Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 19:58 It is currently 04 May 2024, 19:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Send PM
Re: IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
skitalac wrote:
You should fight for your place very hard, guys, because 2 people from Russia have been already accepted in the 1st round...

Skitalac - we're doing our best :) Anyway, there's around 10% of the class from Eastern Europe, which would make it like 3-5 participants from Russia. Two are already in (correct?). There are a few spots left for us!

batman9999 wrote:
....Way too many essays and the character restrictions were annoying.

Couldn't agree more on the character restrictions and the number of essays - so many!
And the application fee - 350 CHF - OMG!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just submitted my application. Questions for the audience please:

1) I know it's 6 weeks max to wait, but what were real dates in the R1 and before? Any idea?

2) Any idea of the number of admits from R1? From a portal maybe..

3) Anyone was late with the hard-copy documents? How tolerant they are to that? I'm running a few days late!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ligett wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just submitted my application. Questions for the audience please:

1) I know it's 6 weeks max to wait, but what were real dates in the R1 and before? Any idea?

2) Any idea of the number of admits from R1? From a portal maybe..

3) Anyone was late with the hard-copy documents? How tolerant they are to that? I'm running a few days late!

1. I applied twice, and both times they called me on the 6th week

2. Usually they take 4-5 people from one interview day. If there were 6 such days in R1, realistic number is about 25.

3. Don't know...

Удачи!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I got the call after 5 weeks. wait for the +41 call !

For r1, i think i heard they were 30 people that were interviewed. So 30 times 4=120 for 90 spots. Do the maths. In our session, 6 persons out of 8 were taken (2 russians, 1 spanish, 1 singapourian, 1 italian and 1 french). And i think the maximum is 5 or 6 per nationalities.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
am a new joiner on this forum. I got the +41 call *yay* and will be taking the interview in Singapore in May.
Anyone else doing so as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
are there any Indian applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am indo/canadian. Applied R2 and heard back this morning that my application is complete. Can expect to receive an update in due time.
Current Student
Send PM
batman9999 wrote:
I am indo/canadian. Applied R2 and heard back this morning that my application is complete. Can expect to receive an update in due time.

Just heard back from adcom about my application completeness too.
BTW From previous year IMD thread - people say the invite calls came out as early as 4 weeks after the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone

I'm one of the current batch of MBA students in IMD. If you guys have questions about life in school or the application process... am more than willing to help.

Replies might be slow thou.

All the best to those coming over to Lausanne to interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The same,
just received the letter,
it is written that it takes 3 to 6 weeks to complete the initial processing and screening of each application.

So, maybe someone will receive the invitation in April ))))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Me too, I received the email confirmation from IMD last friday (April 1st)

My heart was beating fast today when I saw +41...on my phone though i knew that it was too early....;) Finally it came from my Swiss colleague! As I'm now working on some projects in Switzerland, i might have heart attack during coming weeks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
menehn wrote:

My heart was beating fast today when I saw +41...on my phone though i knew that it was too early....;) Finally it came from my Swiss colleague! As I'm now working on some projects in Switzerland, i might have heart attack during coming weeks...

at least you will practice your reaction )))
Current Student
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm one of the current batch of MBA students in IMD. If you guys have questions about life in school or the application process... am more than willing to help.

Hey Crezence! Thank you for offering your help. I, and I believe other participants of this thread really appreciate your coming back here to give your feedback and answers. These are my questions:

• Quality of education and faculty. How good are they? Are they excellent or just good. All of them? Most of them? Some of them?
    I loved the sample lectures I found on youtube, and they were one of the major reasons for my choice of the MBA program. But these are just samples, how is it in real life?

• Budget: on the IMD website they say the following:

CHF 60,000 - tuition
    CHF 25,000 - all program and project related fees, including books and course materials, the discovery expedition and weekday on-campus lunches, excluding personal expenses.
    (fees may be subject to adjustments)

It just makes me wonder, whether an expedition or two plus the books plus lunches may cost that much! And that's excluding personal expenses.

• Budget again: Personal living expenses - what a family (2 people) budget should be in Lausanne for a year? On the web-site they say 36,000 CHF for a single person. I just wonder if it should be x2 or x1.5 for two. I'm thinking of not too moderate life, maybe dining in cafes twice a week, going on a trip to Milan once a month, etc.

• Employability of non-EU students: How good or bad are the prospects of non-EU students? Is it hard to get a job outside of Switzerland? Is it hard to get a job in Switzerland? Is it hard to obtain a work permit in practice?
    How about languages, is English and mediocre French or German would be enough to secure a job in Switzerland?

• First salary: the published salary figures are around 110-120K USD. Is that more or less true for the just-out-of-school student?

• ICP Project: was it interesting? was it helpful? was it worth it?

• What's your opinion: If I'm offered an Associate Consultant position with the Big4 consulting houses, and that's what I'd aim for as my first job after IMD, is the education at IMD still worth it?
    I know it's all quite subjective, still I'd like to know your opinion. I wonder if the education per se outweighs the role of consultant for the same period of time. My feeling that the job may be just as good for obtaining skills and experience.

It may be too early for me to ask, since I'm not even invited for the interview yet, and, due to the influx of candidates of my own nationality I face real strong competition. However it might be interesting to those who were admitted.
Current Student
Send PM
For candidates and admits:

I found this thread at businessweek forum https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=111&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=78897

There are a couple of users - birdy76 and Constantza that give really valuable tips on both admission and studies. Hope you will find it useful!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
25340 wrote:
menehn wrote:

at least you will practice your reaction )))

:lol: You are right :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ligett wrote:
For candidates and admits:

I found this thread at businessweek forum https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=111&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=78897

There are a couple of users - birdy76 and Constantza that give really valuable tips on both admission and studies. Hope you will find it useful!

Thank you for the link. Helpful information keeps our patience during this period ;)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I am another applicant for IMD R2. Now the long wait starts :|

Great to find this thread. Will have more questions about the program as time passes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anapplicant wrote:
I am another applicant for IMD R2. Now the long wait starts :|

Great to find this thread. Will have more questions about the program as time passes.

nice to meet you!
can you share your profile?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts