Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools:Stanford GSB Class of 2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
ukapp2010 wrote:
shekmba wrote:
We can safely expect a bulk of the invites to go out in the next 5-10 days. They need to release the decisions by the 16th (if I remember correctly) and they need at least 2-3 weeks to collate all the information and take decisions. This implies that most interviews should have been conducted by the last week of November; which further implies that most invites need to go out in the 2nd-3rd week of December so applicants can schedule interviews within 2 weeks. Ergo, bulk invites go out this week and next.

Of course, the tragedy with Stanford is that even if you don't get invited by 3rd week of November, you will still be hanging on with a sliver of hope till 1st week of December!

Never have I realized the extent of the importance of closure as now.

I'm a current MBA1, and I remember how hard the waiting was last year. However, interview invites do come out until very close to the end. I got my interview invite 2 weeks before the notification date, had my interview 3 days later, and was accepted a week and a half later. I think I submitted my application about an hour and a half before the deadline.

Thanks ukapp2010, that helps to keep my hopes up. Only worry for me is that if the invite does come in close to deadline, will I be able to schedule an alumnus interview so soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ukapp2010 wrote:
I'm a current MBA1, and I remember how hard the waiting was last year. However, interview invites do come out until very close to the end. I got my interview invite 2 weeks before the notification date, had my interview 3 days later, and was accepted a week and a half later. I think I submitted my application about an hour and a half before the deadline.

Thanks for the reply ukapp2010. However, after my HBS debacle, I am not too hopeful of a Stan call. Do you find people from unconventional backgrounds like Agribusiness in your class?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Guys any further invites reported today? The wait is so painful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Schools: HBS '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V43
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
I'm with you...somebody say something. This stressful waiting is starting to get to me...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations! You can go through the interview tips written by a Stanford and McKinsey alum.
https://www.interviewbay.com/interview_t ... w-tips.php

Good luck with your interview! Share your experience.

Irukandji504 wrote:
Just got my invite!! Very excited!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Still have not heard anything from gsb. Should my hope be fading away by now? Or is it still early?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: Q790 V640
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all,

I had my stanford interview yesterday. The alumni was very friendly and joked around a lot, and we instantly established good rapport (probably a function of his nationality as well as being the Stanford type). It was scheduled to last an hour but I think it was longer than that.

He came in with a bound document from Stanford that was maybe around 20 pages, and he said we could begin by finding the more interesting questions. He explained that afterwards, within 48 hours, he had to write a report on the interview back to stanford. Then if I got in he would be the one to call me.

There were questions per category, as you would expect. We skipped "why mba, why stanford, etc." He asked me about a situation where I showed initiative, led a team, influenced a group of people, etc. He took copious notes as I spoke.

He said he really liked my answers and made some jokes about bosses, difficult colleagues, etc. He then jokingly said we should find more difficult questions since I was answering them all so well, and asked me about the most challenging work situation I'd been in and what I did; since I appeared to be the overachieving type, when had I run into serious obstacles in my life; and what was my proudest moment. Basically we were having a jovial conversation throughout.

He then said I could ask him questions, and we talked about his career expectations when going into business school and whether they had changed, if he'd have been able to pursue the same career (he is a CFO now) without an mba, how he'd leveraged his alumni network afterwards, and what he took as most valuable from the stanford program. We also talked about why he'd chosen stanford and what he thought was the best value added from going there vs elsewhere. For each answer he would give me an example to illustrate, which was a nice touch.

I felt it went really well, although there was one question where I rambled for a moment and he had to gude me back. Overall I left feeling good about the experience. He said he was sure we'd be in touch again, which gave me confidence.

Hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
consultantcat wrote:

He said he was sure we'd be in touch again..

Positive sign, I must say :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.66
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
@consultantcat: i think it's not too soon when i say congrats! thank you for the run down as it will certainly help us -- even tho i have not heard back from stanford. good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
what's up with stan invites. app day was the same as booth and we haven't heard many stan invites thus far
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
consultantcat wrote:
Hey all,

I had my stanford interview yesterday. The alumni was very friendly and joked around a lot, and we instantly established good rapport (probably a function of his nationality as well as being the Stanford type). It was scheduled to last an hour but I think it was longer than that.

He came in with a bound document from Stanford that was maybe around 20 pages, and he said we could begin by finding the more interesting questions. He explained that afterwards, within 48 hours, he had to write a report on the interview back to stanford. Then if I got in he would be the one to call me.

There were questions per category, as you would expect. We skipped "why mba, why stanford, etc." He asked me about a situation where I showed initiative, led a team, influenced a group of people, etc. He took copious notes as I spoke.

He said he really liked my answers and made some jokes about bosses, difficult colleagues, etc. He then jokingly said we should find more difficult questions since I was answering them all so well, and asked me about the most challenging work situation I'd been in and what I did; since I appeared to be the overachieving type, when had I run into serious obstacles in my life; and what was my proudest moment. Basically we were having a jovial conversation throughout.

He then said I could ask him questions, and we talked about his career expectations when going into business school and whether they had changed, if he'd have been able to pursue the same career (he is a CFO now) without an mba, how he'd leveraged his alumni network afterwards, and what he took as most valuable from the stanford program. We also talked about why he'd chosen stanford and what he thought was the best value added from going there vs elsewhere. For each answer he would give me an example to illustrate, which was a nice touch.

I felt it went really well, although there was one question where I rambled for a moment and he had to gude me back. Overall I left feeling good about the experience. He said he was sure we'd be in touch again, which gave me confidence.

Hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Schools: HBS '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V43
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Anyone hear anything the last couple days? Any interviews or dings? Anything on other forums?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I just went back onto Stanford's website and it says they expect to interview btw 900 and 1,000 applicants during the year. So it would seem like there's still a big chunk of invitations to come for Round 1 yet.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I applied in the 1st round. I have changed jobs after submitting the application, to move closer to the post-MBA goals I stated. Should I write to the adcom updating them on this? Would it have an effect on my status? Or should I just let it be?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
kirthik1 wrote:
I applied in the 1st round. I have changed jobs after submitting the application, to move closer to the post-MBA goals I stated. Should I write to the adcom updating them on this? Would it have an effect on my status? Or should I just let it be?

I'm pretty sure that Stanford (as with all the other top schools) ignores anything you send them after the deadline. You should instead focus on how your job change will impact your interview responses and how to craft your R2 applications.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
kirthik1 wrote:

It depends on the school. Some schools will take updates while others will not. Email the admissions office and ask them if they will take the update. That's the only way you'll know for sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
kirthik1 wrote:

What is the general feel of changing jobs around this time around here?

Assuming you have applied to the MBA program, and you get in - should one change jobs with the intent of just working for 7 months in the new company?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts