and really maximize every minute of each day.
Once classes wrapped up, suddenly we found ourselves in a totally unstructured
environment, where I had significant assignments to take care of, but no
directions on how to go about them, and now I feel much more disorganized.

My classmates have some very nice summer plans lined up,
with lots of travel to exotic places. Many of them organized trips to their
home countries, offering themselves as tour guides. I am sure there will be some great stories when we are all back together at the end of July. For me, I am just excited
to spend some quality time with my family and catch up on some sleep!

Marcelo
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2014, 23:43
shimonti wrote:
Hey people

Got a call today from IMD. Assessment Day on August 23 in Singapore. People going to Singapore in August, please share your details. See you there...

Congrats! good luck in august
GMAT Club Bot
IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16   [#permalink] 26 Jun 2014, 23:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership