Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 13:23 It is currently 06 May 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General engineering
Schools:LBS (going there) LSE, HEC, ESSEC (offers... but no thanks)
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
Kudos
@anner: congrats on your GMAT, that's an impressive score!

@nezhmet&sgrssr: I'll be waiting for your questions ;-)

About HEC: I did get admitted for specialized masters but did not apply for masters of science

Between MiM & HEC specialized masters : I think MiM at LBS is better on many points: it's 11 months long without internship, way more famous outside France/Europe and a masters is a diploma, where advanced masters is just a programme. The content is also broader and international. As I said before, I did talk with many HR directors to make up my mind between LSE, HEC and ESSEC. They feel like HEC's reputation outside Europe doesn't reach LBS. I did not apply to MIB at HEC.

If you are choosing between Masters of science at HEC and Masters at LBS, then I don't really know. MiM is new, not ranked yet, but LBS has a reputation, and I can garantee they are good in marketing their programmes (you should see the package they send to admits). I didn't like HEC's way of treating applicants and global class atmosphere (so pretentious people!), but that's just a personal feeling (very bad one btw). After visiting both campuses, I can tell you LBS is better ;-) I love the Laing house concept (a building just for MiM students, really nice! see some pictures on the MiM's Facebook page).

But remember: there is no wrong choice! We are talking about the best schools in Europe/World and the difference in your career path will mostly come from you ;-) But since I spend 22k, I prefer to do it where I feel confortable, happy and welcome.

Let me know if I missed something.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guillaumeverdier, sorry I somehow missed you first post! Congrats on the admit :-D and thank you for sharing your experience and insight with us!
I agree with you that there is no wrong choice between HEC and LBS as they are both regarded very highly.
Can I also ask you if their acceptances are conditional upon your grades in the second semester? Or do they not care about those at all? The reason for that is because I don't think my grades this semester will be all A's like I hoped.

For those of us who are waiting for the March 5th interview decision date (nezhmet, sgrssr and myself), this is going to be an anxious week of waiting. I really hope for the best for all of us!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@guillaumeverdier: I agree with your analysis and perspectives on LBS and HEC. You have put it across very well.

@anner: Hoping for the best for all 3 of us.

If there are any other r3 applicants lurking around this thread do come forward and make yourselves known.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
@anner: I think the only thing they will ask you is to graduate ;-) If you are admitted, they won't check that you keep your straight A profile. But you will have to show your undergrad diploma to LBS once you get it. I think they don't select their students only on grades but mostly on personality, experiences outside school and motivation/ambition. (btw, I'm really not a straight A student)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@guillaumeverdier: Thanks so much for the reply! haha don't worry I'm not a straight A student either :roll: - I was just hoping for as many A's as possible this year to make myself more competitive for these high profile programs! When I asked you this question, I had just messed up a test really badly for one of my courses and was really worried about conditionality in all the masters programs I had applid to.

Guys, I'm not sure how you're feeling, but I'm SO anxious about the decision date this friday!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:LBS
Send PM
I'm a round 3 applicant as well.

23/F/American
GMAT: 750
BSc in Film & Television (magna cum laude) from top U.S. program
Extensive extra curriculars
Several High Profile internships (MTV Networks in NYC, NBC Universal in Los Angeles)
I moved to London after graduation on a six-month visa and did a lot of travelling afterwards so I spent quite a bit of time not working, but as far as full-time paid work experience, I worked a 3 month contract for the Cannes Lions Advertising Festival (London and Cannes) and am currently doing a six month contract at an international biotech company.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello KAS1986. Welcome to this thread :) as we wait for our r3 interview decisions to be announced on Friday. On first look, your profile looks diverse and strong. All the very best to you. Just wondering though on whether you might have WE of more than a year ?

Nevertheless, hoping for the best for all of us as we wait anxiously for March 5.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi KAS1986, as sgrssr said, your profile is very strong and unique, which will certainly work to your advantage. Wish you the best of luck!

I am pretty anxious about Friday as well sgrssr...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Hi sgrssr

I can't remember where exactly, but I do remember reading that internships for university credit do not count towards your total length of work experience. As all of my internship were completed as part of my coursework, I will only have 9 months of full-time paid work experience by the time my current contract ends in May.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
You should try LSE!! for Msc's they are the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
JacktheJack wrote:
You should try LSE!! for Msc's they are the best

Hi JacktheJack,
Could you give us some arguments? Anyone can say XYZ is the best... And I agree that LSE might be better on some programmes. Which one do you compare to MiM @LBS?

To the others, good luck on the big day!!!! Let us know the results! (I got my answer around 7PM French time)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks so much guillaumeverdier! When it says on their website that atoday's is the interview decision date, is everone supposed to receive their interview decision today?
Also I might sound really stupid, but how many hours is France ahead of UK? :oops:

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's already afternoon in UK now. Have anyone received the invitation already?
Really anxiously waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anner wrote:
Thanks so much guillaumeverdier! When it says on their website that atoday's is the interview decision date, is everone supposed to receive their interview decision today?
Also I might sound really stupid, but how many hours is France ahead of UK? :oops:

Good luck everyone!

To answer your question, I suppose every r3 applicant will be receiving the interview decision today. And as far time zones are concerned France is one hour ahead. So that leaves a time of little more than 3 hrs from now when me might get to know the decisions.

Good luck to all r3 applicants!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Markchao, I know, waiting sucks... I'm really glad that Canada is 5 hours behind so I don't have to be anxious and wait for as long (I just woke up and I'm already anxious so I can imagine how you must have felt the whole day!)
@sgrssr, Thanks for the reply! I'm really unaquainted with the European time zones :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@anner, actually, I'm in China and it's midnight in my timezone:(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm also a Round 3 applicant: 23/F/Canada...anxiously awaiting the interview e-mail.

Best of luck!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts