Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
Ditto. I live 2 miles from Fuqua and I haven't received mine yet!

I can't wait for it though. Something about seeing the hard copy with my name on it seems so much more satisfying than an e-mail!

I agree with giving it until the end of next week before calling the admissions office.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
kk.iyer wrote:
Have you received the admissions packet yet?
I was advised by the adcom to wait and watch, and if mine didn't come in they'd send me another.
I dunno till when to wait before making that call..hence the question

dosa_don wrote:
kk- i just checked my online status letter and my address is complete, including the apartment number.

Actually, I just realized that the address on my acceptance letter is my old Portland, OR address, so my admission packet has to travel all the way to Portland and back to Durham! I won't see mine for a while.

I'll have to live vicariously through the other GMAT Clubbers until I get mine. For those of you who have gotten yours already - is it everything you thought it could be???

P.S. Duke advances in the ACC tournament. Woohoo!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Alright I got mine this evening (Orange County, CA)
Interesting list of things to do before one enrolls....especially for internationals.

skaballet wrote:
I only recieved mine yesterday and I live about 4 hrs driving time from Duke. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. If you don't have it by the end of next week I would give them a call.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Hey, Joey. I don't know if they give out more money as others drop out, but I know that students at a variety of schools have been successful at getting more dough.

joey wrote:
Hey Aau
do u know if the incoming students are given scholarships after they start??
( because i know quite a few ppl who would not be choosing Duke even though they got some money from the school)
$150K debt in these recession days is quite a nerve wracking thought :(
hence I was wondering if you could provide some insight into the scholarship situtation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I'm interested in finding out about the possibility of extending my response deadline to Duke. I'm an international R1 applicant and I have a deadline of Apr 15 to accept admission offer and scholarship (50% tuition). I want to extend this a few weeks (ideally to early May). Does anyone have any experience with requesting deadline extensions or suggestions for approaching adcom? I'm not familiar with the process for this and am wondering whether there are any success stories out there and how long of an extension is considered reasonable. Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
TJ wrote:
I'm interested in finding out about the possibility of extending my response deadline to Duke. I'm an international R1 applicant and I have a deadline of Apr 15 to accept admission offer and scholarship (50% tuition). I want to extend this a few weeks (ideally to early May). Does anyone have any experience with requesting deadline extensions or suggestions for approaching adcom? I'm not familiar with the process for this and am wondering whether there are any success stories out there and how long of an extension is considered reasonable. Thanks!

I will ask Kellogg about the extension and let you know what answer I will get. I am still deciding between Kellogg, Duke and UNC, so I would appreciate a little more time to make a decisions that I am confident at!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey, BDWers....the weekend is nearly upon us!

I was looking at the schedule, and it's pretty booked. But I see a few options:

Friday
3 to 6pm (your alternative is optional activities: campus tour, trail run, soccer, golf range)
After 9:30 (discover Durham - the big Brightleaf area pub crawl - is what's scheduled. But we could meet up somewhere quiet for an early drink before you all get crazy with other 10-ers)

Saturday
4 to 6:30 (optional activities: campus tour, trail run, driving range, video games, tennis, student life tables)

Sunday
almost anytime (optional activities: apt tour, real estate talk, baseball game, getting on the road)

I'm open at these times (though I may end up hosting the baseball game on Sunday), so am pretty flexible.

Can you all weigh in? If you're interested in a GMATclub Get-Together, let your voice be heard!

cheers
aau
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
Friday
3 to 6pm (your alternative is optional activities: campus tour, trail run, soccer, golf range)
After 9:30 (discover Durham - the big Brightleaf area pub crawl - is what's scheduled. But we could meet up somewhere quiet for an early drink before you all get crazy with other 10-ers)

Aau - I'd definitely be interested in meeting up before the pub crawl. I have to work until 8pm on Friday, so an early drink is the first thing I could be at that night. Anyone else down?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
For any Duke admits living in Durham right now:

A group of us are meeting tonight (3/20) at 6:00pm at Tyler's - come on down if you're in the area!

We also may be doing the same thing next Wednesday for people who can't make it tonight, but I'll keep everyone informed.

See you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi aau,
Just booked my ticket to BDW yesterday! I can make either of the times on Fri or Sat (early flight on Sun).
Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Aau,
Friday night or Saturday work for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I'm pretty open, but Friday or Saturday night sound good.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
I am good with either friday or saturday night.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Duke admits:

We will be meeting up again at Tyler's in Durham this Wednesday (3/26) at 6pm for beer and conversation! Last week we hung around until about 9pm, so stop by anytime if you're interested in meeting your future classmates.

We also had some good discussions surrounding decisions between multiple school admits, so if you're in that boat this is a great chance to hear more opinions.

I look forward to meeting new Fuquans!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Okay, let's do our GMATClub geek-out on Friday at 9:30pm. We can have a drink or two and then join the official action of the Pub Crawl.

Logistics:

The Discover Durham Pub Crawl will be in the Brightleaf area, including about a half-dozen bars and starting at 9:30.

The bus will leave Fuqua at about 9:30 and drop you off at Brightleaf Square shortly thereafter.

Voice Your Choice:

1. Meet at Alivia's, a chill place that's pretty big and an official part of the Pub Crawl. Could be crowded.

2. Meet at a bar on 9th St - about 1.5 miles from Brightleaf. This only works if you're planning to drive. Unlikely to be crowded.

3. Meet at Bull McCabe's, 1/3 mile from Brightleaf, just down Main St a few blocks. Not part of Pub Crawl. Easy walk from bus stop. Unlikely to be crowded.

I'm down with whatever, but would probably recommend option 3 or 1. You all just let me know what and I will be your fabulous host for the evening.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V44
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
Okay, let's do our GMATClub geek-out on Friday at 9:30pm. We can have a drink or two and then join the official action of the Pub Crawl.

Logistics:

The Discover Durham Pub Crawl will be in the Brightleaf area, including about a half-dozen bars and starting at 9:30.

The bus will leave Fuqua at about 9:30 and drop you off at Brightleaf Square shortly thereafter.

Voice Your Choice:

1. Meet at Alivia's, a chill place that's pretty big and an official part of the Pub Crawl. Could be crowded.

2. Meet at a bar on 9th St - about 1.5 miles from Brightleaf. This only works if you're planning to drive. Unlikely to be crowded.

3. Meet at Bull McCabe's, 1/3 mile from Brightleaf, just down Main St a few blocks. Not part of Pub Crawl. Easy walk from bus stop. Unlikely to be crowded.

I'm down with whatever, but would probably recommend option 3 or 1. You all just let me know what and I will be your fabulous host for the evening.

Curious...will there be a bus to bring everyone back to Fuqua at the end of the night? Or is the bus just to start the night off?

I'm leaning towards option 3. It would be nice to start off in a quieter setting for meet & greet and to get the party started, then we can get rowdy with the pub crawl.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:

Curious...will there be a bus to bring everyone back to Fuqua at the end of the night? Or is the bus just to start the night off?

I don't know the exact details, but the bus should be looping between Brightleaf and Fuqua/WaDuke all evening.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23