Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: -6 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 680 Q45 V39
GMAT 4: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
hamm0 wrote:
hailmary wrote:
hamm0 wrote:
Still Wednesday for some of us :)

Good luck everyone - this looks like my last decision of my MBA journey. Lets hope it matches the first one!

Fuqua will be blessed to have you hamm0. I am really rooting for you!

Thanks hailmary! I could use some green on my school list to the left - the red army is taking over!

But seriously, I really liked Fuqua when I went to visit. I am asking for trouble by hoping for an admit; it would be hard for me to pick between Johnson and Fuqua. :? Lets hope I have that problem.

There are few applicants on GMAT club who had to pick between those two, so we they will be happy to address any questions/concerns you may have. Good Luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
For those of you waiting for the good news tomorrow, here is how Duke releases its decisions: Starting early morning tomorrow (5 am ET), adcom members will start making calls to every admitted applicant. The calls start from south east Asia and move west. Usually, east coast applicants start getting calls around 8am ET time. I am based in Texas, and got my call at 11:51 ET (I think I was one of the last ones to get a call) and by 2:00 pm ET, all online decisions are released. You should be looking for a 919 area code. Adcom usually spends few minutes on the phone with you (my call was 5:47), so be prepared to go to a quiet spot if you are at work.

Good Luck everyone and we, the EA admits, are very excited to greet all of you. Once you get admitted, make sure to add yourself to the Facebook group (search: The Duke MBA - Daytime Class of 2016) and start connecting with other other admits.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work in admissions and adcom can change things up this time.

Go Blue Devils!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 929 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Is there a way I can update my Contact Phone Number? When i submitted my application i gave them my India number, but am currently in the US..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
vomhorizon wrote:
Is there a way I can update my Contact Phone Number? When i submitted my application i gave them my India number, but am currently in the US..

Sure. Just email application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
shanek wrote:
jeffdill wrote:
Really disappointed with the Kellogg result yesterday, Fuqua is all I have left to save my holiday! One day to go!

I think I would have made the mistake of picking another school over Fuqua based on rankings, but I LOVED my visit to Durham. I'm actually glad this happened.

Let's go BLUE!

I did not get a chance to visit Durham but got in touch with a number of students and alumni and realized that Fuqua is by far my first preference. I understand that the experience of visiting a school is very personal but still I am glad to hear such good things about Duke from you guys. GO DEVILS!!

Originally posted by rohitowe3 on 19 Dec 2013, 08:24.
Last edited by rohitowe3 on 19 Dec 2013, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 929 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:

Sure. Just email application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu.

Thanks a ton..Just sent them an email..

Fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
For those of you waiting for the good news tomorrow, here is how Duke releases its decisions: Starting early morning tomorrow (5 am ET), adcom members will start making calls to every admitted applicant. The calls start from south east Asia and move west. Usually, east coast applicants start getting calls around 8am ET time. I am based in Texas, and got my call at 11:51 ET (I think I was one of the last ones to get a call) and by 2:00 pm ET, all online decisions are released. You should be looking for a 919 area code. Adcom usually spends few minutes on the phone with you (my call was 5:47), so be prepared to go to a quiet spot if you are at work.

Good Luck everyone and we, the EA admits, are very excited to greet all of you. Once you get admitted, make sure to add yourself to the Facebook group (search: The Duke MBA - Daytime Class of 2016) and start connecting with other other admits.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work in admissions and adcom can change things up this time.

Go Blue Devils!

5 a.m.? Seriously they do that on a winter morning.... But looking at the last year messages , it looked like they start calling around 8-10 ET to Indians.... I am very very scared...This is going to be a long night.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Oh my GOD I am so nervous. And excited.. but mostly nervous. Good luck with the next 20 hours guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
hailmary wrote:
hamm0 wrote:
Still Wednesday for some of us :)

Good luck everyone - this looks like my last decision of my MBA journey. Lets hope it matches the first one!

Fuqua will be blessed to have you hamm0. I am really rooting for you!

Thanks hailmary! I could use some green on my school list to the left - the red army is taking over!

But seriously, I really liked Fuqua when I went to visit. I am asking for trouble by hoping for an admit; it would be hard for me to pick between Johnson and Fuqua. :? Lets hope I have that problem.

I am in the same boat. Tomorrow, my waiting season will end (and my partying season will begin? as if it hasn't already after I was notified by Johnson?)

Best of luck, everyone!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Send PM