Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
My suggestion is to sit back and relax. Even if there's no interview, you never know what's in store! I met a guy yesterday who had dings from Tepper and Johnson and an admit from Duke. Maybe there's a better program in store for us! ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hey guys.. a quick question - for those of you who haven't received an interview invite yet - did your application dashboard change to "Your application is incomplete" - asking for the transcripts and degree certificates ? I didn't receive any notification, randomly logged in today and noticed it.

Do you know if it is required to send the originals only if we receive an interview invite or should I start the process of collecting the originals and send them anyway. What are you guys doing? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
theSport wrote:
Hey guys.. a quick question - for those of you who haven't received an interview invite yet - did your application dashboard change to "Your application is incomplete" - asking for the transcripts and degree certificates ? I didn't receive any notification, randomly logged in today and noticed it.

Do you know if it is required to send the originals only if we receive an interview invite or should I start the process of collecting the originals and send them anyway. What are you guys doing? Thanks!

Did you check your spam/junk email folders? I believe, the status changes to incomplete mostly after an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
akshaydixit88 wrote:
theSport wrote:

Did you check your spam/junk email folders? I believe, the status changes to incomplete mostly after an interview invite.

Thanks for replying. I am pretty sure I haven't received an invite :) The Anderson application requirements page has the following info - "You should submit scanned copies of your academic records with your application. Only applicants invited to interview should send us official hard-copy documents upon request". Hence the confusion.

I better start the process of collecting the originals.. it will take time and might be useful later on if something does come up.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
My application status still shows "Submitted". I haven't received an invite either.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Anyone got any interview invite lately? :roll:
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
akshaydixit88 wrote:
suchintya wrote:
asib wrote:
Anyone from technology who got an interview invite?

From my interview I gathered that UCLA actually understands technology quite well, even product management roles. I am really looking to go to school there.

Posted from my mobile device

I am from tech background, interviewed on Nov 5th. Long term and short term goals are also in tech.
I will reiterate the above comment - After my interview, I felt UCLA is one of the best school for tech PM roles. Looking forward to an admit.
Any idea what is the interview to admit ratio?

I too have a tech background, received invite on the 5th. My goals are also stay in tech and seeking PM roles...... Hahaha oh dear.

In terms of admit ratio, based on last year's thread it appears to be roughly 60-70% of interviewed get accepted based on the sample size of GMATClubbers that interviewed. Not sure if GC is a reflective sample of overall applicant pool
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
theSport wrote:
akshaydixit88 wrote:
theSport wrote:

Thanks for replying. I am pretty sure I haven't received an invite :) The Anderson application requirements page has the following info - "You should submit scanned copies of your academic records with your application. Only applicants invited to interview should send us official hard-copy documents upon request". Hence the confusion.

I better start the process of collecting the originals.. it will take time and might be useful later on if something does come up.

Good news from Anderson today :) Just got the interview invite. Good luck everyone ! And to add to the discussion going on: +1 for an applicant with a tech background ;)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
abhirupmishra wrote:
Anyone got any interview invite lately? :roll:

I just received one today! Looks like they're slowly rolling out
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I received an interview invite yesterday night! :-D
Indian applicant from the semiconductor industry!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
deepblr wrote:
I received an interview invite yesterday night! :-D
Indian applicant from the semiconductor industry!!

can you please give a brief about your profile? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NIT Trichy ECE... 4+ years of work ex as a Design Engineer for a top US semiconductor company...
Lots of awards and extra curriculars...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Congs to the guys who got interview invitation. I am still waiting. I believe this is also part of the MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
I am not sure whether it is a pattern but I think most of the GC members , who are from tech background and have received interview invite from UCLA, have 3-4 yrs exp only. I have 6 yrs of experience ; Does that put me at the end of the potential candidates list ? :shock:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
mshrek wrote:
I am not sure whether it is a pattern but I think most of the GC members , who are from tech background and have received interview invite from UCLA, have 3-4 yrs exp only. I have 6 yrs of experience ; Does that put me at the end of the potential candidates list ? :shock:

You're not alone mshrek..
:| :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
mshrek wrote:

I have 8+ years of experience in the tech industry. I interviewed in R1. Keep the faith strong!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

While I know the Businessweek rankings are being bashed left and right (understandably so), one thing I appreciate about the rankings is that they publish 10 insightful comments that students made when filling out the survey.

The 10 comments are:

Quote:
There are vast opportunities to learn from others, especially your classmates, both in classes and in extracurricular activities. The school really promotes student-driven activities that enable you to sharpen your leadership skills in an environment where tolerance and understanding are highly valued.

The people are wonderful. The students are very focused and accomplished. The admissions committee takes great care to ensure only those who are naturally collaborative and team players get in. The faculty is committed to the learning process, well prepared and always available. The administration actively engages the student community, acts quickly on feedback and makes best efforts to create a sense of community.

The students at Anderson are energetic and friendly. There is competition, but the atmosphere is supportive and that supersedes all issues of competition.

The environment at UCLA Anderson is unmatched. The administrators, faculty, students and alumni are all genuinely interested in seeing each other succeed. This type of culture is contagious, inspiring and a pleasure to be a part of.

The academic program could be a little more flexible in terms of the core courses and their scheduling.

The worst thing is the lack of minorities at UCLA Anderson. However, the school has been working hard to improve this by becoming a member of the Consortium and making strategic new hires such as Diversity officer and adding a VP of Diversity/Inclusion position to the student board.

There are fewer financial resources than available at big players like Harvard and Stanford.

The program is very flexible. I was able to complete my MBA and MPH within three years while also taking a leave of absence to have a baby. I also worked part-time for a startup while in school, and began working for my full-time employer before graduating. UCLA offers so many class times that it is possible to do all of this. I couldn't have done it at a smaller school.

Anderson is a community. We cheer wildly when someone gets a job that they have been looking for, and everyone looks out for each other when on the job search. It is more of a family than anything else and the energy is infectious.

The collaborative culture is sincere. Anderson is all about co-opetition. We push each other to achieve great things, whether its inside the classroom, securing jobs, or extracurricular activities. People here realize that success is not a zero sum game, and we can all be super successful together by forging great relationships.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts