Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
sachdix wrote:
tashi My application status says the same as well!!

And uve received any interview invite?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
tashi wrote:
sachdix wrote:

No.. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
tashi wrote:
sachdix wrote:

Ok.. Thx.. I guess quite a few ppl are in the same boat as we are! :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Got an email from Anderson with subject "Moving on up in the world", talking about rankings increase and applying in Round 2.

Except that I've applied in Round 1 and have already interviewed. Wonder if this means anything. Anyone else get this email?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
Got an email from Anderson with subject "Moving on up in the world", talking about rankings increase and applying in Round 2.

Except that I've applied in Round 1 and have already interviewed. Wonder if this means anything. Anyone else get this email?

Got the same. My heart skipped a beat on reading the name of the sender and the subject line :P They should really modify the system to filter out people who have already applied.

But it's nothing more than an automated newsletter thats sent out to everyone on their mailing list. Don't read too much into it :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Got the same. My heart skipped a beat on reading the name of the sender and the subject line :P They should really modify the system to filter out people who have already applied.

But it's nothing more than an automated newsletter thats sent out to everyone on their mailing list. Don't read too much into it :)

I woke up in a haze, looked at my phone to see an email from Anderson with the title "Moving on up" and, needless to say, set a new personal best for time elapsed between waking up and getting out of bed.

Figured as much, though I hadn't received any promotional emails from them since applying, and so the head games began!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
akshaydixit88 wrote:
Best of luck to you too.

FYI for benefit of everyone.
I called ad com regarding the degree certificate issue and She said that we can send the original degree certificate with a cover letter providing address for return. They will make sure that the certificate is sent right back after evaluation.

Did you send them your original degree certificate with the cover letter? Did you also send them an additional envelope to send back the degree certificate?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
My application status is 'submitted' and i interviewed...

sachdix wrote:
tashi wrote:
sachdix wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
PMD8833 wrote:
My application status is 'submitted' and i interviewed...

sachdix wrote:
tashi wrote:
My application status says the same as well!!

My status also says "submitted" and I interviewed. Moreover my application says incomplete because they haven't received my undergraduate transcript yet even though I know my school sent. Anyway for those with similar concern, I just called in and the office person told me it typically takes 1-2 weeks for them to process official transcripts and for that to reflect in application page.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Had my interview on 24th. It was really conversational and I almost enjoyed it. The questions were similar to what everyone here got apart from the questions that originated based on what I said.

Also I understand that interview results are processed on rolling basis. So in a scenario a candidate is admitted he would receive the admit mail sooner rather than later but if it is a reject will the same apply or the rejection mails are only send towards the end or on deadline date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
qw1981 wrote:
Had my interview on 24th. It was really conversational and I almost enjoyed it. The questions were similar to what everyone here got apart from the questions that originated based on what I said.

Also I understand that interview results are processed on rolling basis. So in a scenario a candidate is admitted he would receive the admit mail sooner rather than later but if it is a reject will the same apply or the rejection mails are only send towards the end or on deadline date.

Where did you hear this from?

I don't think anyone that has interviewed yet has gotten a response, and everyone is under the impression that there is usually an early admit day in mid December, with the rest of the admits on decision day. In fact, I spoke to a current Anderson student that said he was not admitted during the early decision, but was admitted on the published decision day, and the results in the previous year's thread are consistent with this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
To clear confusion about degree and status.
My status was complete before i received interview call. After the call it was changed to incomplete as I had to send the hard copy of Transcript and degree. I sent a original copy of transcript and a attested photocopy of degree. My status was again changed to complete on the very same day they received my documents.
There is no need to send originals... attested photocopies will do the job..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

I don't think anyone that has interviewed yet has gotten a response, and everyone is under the impression that there is usually an early admit day in mid December, with the rest of the admits on decision day. In fact, I spoke to a current Anderson student that said he was not admitted during the early decision, but was admitted on the published decision day, and the results in the previous year's thread are consistent with this.

My interviewer told me that the decision after interviews are processed on rolling basis. That said whatever you have stated above makes sense. I infer that there would be a batch of admits released mid December before the winter break and then maybe they will start offering the rest of the admits in January.

The rejection part that I mentioned above was my own inference. I feel considering what you shared above a decision received considerably before the date of 28th January will only be a admit.

What do you think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
qw1981 wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

My interviewer told me that the decision after interviews are processed on rolling basis. That said whatever you have stated above makes sense. I infer that there would be a batch of admits released mid December before the winter break and then maybe they will start offering the rest of the admits in January.

The rejection part that I mentioned above was my own inference. I feel considering what you shared above a decision received considerably before the date of 28th January will only be a admit.

What do you think?

That's correct. Rejections won't be released until decision day.

Keep in mind that R2 deadline for Anderson is Jan. 7th. Those getting an early admit are likely people that are either not in an over represented pool, or those that Anderson believes are at the top of their pool based on historical data. By holding off on majority of the decisions, they get a chance to see their R2 applicant base, thus comparing what they have in R1 with what they get in R2.

It's important to keep this in mind when the early admit round comes around. I've seen a much higher number of acceptances on decision day, and not getting an early admit doesn't seem to be a reflection of the candidate, but rather, it has more to do with the bigger picture and process at Anderson.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

My experience was pretty consistent with this. Rejections didn't go out until the decision deadline. I believe last year, for round 1, there was an early admit day in December, and then all other admits were notified on the decision deadline. For the second round, there were multiple dates prior to the decision deadline where admits were notified, and then a group of admits were also received notified on the decision deadline. I am not sure exactly how it will work this year, but I imagine it will be similar to last year. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I don't think anyone that has interviewed yet has gotten a response, and everyone is under the impression that there is usually an early admit day in mid December, with the rest of the admits on decision day. In fact, I spoke to a current Anderson student that said he was not admitted during the early decision, but was admitted on the published decision day, and the results in the previous year's thread are consistent with this.[/quote]

What do you think?[/quote]

That's correct. Rejections won't be released until decision day.

Keep in mind that R2 deadline for Anderson is Jan. 7th. Those getting an early admit are likely people that are either not in an over represented pool, or those that Anderson believes are at the top of their pool based on historical data. By holding off on majority of the decisions, they get a chance to see their R2 applicant base, thus comparing what they have in R1 with what they get in R2.

It's important to keep this in mind when the early admit round comes around. I've seen a much higher number of acceptances on decision day, and not getting an early admit doesn't seem to be a reflection of the candidate, but rather, it has more to do with the bigger picture and process at Anderson.[/quote]

See at the end of of the day in my opinion there will always be grouping of the applicants. For example they would have an approximate fixed number of seats for large groups such as that of Indians and Chinese. So if an applicant gets an early admit then that means he is a preferred candidate over other candidates of the same group who get a admit at a later stage. The comparison is always among similar groups and hence even if lets say a Brazilian applicant has a less stellar profile then that of lets say a Chinese applicant, the brazilian candidate still has a better chance of making in on the account of diversity he or she brings to the class.

That said early or late, admit is an admit and in the might really not matter because all the admits start at the same stage when they are at school..

However in my situation a December admit is very important to me and will make my life a lot easier.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I don't mean to start an off-topic discussion, but aren't race-based admissions illegal? In fact Harvard has been sued by asian undergraduate applicants because of this type of situation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts