Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:45 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Who else is going to the admitted students weekend in feb?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Few questions regarding interview.. I hope someone can answer these ...

1 - We have the option for off campus interview, but is there any preference that Admissions has for On campus interview.
2 - Does the person who will take the on-campus interview read our Application or would it be more like black box interview...
3 - Is Feb 2nd week a good time to visit campus and have teh interview? Will there be currents students on campus at that time?

Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Hoping4best wrote:

1 - We have the option for off campus interview, but is there any preference that Admissions has for On campus interview.
2 - Does the person who will take the on-campus interview read our Application or would it be more like black box interview...
3 - Is Feb 2nd week a good time to visit campus and have teh interview? Will there be currents students on campus at that time?

Thank you!

Congratulations to all who receive interview invite and to myself- my online status still says submitted although I got the invite 10 hours ago.
anyway- I can not interview on campus and off campus because locations are not convenient for me. every listed place requrires a visa and an international travel for me..
Does Georgetown offer teleconference or other kind of stuff for interview? I am even fit for a phone interview does anybody have any idea?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
westsew wrote:

Congratulations to all who receive interview invite and to myself- my online status still says submitted although I got the invite 10 hours ago.
anyway- I can not interview on campus and off campus because locations are not convenient for me. every listed place requrires a visa and an international travel for me..
Does Georgetown offer teleconference or other kind of stuff for interview? I am even fit for a phone interview does anybody have any idea?

I called their office before and they said they don't do phone interviews. I'm not sure if this still holds. It might be a good idea to call their office again to inquire.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
connecticket wrote:
My interview was pretty standard. Why MBA? Why now? and why Georgetown? Apart from this I was asked questions specific to my work experience and the community work I've been involved in. I'm from India, so the interviewer probed to understand how I view cultural differences, differences in professional cultures and stuff like that. It ended with a few questions from my side.

Thanks buddy! Yes, sounds pretty much like standard stuff. What was the mode of the interview - F2F with AdCom, telephonic, or alum?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hoping4best wrote:

Thank you!

#2 - The interview is conducted blind, so you can actually use the stories you have shared in your essays. They will also ask you to bring an updated resume.
Current Student
 Q50  V35
Send PM
hserfoj wrote:
westsew wrote:

I called their office before and they said they don't do phone interviews. I'm not sure if this still holds. It might be a good idea to call their office again to inquire.

Ohh that's very bad for me. I shall check with them also.
so what did you do?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
westsew wrote:
hserfoj wrote:
westsew wrote:

Ohh that's very bad for me. I shall check with them also.
so what did you do?

I got a Visa then traveled to another country. Call them up, maybe they now grant phone interviews. :-D
Current Student
 Q50  V35
Send PM
hserfoj wrote:

I got a Visa then traveled to another country. Call them up, maybe they now grant phone interviews. :-D

:) cool.. yes maybe I should give it a try.
are you in georgetown now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there! I love all of the activity on this message board this year.
Current Student
Concentration: Foreign Market Development, Investment Strategy
Schools:Georgetown '12
Send PM
Kiki723 wrote:
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there too. Any suggestions on the attire ? Are suits a norm for the admit weekends ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vishwa wrote:
Kiki723 wrote:
hookemhorns86 wrote:

I'll be there too. Any suggestions on the attire ? Are suits a norm for the admit weekends ?

No clue. It said details would be included in the info packet so maybe it will say.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management, Consulting
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Send PM
Did you guys stay in touch with the Adcom during your wait period?

My status hasn't changed and I found a small error in my application. (primary language vs. second language)

Would you guys suggest contacting the adcom? How about the communication during the wait period after your submission?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hwiya320 wrote:

My status hasn't changed and I found a small error in my application. (primary language vs. second language)

Would you guys suggest contacting the adcom? How about the communication during the wait period after your submission?

I did my interview during the open interview period in October and did not have any contact with them until I heard my decision last week (in).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Intl Business, GM
Schools:Georgetown
Send PM
I submitted my app early for R2 and have an interview scheduled for next week. My app had original transcripts, both recommendations submitted before the deadline, everything completed, but my status still hasn't changed from 'Submitted'... Should I call about this?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got in R1!! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
hwiya320 wrote:

I don't think that would make any difference.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
katey998 wrote:
I submitted my app early for R2 and have an interview scheduled for next week. My app had original transcripts, both recommendations submitted before the deadline, everything completed, but my status still hasn't changed from 'Submitted'... Should I call about this?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got in R1!! :)

Just ask about it after the interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts