Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:LBS MiM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:LSE, LBS
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
Hi mm02

I think you should apply now because waiting for stage 4 means you will be competing for less spots on the program.
I think your GMAT is really OK to apply now (it is around the average score for this year I think), it is only one factor amongst others in the application.

However, it's your choice, I don't want to tell you what to do!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:LBS MiM
Send PM
I agree with Wackolas, the GMAT score should be fine. It is not outstanding but very good... I too think that applying in the last round is more competitive because of fewer slots. So if possible, apply asap. All the best from the LBS campus :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi
glad to see a thread on MiM LBS
I am aspiring for 2011 intake. Am aiming for a gud GMAT score :710+ . Other than that I will be graduating in May2010 and thereafter a job in IT company.
Do u think the profile is good enuf ? If not , plz tel me the reasons and what to do to make a strong profile out of it

Thanx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank your for the help! I will go ahead and apply this round.

I was also wondering what kind of student clubs there are. Is there clubs specifically for MiM students? Also, is there MiM student government? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Everyone !
Finally i have found an active thread on MiM @ LBS.
My GMAT score is 740 51QA, 38VA. Decent academic record.
I was wondering if it's too late to apply for this course, considering that this is the 4th stage.
I would also like to know about the career prospects as well as placement scenario for the current class since, 22k is a big investment.

Any help is appreciated :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi luftwaffe,

If what hofimaxx says about there being several placements in top consulting and finance firms is true, the 22k would be a very sound investment. I too had qualms about spending so much on a masters, but it seems to be an excellent way to move into a career in business for people from non-business backgrounds.

I applied in the 3rd round and now face the excruciating wait for the interview shortlist :(. People applying to the MiM, come out of your holes and make yourselves known!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
And to answer your other question: no its not too late.

Remember, the MiM requires students to have less than a year's full-time work experience. This effectively means that you can apply only in your graduation year or the year after that. Grab your chance and do it as soon as possible!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Nezhmet !

I'll surely apply to this course. I'm looking forward to joining the class of 2010. Let's see how it turns out.
In addition to it, are there any other colleges which fulfill all the demands including a great curriculum and a big brand name ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

I had been lurking in this thread for a while but seeing its recent activity, decided to finally take the plunge and register gmatclub account so I could participate in the discussion! :lol:

I JUST applied to the MiM at LBS about a few hours ago.... right in time for the Round 3 deadline today!

Luftwaffe, it's not too late - You should definitely apply but make sure you get your application in for round 4. From What I've gathered from reading last year's posts in this thread, by round 5, it becomes much harder to get in even if you are a very qualified candidate.

It will be nice if we could all help eachother out during this long and arduous application process =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi
could anyone of you who has been admitted or is aspiring for this course share his profile plz ? it would be helpful ... i am aspiring for 2011 intake and in a doubt as to what makes for a good profile in a course for freshers ....

thanx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Anner !

I'll surely apply in round 4 itself.

All the best for your results. Keep posting your experiences. I'm sure they'll be very helpful for all the prospective aspirants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Achilles: I don't think there is a typical "profile" for the MiM - yet. Maybe it has something to do with it being only 1 year old, people will eventually come up with one :? .

I think a good GMAT score and decent academic performance in your undergraduate studies will make you competitive. That said, this is a pre-experience course and there are far fewer things that the admissions committee can consider in evaluating you. So I think it is better to focus on all aspects of your application, right from the GMAT to your essays :).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Wow!! nice to see some action in this thread after a long time. Like anner, I have been hanging about in this thread for about a month now & finally decided to join the action. I'm a round 3 applicant to MiM2011. its quite an excruciating wait till the interview decision is made given that I applied about 2 weeks ago.

@nezhmet, anner - all the very best to both of you fellow r3 applicants. its quite a long process and I'm sure we can share & help each other out in this duration.

for other prospective applicants IMHO, it would be better if you could apply within round 4 (esp. if u r an international applicant).

just wondering though if there is any1 around here who has got into MiM2011, since the decisions for r1 & r2 are already out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nezhmet wrote:
Achilles: I don't think there is a typical "profile" for the MiM - yet. Maybe it has something to do with it being only 1 year old, people will eventually come up with one :? .

I think a good GMAT score and decent academic performance in your undergraduate studies will make you competitive. That said, this is a pre-experience course and there are far fewer things that the admissions committee can consider in evaluating you. So I think it is better to focus on all aspects of your application, right from the GMAT to your essays :).

hi ....thanx for ur reply
are the undergraduate projects like the major one in the last year count too ?? i am thinking of building one related to finance .....
also plz can u share ur profile with us ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm not sure what you mean by 'count'. You can (and should) highlight whatever you think adds weight to your application.

My profile:
Age 21
GMAT 750
Good academic record
Decent to good extra-curriculars
Will have 11 months of experience in the software industry by Jun 2010

sgrssr & anner: Always nice to meet fellow applicants. The very best to both of you!

I would like to hear from someone who has been admitted as well. It's very unnerving to play Neil Armstrong :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
@nezhmet: congratulations on your stellar gmat performance :) . naturally should stand you in good stead.

My profile:
GMAT: 710
Undergrad: Engineering
Decent Academic & extra/co-curricular records.
3 internships in varied profiles - totals to about 8 months of WE

@anner: looking forward to see your profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General engineering
Schools:LBS (going there) LSE, HEC, ESSEC (offers... but no thanks)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Since this thread helped me these last months and because people are asking for an admit to share his profile, here is mine :
Admitted on round 2
- French (TOEFL iBT 114 + fluent in Portuguese)
- Generalist engineering grande école (~masters in engineering with business electives). I was in the maybe top 5%, maybe top 10% (no ranking system, sorry)
- GMAT 690
- International experience : exchange programme @Virginia Tech & internship in IT in NYC + a few personal projects in Brazil & Canada
- Doing another internship at the moment in France with L'Oréal
- Lots of extra curricular activites
- Motivated, really! And for many reasons

My interview took place on LBS campus (btw you have to see Laing house!) and I got to meet students. The staff was really nice and welcoming (which is not true everywhere!).

I will be glad to answer your questions (if I know the answers)! I also feel like 22k is an investment, and I think that LBS will do what it takes to build MiM a worldwide reputation. I spoke with many HR directors in order to make my decision, and they all agree on the fact that this programme is worth it, even though it's expensive.

Originally posted by guillaumeverdier on 26 Feb 2010, 05:04.
Last edited by guillaumeverdier on 28 Feb 2010, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts