GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Jan 2020, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
The innovation challenge  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: The innovation challenge
​Yesterday, for the first time since the outdoor weekend, we
actually got to do some real work and get our hands dirty. For once, no case
discussions or reading assignments, we had to actually make a real product! It
was all part of our innovation challenge, one of the more fun assignments we’ve
had so far.

Without spilling too many details, we were tasked with
building a prototype of a product based on a real company and a real scenario.
We had a few specific requirements and specifications, it was up to us to come
up with the most innovative design. Equally important – we also had to put
together a three-minute sales pitch to convince the class and the judges that
ours was the best product.

We had a productive morning session, where each team
summarized a different technique used in the innovation process. Then after
lunch, the teams went down to the dungeon, excited to start innovating. Some
teams even decided to leave campus to try to get a different perspective and
come up with fresh thinking. Fast forward to midnight, and most teams were
still around trying to finish their prototypes. Some teams were here as late as
3am, apparently!

Still, everyone was here bright and early in the morning. We
all presented our final products in the main IMD auditorium (which we will
probably only see again when we graduate). It was an event filled with laughs
and friendly banter. I was thoroughly impressed with all the great ideas and
great designs each team came up with. It was also very cool to see how each
team approached the problem from such a different perspective, and it really
showed in their final product.

Next week we have another big integrative exercise lined up.
Should be a fun and memorable experience, I just hope it won’t keep us here
until the wee hours of the night once again!

Marcelo
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Presentation of DREAM project by Community of St Egidio  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Presentation of DREAM project by Community of St Egidio
​Tuesday afternoon two representative of Community of St Egidio come to
IMD to present the DREAM project. Dream, the acronym for Drug Resource
Enhancement against AIDS and Malnutrition, is a program based on a holistic
approach of treating AIDS (www.santegidio.org).
We talked about talk about Africa, peace keeping activities, AIDS treatment and
drugs financing, empowerment of women. Hot topics for future
global leaders!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Real world, real product  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Real world, real product
​Innovation challenge. These two words were key for our last days. Prior yesterday we did not know anything about it. But it turned out, that we had to develop a real prototype for a real product within less than 24 hours.

At first sight it did not seemed to be an extreme thing, but already during the brainstorming phase we realised, that we have a lot ideas, which we thought to be exclusive and hard to combine. Fortunately thanks to the cooperative approach and the secret engineering talents of the group, we could build in most of our ideas and even develop a really cool product. Yesterday we had a long night, as the „production phase” became much longer, than planned, but with a lot of cooperation (and music) it became a great fun.

Today morning it was amazing to see the creative ideas from the different groups, and how different solutions came out from the 15 “innovation centers” to address the same issues. I’m sure the photo bloggers will share some nice pictures about this great event.

András
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Two more week in Module 2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Two more week in Module 2
​We have two more weeks in Module 2 and it will come to an end with some sort of Integrative Exercise and of course, finals.

The past 2 months have gone by quite quickly, yet we are all anxious for the next module to begin. We are feeling sad that these will be the final weeks of us all sitting together in the Lorange auditorium, as we will more on to the Discovery Trip, ICPs, personal projects and electives. I already feel nostalgic for the first half of the program. It all flew by. As I reflect on the past 5 months, it is hard to imagine that it even happened. It is quite an experience how the change in module coincides with the change in seasons, and I see how the ambiance is par for the course. In the dark winters, we spend our time in the dungeons doing deep collaboration and intensive studying. Now that it is spring, and light after 9pm, we have various class engagements, networking, guest speakers and more creative classes. It is difficult to discern whether it is simply the change in weather, or a greater change in mindset, but I feel enlightened and inspired.

Ashley Silver
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Mid May Innovation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2014, 01:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Mid May Innovation
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Eagerly awaited decisions…  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2014, 03:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Eagerly awaited decisions…
​Over the last few weeks, we have been talking more and more
about the Discovery Expedition and the International Consulting Projects. We
were finally asked to submit our top choices last week – a very important
decision indeed!

For the Discovery trips, we were presented with the agenda
for each of the three locations (Singapore, São Paulo and New York), including
the companies we will visit and the people we will meet. The program for all
three destinations looks very attractive, so it was a tough decision to make! I
ultimately listed Singapore as my first choice, since I figured it would be the
most unique and exotic destination for me.

For the ICPs, there was a nice spread of industries and
companies. From cement to healthcare to consumer products, hopefully there will
be something for everyone. As far as the projects, there was also a good mix of
strategy, operations and marketing in many different contexts. I actually liked
the sound of most of the projects, and I ended up picking the ones closest to
my career interests (which I think this is the approach most of the class took). We’ll see how it turns out!

The IMD staff has been working on allocating the discovery trips
and the consulting projects… and the class is eagerly awaiting the results. What we learn will really shape the second half of our year, so hopefully we
will find out soon!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
​Guests and decisions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2014, 16:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ​Guests and decisions
Today we had a very crowded day (again). First we had a guest speaker, Jean-Claude Biver, the iconic manager from the Swiss watch making industry. Seeing his energy, passion and out-of-the box thinking, we could understand, how he could revitalize and transform brands like Omega or Hublot, and how his team could give five top managers to the Swiss watch industry. His style was far from the general, politically correct style, but we will remember his presentation, that’s sure.

In the afternoon we had an innovation simulation exercise, which was again a great challenge, and I could again enjoy my team’s cooperation abilities, which resulted in a nice champagne for us.

After the „official part” of the day, we had another guest speaker, Constantinos Tsolakas, Head of Corporate Controlling and Planning of ABB. Although there could be hardly bigger contrast in presentation and management style between him and our guest in the morning, Constantinos also made a very interesting presentation, during which we could feel the full professionalism in all his words.

And at the end of the day, we finally received the decisions about the ICP (International Consulting Project) teams, discovery trip destinations and Navigating the Future Conference topics. I’m sure you will hear a lot about these topics in the future.

András
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Integrated Exercise and Exams?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2014, 22:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Integrated Exercise and Exams?
​So this past week we had another Integrated Exercise... though very different from the first. It was a bit lighter and more fun as we all fought in exhaustion to get the top ranking. We were restricted from working through the night due to the fact that we have exams this week which mark the end of Module 2.

I am really happy to moving on to Module 3 because that means Discovery Expedition, ICP and personal projects! Before that, we will participate in some of IMD's large executive events. I will be giving a presentation on the future of agricultre, which I am looking forward to learning more about. 

I will be going to Singapore for the Discovery Expedition and working with a pharmaceutical company between Switzerland and Africa for the ICP. For my personal project I am considering focusing on something in the energy sector to round out my interests in health, agriculture and energy.

I just need to stay focused and study for one more week!

Ashley Silver
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
​After classes prior exams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2014, 03:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ​After classes prior exams
As module 2 is coming to the end, "only" the exams remained. We have „only” three, but it is maybe even harder than in the first exam period, as I feel myself more tired, and it is much harder to concentrate (maybe the beautiful weather has also some role...).

During our last three weeks we had three integrative exercises. Sometimes they were called differently, but the meaning was to use everything what we have studied during the past months. These were very intensive experiences with many interactions with other groups. M&A was great, because we could try a negotiation situation of a very complex deal. The innovation challenge was great fun. We developed not only a product, but even enjoyed the „party” in the dungeon by introducing also the pop cultures of the different countries represented in the team. The last one was about developing a new company in a market full of „exceptionals”, who wanted to gain the same market share. Finally we could have a real market simulation, where we should understand human nature, not a computer algorythm. And the most important advice from these days: never underestimate the opportunity of surprising moves from your competitors!

András
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2014, 21:44
Application submitted...fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2014, 22:39
Why this forum is so silent???

No one has sent the application during R3???

Come on guyz, let's discuss about our experiences and build a realtionship which may help us during the program next year :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '16 (S)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2014, 11:56
Rizz wrote:
Why this forum is so silent???

No one has sent the application during R3???

Come on guyz, let's discuss about our experiences and build a realtionship which may help us during the program next year :-D :-D :-D

Good idea :lol:

I submitted my R3 application on 29th May. Got an email the next day saying that the application is complete.

Any ideas when do they start sending intw calls?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2014, 06:10
I submitted the application on the last day...Got confirmation from IMD on June 5th ...

The school has said that it will take minimum of 3-6 weeks to evaluate each applications...

Hopefully, we will get the confirmation from IMD by early next month...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Open cellars after the exams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Open cellars after the exams
​On Friday with the Marketing exam we finished the second exam period. Hopefully everybody was successful, and nobody should bother about the retakes in the middle of the vacation. We celebrated this with our Brazilian friends on Friday evening with a „Brazil meets Europe” dinner at first, which was an amazing start of a weekend without any project work or studies, the first two days off after some intense months.

Yesterday we took our „wine passports” for a local event of „Open Cellars”, and spent the whole afternoon walking around Lavaux area’s vineyards, enjoying the tasty, mainly fruity wines of the region along with the magnificient view from the hills down to the lake, and our free time without any readings, cases or exams.

At the end of the day our class’ Social Committee organized a costume party, where everybody should have dressed-up according to his/her dream jobs. Although we had limited time after the exams, some classmates showed their very creative face, and we enjoyed a lot to find out some „out-of-the box” costumes. My favorite in this category was the „Cloud”.

András
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Photo Blog:Sigma Challenge  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2014, 15:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Photo Blog:Sigma Challenge

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Entering Module 3  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 04:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Entering Module 3
​After our second set of final exams last week the MBAs
enjoyed a phenomenal weekend around Switzerland. Following our last exam on
Friday, we had a program brunch and then headed to Lac Leman for an afternoon
of swimming, football and relaxation. We were happy that the timing of exams
coincided perfectly with the “Caves Ouvertes”, or open wine cellar weekend
around the lake. During this time about 20 of us headed to the surrounding
vineyards to taste Swiss wines and enjoy the scenery. The day ended with an MBA
costume party. Sunday we were off again to bask in the sun at nearby hot
springs as we reflected on what a great “vacation” we were having with a real
weekend.

We are back in full swing this week with workshops on career
strategies, preparation for the ICP and upcoming involvement in IMD’s executive
program, Orchestrating Winning Performance or OWP. I am happy to be in Module
3, which has a very different feel from the 8 hours of lecture each day.
Reflecting on the past 6 months I am amazed at how much I was able to learn and
feel ready to apply these skills to our consulting projects coming up.​
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 14:20
anyone have an idea on why the delay in releasing the Employment report of class 2013?!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Photo blog: After-exam brunch  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Photo blog: After-exam brunch
After finishing our last exam IMD organized a nice brunch; time to relax, enjoy the sun and to enjoy the fact that (for now) a period of hard work is over.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Message from Pasha  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2014, 00:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Message from Pasha
Pasha, my friend and classmate asked me to share his thoughts with the readers of the blog:

Monday June 2nd was a fateful day in my life; a powerful sandstorm swept across Tehran and claimed four lives, one of them was my dearest friend Reza... I was in preparation for the final exams along with other classmates that evening when I received the terrible news.

While this was a crushing event, in the next 48 hours, I experienced something spectacular that solidified the power of IMD MBA class for me; many of my colleagues lined up to take care of me despite the fact that each had their own worries for upcoming exams. They never left my side for the next two days, at home or at IMD. Though this wasn't the first time I had witnessed the harmony and friendship amongst my cohort, it was inspiring to experience so much compassion.

I said goodbye to my dear friend last night in Tehran and am on the way back home. I am not sure what I would have done if it weren’t for my friends in the class who gave me the courage and strength to stand up and face the reality! I am forever grateful to this group.

Special thanks to Lara, Alarico, Fay, Anna-Julia, Bernardo, Florian, Francis, Gillian, Jack, Lola, and others for their unconditional support!

Pasha
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
World Cup at IMD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2014, 08:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: World Cup at IMD
​Just as career services is starting to crank things up, with
company presentations starting soon, we have a major distraction dangling in
front of our eyes: the World Cup! Personally I haven’t been able to get as
pumped up for it as I normally would – probably as a consequence of all the
work IMD has thrown my way… but today there’s no turning around. I am counting
the minutes!

One of my classmates has worked out that out of the 48
first-round matches, 42 of them have at least one nationality represented in our class, and 12 of them have both. So it should be a fun time to be at IMD, lots of
banter and friendly trash talking.

We will kick off with a massive game-watching party hosted
by the Brazilians, with free-flowing capirinhas and everything. We're expecting
up to 100 people to come, so it might get a little crazy in the auditorium
tonight. And now, may the best team win (as long as the best team is Brazil!)!

Marcelo
GMAT Club Bot
World Cup at IMD   [#permalink] 12 Jun 2014, 08:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership