GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Jan 2020, 09:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2014, 23:30
nothing so far :(
[Photoblog] Gruyeree  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2014, 15:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: [Photoblog] Gruyeree
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Internet of Everything - Innovation session with Cisco  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2014, 15:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Internet of Everything - Innovation session with Cisco

​Today we had a really special occasion, as we had the first „Cisco session” as part of our Innovation Course. It is amazing, that we have the opportunity to understand, how top managers from Cisco are thinking about the future of the world. Yes, it is really about the future of the whole world, as the Internet of Everything (when really everything from a thermostat to a roaster can have access to the internet) will fully reshape our future life, therefore everybody has to reshape his or her thinking about the future of business models, company operations and customer choices. We have also spoken about concerns regarding these new technological solutions, and what can be their potential risks and opportunities in different industries.

Fortunately this was only the first session, and tomorrow we will continue the joint work with hopefully even more insights into the development ideas of a technology giant.

András
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 03:33
I hear that calls will definitely start going out from tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '16

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 04:06
thanks a lot
Attachments

FingersCrossed.jpg
FingersCrossed.jpg [ 5.12 KiB | Viewed 5393 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Career services slowly ramping up...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Career services slowly ramping up...
​We’re now well into May, and slowly the career services and
job search are starting to gain a bigger place in everyone’s minds. We hear it
again and again: it’s never too early to start! Actually, every time we get a
new the perspective from alums, the trend is the same. The MBAs who were most
successful in their job search started it very early, and dedicated some
serious time and effort to the process.

By those standards, I’m already a bit behind! I’ve been
focusing on really narrowing down my interests so I can be targeted in my
search. But right now I still have many potential areas of interest to weed out.
Simple as it sounds, the best way to really get to know about a company or
about a job function is by talking to people who do the job you want in the
company you want. So I’ve got some digging to do in the IMD alumni directory so
I can ramp up those phone calls.

In the meantime, it’s probably a good thing for the job
search anxiety to start building up… hopefully it will create an added sense of
urgency and force me to make time. But with so much reading to do each night and
so many assignments to juggle, it’s hard not to get bogged down on the daily
IMD grind!

Marcelo
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 14:11
dinged ! all the best to those who got the invites.
Recharging the batteries  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2014, 13:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Recharging the batteries
​Last week was really demanding for me, as we had a lot of readings, materials to submit and many optional presentations during the evenings (which were actually very interesting and/or useful), so I run out of my energy at Friday evening. Fortunately the weekend came, and I had some opportunity to recharge my batteries.

On Saturday I used the sunshine in the morning to run at the lake, which was a great revitalizer at the beginning of the weekend. During the day we had group work, I met several classmates and we had a great presenter, Alexander Banz, who introduced the world of private equity and venture capital funds based on his own experiences.

Today we decided to believe in forecasts and despite the bad weather in the morning we went to take a walk around the vineyards in the Lavaux area near Lausanne. Fortunately the clouds went away and we could enjoy the amazing landscape and the sunshine during the second part of our trekking. At the end in Lutry we had some delicious hamburgers and not only due to the fact, that we had a nice walk prior that.

András
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2014, 21:14
dinged!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2014, 06:18
sorry to hear about the dings,
thank you for posting , surprisingly this year this forum has very few responses other than IMD's.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
The Social Side  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2014, 10:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: The Social Side
As the weather is wamring up and the days are getting longer, we have been enjoying more and more the social side of our MBA life. Though we still have long days and our second set of exams are just three weeks away, people are really feeling the push to enjoy the time that we have together.

The social activities are also not limited to our class. We have been having more opportunities to network with IMD alumni. Different alimni have come to the school to talk to the class about their job search experience and the results of the choices they made multiple years out. This week we will have a large networking event with many IMD alumni and HR representatives from a suite of IMD's largest recruiters. The events of the week will culminate with a class weekend trip to Milan where we plan to do some shopping and celebrating life.

Until next time-

Ashley Silver
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 08:01
is there anyone who has got a R2 call?
cud you pls post profile, when is the interview and where

cheers
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2014, 05:32
Hey guys, pardon the late reply..work was whooping my ass real bad... -___-

I was invited to attend Assessment Day...got a call on April 29th. Assessment Day is being held June 6th.

Is anyone else heading to Lausanne? R1 admits, could you kindly give us a brief run-through of your interview process.

Thanks a lot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Forays in Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 00:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Forays in Finance
​We are in the middle of another mini integrated exercise. After a day in huge dungeons and a joke played on us by our professor we even had time for drinks and dinner! .

We are all anticipating our discovery expedition and ICP. Eating at a fabulous Malaysian restaurant last night we all were dreaming of Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, one of the destinations for the discovery expedition.
We continue with our second day today and we have yet to hear exactly what the rules are and the decisions we will need to make and defend. Off I go to class to enjoy a few minutes of Nuno's musical foreshadowing before the work begins!​
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2014, 02:39
erm...hey guys?? Anyone around?...hmm..its kinda odd that the number of participants for the IMD thread has been progressively declining over the years....has anyone else been invited for Assessment Day??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
„Deal on tap”  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2014, 08:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: „Deal on tap”
​We had very intensive days with the finance exercise. I don’t want to share too much information, as it could limit the experience of the next classes, but I can say, that based on my personal past experiences, it was quite close to a real life situation. The best part of the whole story for me was, that we could work very well as a team. Although we were not from the same study groups, and we had a huge cultural diversity (one English-Brazilian, one Indian, one Italian, one Chinese and yes, one Hungarian) in the group, we could quickly setup the team, distributed the tasks, and we could work very efficiently. It was amazing, how much we have developed in teamwork during the past months and we could work without any issues despite the extreme time pressure.

Similar challenges will follow-up during the coming weeks, but I'm more optimistic after this experience, that we will be able to solve the issues together.

András

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Unusual happy end for the finance integrative exercise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2014, 10:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Unusual happy end for the finance integrative exercise
​After two days of intense negotiation, a happy end for the real case integrative finance exercise. Half of the class played the role of Anheuser-Bush, the other half InBev in 2008.Image
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
pharma cluster event!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2014, 05:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: pharma cluster event!

The pharma cluster invited Constanza
Zalba, MBA alumni of 2011, Corporate Strategy Manager at Galderma, to speak about corporate strategy in pharma industry. In the picture Andras, Sergey, Elisa, Xiaoding​, Florian  and Costanza on the left.

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 01:19
wow! not even a single post
cud any one post how many have been accepted in R1 and if any one has got call for R2
other than Rakave.

rakave wrote:
erm...hey guys?? Anyone around?...hmm..its kinda odd that the number of participants for the IMD thread has been progressively declining over the years....has anyone else been invited for Assessment Day??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2014, 05:33
notamaybe wrote:
wow! not even a single post
cud any one post how many have been accepted in R1 and if any one has got call for R2
other than Rakave.

rakave wrote:

why is that?!! does imd become less popular?! or what?! im interested in the school and need more info.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16   [#permalink] 23 May 2014, 05:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership