GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 11:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '16
IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 20:00
Hi,

I got a lot of help from this forum doing my gmat. so here is my story i am 27, i did a gmat once with about three days prep and scored 590 then i did another one 3 weeks later using all the amazing stuff here on the forum and few other things i scored 710 this time. here is my profile had successful start-up worked in different countries and different places trading to consulting and all... my gpa isn't great and did engineering in a top school also took a year off in the middle. I was very interested in doing an MBA program that is famous but the class is small so i chose IMD ( I lived in switzerland before but IMD isnt that famous at least in the German part) I did all this very last minute sent the application using a deadline extension on the 15th of sept swiss 0 hour and got the call for the interview on 22. Ill have my interview in few weeks and we will know how it went. Best of luck to u guys out there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 00:27
oneyearmba wrote:
It is fair to report the two side of the story: here is what an Insider from the school said: "Their Career Services Office has fallen apart over the last years with 3 out of 4 key people leaving IMD. They were mostly replaced by admin people with no career experience. Currently there is not even a Career Services Director - well technically there is but she is only in charge of coaching. Numbers have dropped significantly on all fronts, salary, % placed at graduation and at 3 months, number of companies on campus etc. MBAs have complained for 4 years straight but cost cutting seems more important to management. I don't think the current team understands standardized reporting so I would be careful trusting their data whether its 1 or 3 years. My advice: talk to recent alumni before you make a decision. and maybe look at the linked-in profiles of the career services group"

the issue is also being raised in another article: http://poetsandquants.com/2014/09/13/im ... ment-34409

Thanks for the info and link mate... (y)

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 07:37
Can any of the admitted members comment on how many seats are still available? Are we through with all the ADs or do we still have any left?

Any waitlisted candidates, any updates yet? I am beginning to lose hope/patience. Have a long holiday coming up next week and would really like to know the outcome either way before that...
Director
Director
​First ICP week - first impressions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ​First ICP week - first impressions
We started the ICPs (International Consulting Project) this week, after we finished the two weeks of on-campus recruitment with ups and downs and the 1st General Management Week with full success. The GMW was a new idea, which was initiated by our classmate, Diego, organized by more than 30 of us and visited by those who were not totally kicked out by the interviews done or totally crazy about  events coming on the next day. I really hope, that the 2015 class will continue this program, as it was a great initiative to have some insights about different industries.

Of course the huge insight collecting work just started with the ICP. My group went first to Milan, where we have visited the local team of our client company. Fortunately we enjoy the fantastic support from the European center and we had a very open and cooperative local team, so everything is given to deliver serious results and profitable solutions at the end of the project. The team worked really hardly to collect as many information and insights as possible during the more than 15 interviews we made. The data analysis is ahead of us, but that’s sure, that it is a very interesting „real world, real learning” project.

Fortunately Alarico has brought into the team not only his advisory experience, but also his knowledge of the restaurants and bars in Milan. We visited very nice places, tasted excellent wines and delicious cocktails, and we could forget a little bit the pressure of job search during the evenings.

Andras
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
Photo Blog - MBA sailing regatta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Photo Blog - MBA sailing regatta
Last weekend a group of us participated in the Rolex MBA sailing regatta in Italy. There were 21 top MBA courses participating from around the world including Harvard, LBS, Chicago, MIT, HEC, IE, IESE and the organisers SDA Bocconi. This meant that it was not only a huge amount of fun, but a great netowrking oppurtunity too.

The photos give a sense of the excitement there, but the atmosphere was truely electric. Over 100 MBAs, in the middle of an intensive year (or two)​, let loose with 44' yachts. Also the evening events were spectacular, bursting with great Italian food and wine set in margnificent monastries and temples along a spectacular coastline. Enjoy!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
ICP - I see more!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 22:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ICP - I see more!
​Today's entry comes from André, Bernardo, Aksel, Massimo and Pierre, who share a little bit about their ICP experience so far

---

ICP start has finally arrived.
Almost three months after a first meeting with the client’s key stakeholders,
as an introduction of what awaited us in these two months to come, we now get
to the point in the program when we spend all our time analyzing and solving
one of the most complex and strategic issues that our client, a global company
in the Water Utility business, faces at this point in time.

After over 50 years
of leadership in the market, developing and selling state of the art products,
the client now finds itself under pressure to innovate beyond product
characteristics. Challenged by fast technological development and replication,
and by competitive pressure from fast developing low cost economies, some of
its main competitors have already transformed and are now ahead in their
customer proposal. How to close the gap? What change in the offer should be
considered? Should our client simply follow the trend set by its competition or
disrupt the market with a new business model?

Transitioning from product to
solution, leveraging installed capabilities and playing the innovation piano
are just some of the concepts we learnt in classroom during the first semester
of the program and that we now have the opportunity to leverage throughout this
ICP journey. A lot of changes have already happened in our mind, following two
intense days of immersion course at the client’s facilities outside
Switzerland!

André, Bernardo, Aksel, Massimo and Pierre
Director
Director
Henri's assessment day host experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 04:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Henri's assessment day host experience
​Today's entry comes from Henri Liang, who had a chance to reminisce about his assessment day experience when he played host to a group of applicants this week. Thanks Henri!

---

The IMD MBA admission
process might be one of the strictest processes in the world; Some people have
to fly over 10 hours to come to Lausanne, to pursue their dream. The selection
process lasts a full day from 8am in the morning, to 4pm in the afternoon. In
addition to the application materials, the assessment day is an important
occasion for the candidates to demonstrate their qualities, skills, as well as
teamwork ability, in order to convince MBA Admission officers.

Last Tuesday lunch time, I
was volunteer to host a candidate who came from my original country; For me, it
was not the first time to host candidates, but it was always a pleasure to meet
people with different backgrounds, from different countries, and with different
motivations. After intensive interviews in the morning, lunch time was
definitely a good moment for them to relax themselves, to understand better the
school, and to ask questions which were still in their mind.

I still remember very well
my assessment day of last year; After a long nervous morning, during lunch
time, the host gave me lots of interview tips and information about the school,
which were proved to be extremely helpful for me to continue the day, and to
choose school after admission. So now, I tried to do the same for the
prospects, I hope my advice and encouragement to them were helpful as well, and
I wish all of them a good experience with IMD and a brilliant future wherever
they are !

Henri Liang

Best of luck to the applicants!
Director
Director
photo blog - 1st General Management Weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: photo blog - 1st General Management Weeks
This year at IMD we organized for the first time the The “1st General Management Weeks”.

This event hosted 20 senior executives in 13 panels to discuss different topics of general management. Companies such as Philip Morris, Givaudan, Nestle, Honeywell, among others, brought their perspectives to be integrated in the mindset of the IMD MBA candidates of 2014 class. The event was an event fully organized by the MBA Class of 2014. Here some pictures!

First day: Business and Corporate Development Panel. Guests:

-      Catherine Chapuis, Business Development Director, Premier Research.

-      Daniel Kubitza, Executive Director, UBS

-      Shai Sorek, VP of New Business Development, Brightstar

First day, second session: Leadership Engagement Panel. Guest:

-      Didier Marlier, Managing Partner, Enablers Network

Second day: Communication and Marketing Panel. Guest:

-      MC Casal, Relax in the Air,

Risk Management Panel. Guests:

•      Francisco Esteve, Head of Risk Management and Compliance, Nestle.

•      Alessandro Mauro, Head of Risk Management.

Director
Director
Fun in Finland!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2014, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Fun in Finland!
​Already within the first week our group traveled to Finland, the location of our ICP’s headquarter. As could be expected we had to adjust to the much cooler temperatures, as we had left Geneva at a pleasant 20 degrees Celsius and were welcomed by just 2 degrees Celsius at Helsinki airport. However, the weather was soon forgotten as we had to focus on three very intensive days during which we emerged into the depths of our client. We conducted 25 interviews, talking from C-suite executives such as the CEO and CFO to those employees working in the field such as sales managers to local operations management. Even though the days were very long and exhausting, the experience was immensely rewarding. For one, we got a immediately very good insights, which we would not have received if we had just conducted phone interviews. Secondly, our client is a long-standing family business and understanding the intricacies of such business was a completely new experience for all of us as we had all worked in larger corporations before. For example, there is strong legacy and a believe the that company founder’s ideals are the basis of conducting business. Thirdly, we collected dozens of pages of company and industry insights from the company, which we used already to create a state-of-the-company deliverable for our client.

Back in Lausanne, we used the second week to dig deeper into the desk research, where put into use the frameworks, which learned about in out economics and strategy classes. Our ICP coach has also  been an invaluable resource, guiding us in difficult moments and providing us with research material, which strengthens our conceptual understanding. Our current key focus is to prepare an industry analysis, which proves to be very difficult because of the highly specialized business of our client and secondly because we are reviewing seven diverse industries at the same time. So, in the last week we came to value the use of approximations and grouping as to not get bogged down with the detail numbers but focus on finding the insights and trends useful for our analysis. We plan to further strengthen our industry insights by visiting the company’s production facilities in France, where also our key presentation to the board of the company will take place. However, until then we still have some very intense days ahead of us​.
Director
Director
Madrid day 1: IMD in the semi-finals  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2014, 09:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Madrid day 1: IMD in the semi-finals
​As you can remember from earlier post, our football lovers decided to come to Madrid for the MBA tournament organized by IE. That's for sure, that we are the most football loving school, as 24 out of the 90 students registered as a player, and I'm almost sure, we have also the biggest support group.

Unfortunately our coach, Jack had to make an immediate change in our starting team, as Carmine became injured quickly at the first match against the first team of IE. Our hosts have taken the advantage and scored two goals in the first half. In the second half at 3 - 0, Paul scored a beautiful goal, which gave us some hope, but at the end IE won for 5 - 1. As a bad luck, also Diego had to finish the tournament earlier due to another injury.

During their second match, IE also won against LBS, but only for 3 - 1, therefore we had to "play to win" against LBS to be able to go to the semi-final (as we were also trained for that during our leadership sessions:-).

At the beginning we could put a very strong pressure on LBS, but after we missed several opportunities, LBS found a goal after a corner. As an even bigger problem, Pek has suffered a serious injury, fortunately in the hospital it was said to be a twisted knee not a more serious injury. After this moment the team played also for Pek, and André scored a goal during the first half.

The second half of the game was about the miracle goals of Anurag. First he scored after a corner, which meant, that we are ahead of LBS. They tried to push us strongly, but our defense was able to keep the ball away from the goal and even to start some counterattacks. From one of them Anurag has scored an amazingly big goal, which made it obvious, that we have beaten LBS and will play in the semi-final tomorrow.

Support us from distance at 11.15!

Andras

Director
Director
Madrid day 2: Unlucky IMD team  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2014, 08:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Madrid day 2: Unlucky IMD team
​On day two we played in the semifinal of the MBA football tournament against IESE. We knew from yesterday, that day are very fast with very good techniq, therefore we have chosen to play a stable defense with quick counterattacks. During the first half we could limit quite well the opportunities of IESE and had also some opportunities to score, but at the end we finished with 0 - 0.

During the second part we played again a quite balanced match, but after several huge saves of Francis, IESE could score a lucky goal. As we really wanted to score a goal quickly, we started to push hardly IESE, but we could not finish any opportunities successfully, and at the end IESE scored their second goal. There were no changes until the end, and they could play in the semi final against IE first team. It was a great match and a very nice development showed by the IMD team compared to our first game yesterday.

Thanks for all the supporters, who came with us or followed our story from distance!

András
Director
Director
Ethiopia!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2014, 11:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Ethiopia!!!
​Today's post is from Justin, who has been having an amazing experience with his ICP team in Ethiopia. Thanks Justin!

---

This year, our ICP team
consisting of five exceptional global leaders has been working on a project in
Ethiopia. We just returned from a two and a half week trip to Addis Ababa and
the rural areas of Bahir Dar and Gondar. It started of with some real excitement
- two stolen passports within one week, a trip to a gigantic festival called
Meskal and a stay at what some consider the best hotel in Africa! We
immediately started meeting NGO's, government officials, local people and
health workers. After a few days in Addis Ababa, we moved on to Bahir Dar where
we established relationships with local stakeholders, mapped out systems and
traveled into extremely rural areas to understand the life and the journey of
patients in the Ethiopian healthcare system.

We were told that each
day and each hospital visit would be an emotional roller-coaster. Instead, what
we found was an amazingly nice and friendly people who were generally very
happy despite the poor conditions and extreme poverty in which they lived. For us,
this trip was more than just project work, but instead a chance to bond with
each other and gain an understanding and respect for a culture and people that
are almost worlds away from what we are used to in Switzerland.

Despite our passport
difficulties, and thanks to the amazing support from those at IMD, the Swiss
Embassy and Canton, and the Ethiopian foreign ministry, we are happy to all be
back in Switzerland. Now we just need to work to synthesize what we learned on
the ground and develop a solid path forward within the tight ICP deadlines. Our
goal is to develop a plan that improves the lives of the Ethiopian population.
 What a life changing adventure for us all!

Justin

Director
Director
Creating Shared Value  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 13:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Creating Shared Value
​Last week I had the opportunity to attend the Creating
Shared Value conference, which was co-organized by Nestlé and the United
Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), and took place at the
Nestlé research facility just outside of Lausanne. It was a fantastic event,
attended by high-profile individuals including Didier Burkhalter, the President
of the Swiss Confederation. The overarching theme of the conference was “The
Changing role of Business in Society,” and three particular topics were
discussed in detail: food security, rural development and water scarcity.

Throughout the day, the message was that businesses like
Nestlé have the scale and the resources to play a crucial role in addressing
global challenges – but they cannot operate in a vacuum, and must work in
partnership with governments, NGOs and the community to achieve change. Taking
the initiative to promote sustainability does not necessarily have to mean a
loss of competitiveness for a business. Rather than a cost, sustainable initiatives
can mean improved living standards for local communities, and at the same new
markets, improved supply chains and lower risks for business: win-win.

That said, these issues are never clear-cut. For example, businesses
may not be willing to compromise on the safety of their employees, yet unsafe
regions are often the ones that would benefit the most from help from the private
sector in promoting development. There is room for much discourse on the best
approach for the public and private sectors to tackle these issues.

As an MBA student, it was a great honor to participate in
this event, and I was delighted to receive the invitation. I had the
opportunity to hear experts from the public and private sectors debating on
some pressing issues – not just for business, but for society as a whole. After
touching on these issues multiple times throughout the course of the MBA
program, I found it fascinating to hear the perspective of real world leaders
who are grappling with these issues daily.

So many thanks to Nestlé for the invitation! I hope to have
a chance to attend more events like this in the future.

Marcelo

The panels were extremely lively, insightful and spontaneous

President Burkhalter and Nestlé Chairman Peter Brabeck talked about the pressing issue of water scarcity
Director
Director
A New Season  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2014, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: A New Season
​Autumn has arrived to Lausanne and is holding out in orange leaves and unusually warm weather. It seems as though the year does not quite ready to progress, an intention that I can relate to.

Nostalgia seems to always breed a bit of melancholy, and as I get ready to sign the offer and begin contemplating the next step in my life, I reflect on a year which has seemed to have gone by in a flash, yet lasted a lifetime.

I thought about doing an MBA for years, carefully selecting and planning why I wanted it, where I would go and how I would pay. The three year lead up to a one year experience allowed everything to come together seemlessly, though it was a lengthy preparation period that most opportunities in life do not afford. Once here, there were so many things I could not have prepared myself for, so many wonderful things.

As autumn erks out its final weeks and winter makes it biting entrance it will be both a demonstration of how we have come full circle, but also arrived to the challenge of transition more prepared and familiar with the single fact of life- change.
Director
Director
At the forefront of technology  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 07:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: At the forefront of technology
​Today's entry is from Derek, who is sharing his team's ICP experience at a leading IT company. Thanks Derek!

---

Our
ICP with a large and well-established IT company has brought five MBA students
to the very frontier of technological advance in the computing world. With a
major shift towards cloud computing currently under way, the strategic moves of
established players and new market-entrants in these formative years of the
cloud computing industry will determine the winners and losers for a generation.

With
a focus on new forms of strategic partnerships with Open Source Software
communities and the creation of various scenarios for the development of the
cloud, the ICP team is working hard to produce fresh insights into a rapidly
evolving and dynamic industry.

In
creating strategic recommendations that will make a difference over the short-,
medium- and long-term in a highly uncertain environment, the ICP team is
drawing on lessons from our Strategy, Innovation and Economics classes, as well
as our experience from our Start-up and Navigating the Future projects.

The
development of the cloud industry represents both a major challenge and
opportunity for our ICP client, and the MBAs are enjoying the chance to apply
their collective brain power in helping to shape the client’s strategy in this
emerging industry.

Derek
Director
Director
Team 4's ICP experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 01:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Team 4's ICP experience
​Today's post comes from Darshana and her ICP team, describing their project experience so far. Thanks guys!

---

We are half-way through with our ICP and
it has been a very interesting experience. Our client, a leading provider of
software and services, is looking at leveraging its existing and possibly new
data to create new business opportunities for both itself and its customers.
While we had a brief introduction to the project before we started the project,
the last few weeks have been a revelation on the complex process of creating an
opportunity out of big data and the monetisation of these ideas.

We are a group of 5 individuals with
very diverse backgrounds and like every other group projects that we have done
at IMD - It is very interesting to see the different insights that are brought
forward by this diverse group. So while the members with information technology
background would vet the ideas based on technical complexity, members with
industry experience would have insights on the current and future trends, the
customer experience and market opportunity of an idea.

We have also had the opportunity to work
closely and observe out clients operations in one specific geography – in this
case Germany. We have had the unique opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of
our client and observing the everyday lives of people in the heart of Germany.
Needless to say, we are big fans of German food and drinks ;)

The next steps in the project would also
be very interesting – now that we have  in-depth knowledge of the industry
and the customer expectations - we would be able to contribute to the
development of the business strategy for the business for the next few years.

Darshana, Henri, Genadi, Christiaan and
Anurag

Director
Director
ICP in the construction business  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2014, 07:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ICP in the construction business
​Today you can read the insights of Ahmed about his ICP:

This is already the sixth week of our ICP! How time flies!

In our ICP we are supporting our client, who is a large international company working in the constructions industry, in making a major move from being a product focused company to being a customer focused one.

This is an amazing experience; we are supporting them on developing a program for customer value management that will then be rolled out to all their operating companies around the world. In doing this we had to use extensively lots of the concepts and tools that we have learnt at IMD; from how to craft a compelling value proposition to how to drive change within an organization, and believe me, driving a change within this huge organization is nothing but an easy task!

To understand the business and to capture best practices, we have conducted a number of interviews that I could not count any more, from executives in the head office, to commercial directors from OpCos around the world, to people in the front line. We have travelled to Vienna and to the UK, and next week some of us are heading to Casablanca to meet with people from different operational companies!

The coming two weeks will be very busy weeks, now after doing this amount of data gathering and analysis it is time to put everything together and consolidate the results. For the people traveling to Casablanca, this would be only one week, as the visit is to validate their findings.

Although, we have been busy in the past five weeks, and we will be busier in the coming two weeks, we still had the time to enjoy dinners at the nice restaurants of this small town far away from our beloved city of Lausanne. Oh, I forgot to tell you that for the seven weeks we are working from our client’s premises far away from Lausanne!  

Ahmed ElShorabgy
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2014, 12:28
can anyone comment on this strange event at IMD? sound like there is a serious problem in the program.

http://poetsandquants.com/2014/10/30/mo ... a-program/
Director
Director
The final countdown  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2014, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: The final countdown
​One month from now I will be heading to the airport for my final departure from IMD. The year has gone by in a flash yet seemed to hold the experiences of a lifetime.

This final month the pace is different. We try to hold on to each moment and are taking our time.

The ICP ended last week and I am returning with a colleague to give a follow-up presentation to senior management, as our findings were well regarded. This week we begin a short-course on ethics and next week we begin new electives. I am convinced that leaving here will come as a huge shock to me. But, you can't be a student forever and it will be great to move on to the next step in my life and career. I look forward to seeing my family over the holidays, paying a visit to my previous home in Uganda and making the move to my new home in Syndey!
Director
Director
ICP is only a memory now  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2014, 14:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: ICP is only a memory now
​As you could read in the previous post of Ashley, ICPs are over, and we have a little bit less pressure on us. Please read, how Anna, Bea, Carmine, Nan and Thorsten has enjoyed this experience when they were prior their final presentation:

We just came out of a two-day intensive workshop in the U.S. for our client, a multibillion-dollar MNC, on the areas of future focus for their health and nutrition products. As you can see from the picture below, we really enjoyed our “Real Life, Real Learning” visit to the client’s site.

With only ten days away from the finishing line of the ICP project, we thought it is worth summarizing our learnings through the process:

·         Client relationship management matters: We adapted well to the client expectations, including staying in touch with the client throughout the summer even though the project only officially started on September 22.

·         Be flexible and adaptable:

o    We recognize everyone has different commitment to make for job search, and we have been extremely supportive and flexible. The person who needs to be away also puts the team first, for instance, s/he will send back documents from the train to job interviews and will dial in from a different city or country to join our conference call with client.

o    Each member happily took up a role that is needed by the team, even if it means something one is not used to do. For example, one of us took the role of logistics manager despite his background is in M&A consulting.

·         Utilize everything we learned this year! In many ways we have an unorthodox project and we managed to use a lot of the things we have learned during our MBA, be it frameworks or soft skills. For instance, we used the Industry Analysis framework we learned back in January to analyse our client’s business system and developed recommendations; we reflected upon the cases we used in marketing and innovation classes to draw best practices examples; the presentation skills we have developed helped us facilitate meetings and workshops with client executives.

·         Last but not least, quality is the key: The materials we prepared for our client were well thought out, reflecting effective data utilization, good analysis and strong synthesis. We received very positive feedback from our client about the high standard in everything we do.

We really enjoyed working in this great team and are looking forward to getting ready for our final deliverable.

Anna, Beatriz, Carmine, Nan and Thorsten

GMAT Club Bot
ICP is only a memory now   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2014, 14:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

IMD Calling all applicants Class of 2015-16

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership