Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: Want an UNUSED top GMAT preparation course for FREE? Get it HERE!!! [#permalink]
Can you tell which Prep course is this?
And is it a full prep course ....as in questions, videos etc and what else?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Want an UNUSED top GMAT preparation course for FREE? Get it HERE!!! [#permalink]
saahil07 wrote:

Hi Saahil,

The prep course name cannot be released before the result.
However, yes it is a full prep course. It has a big question bank with almost 600 questions, a few full tests and very elaborate video tutorials.
Hope that helps.
dare2differ wrote:
saahil07 wrote:

Hi Saahil,

The prep course name cannot be released before the result.
However, yes it is a full prep course. It has a big question bank with almost 600 questions, a few full tests and very elaborate video tutorials.
Hope that helps.

thanks dare......

Now will have to think of something special to convince you..... :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
NOOR: HIRA
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools: UNIVERSITY OF DHAKA - Class of 2010
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Helllo BB, Thanks for your Offer.I m very fresh member of Gmat Club.Have a very little knowledge about GMAT preparation. I think it will
be helpful for me if u grant ur offer to me.Stay fine.

...Heeramony. ...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Heeramony wrote:
Helllo BB, Thanks for your Offer.I m very fresh member of Gmat Club.Have a very little knowledge about GMAT preparation. I think it will
be helpful for me if u grant ur offer to me.Stay fine.

...Heeramony. ...

Posted from my mobile device

Hey Heeramony .. good job with the reason. In case you come up with a better reason, you can post that too. Just like GMAT score, the best of your reasons will be counted while finding the winner.
Good luck . Keep Posting.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Nice thread, and congrats for being admitted.
Now, to get to the point. Why do I need prep materials? Well, I've already taken twice the GMAT in the last 3 months. Although I put a lot of time and effort into preparation, I haven't improved my score. Now I'm facing a problem that I do not have any other prep questions left, since I have already done (twice, some even 3-4 times) all OG and Magoosh questions.
:)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mvictor,

Since your Official GMAT scores are so "close" together, the "issue" that you might be dealing with is probably more about how you "see" (and respond to) the GMAT than anything else. In this way, you'll have to learn (and master) new tactics to improve your score. You have also likely developed a number of "bad habits" over the course of your studies. Re-doing the questions repeatedly, as you've described, has clearly not fixed any of these bad habits. Until you actively take steps to change your tactics, the big improvement that you're looking for isn't likely to happen.

What is your goal score?
When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mvictor wrote:
Nice thread, and congrats for being admitted.
Now, to get to the point. Why do I need prep materials? Well, I've already taken twice the GMAT in the last 3 months. Although I put a lot of time and effort into preparation, I haven't improved my score. Now I'm facing a problem that I do not have any other prep questions left, since I have already done (twice, some even 3-4 times) all OG and Magoosh questions.
:)

Hey mvictor , thanks for your post. I was in the same spot a few months back.
With this elaborate course that I am offering, you may be able to get a good GMAT score. All the best for this competition. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
1. UnUSED material will be Used, and will be transferred to the other needy ASAP.
2. You will get a gracious acknowledgement in the debrief of my success.
Most Important...
In a snowy evening of Chicago, after a hectic day at Booth, roaming in the botanical garden I will be telling my gf (then wife), "Darling, see today I am here because of "dare to differ" and I am sure she would not then, dare to differ with me.

8-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bagariapratik01 wrote:
1. UnUSED material will be Used, and will be transferred to the other needy ASAP.
2. You will get a gracious acknowledgement in the debrief of my success.
Most Important...
In a snowy evening of Chicago, after a hectic day at Booth, roaming in the botanical garden I will be telling my gf (then wife), "Darling, see today I am here because of "dare to differ" and I am sure she would not then, dare to differ with me.

8-)

Superb job there bagariapratik01 ! Best answer so far. You are gonna give a tough fight to people for their creativity in answering 'Why You'.
Keep posting people. Let there be a competition. Results by March 10. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Preps for the GMAT is not for the faint of heart
SC, RC, PS, DS are not acronyms but art
AWA and Quant will keep you busy
So beware, you may lose time easy
As afraid as we all are, 700+ is all we desire
While some of us make it in a week,
Others will need to prepare
That reminds me of a prep course for free
If someone must get it - why shouldn't it be me? :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
dare2differ wrote:
Are you preparing for GMAT/ GMAT retake?
Do you need a professional resource?
Would you like it for FREE?

If yes, then give me a reason- WHY YOU and I will give you this full, unused course for FREE.
Use your creativity, essay writing skills, story forging skills...and win this course.

I am starting this thread now, and I will be closing the deal by March 9th, 2015.
So you have good 3 weeks to think of some good reasons. And you can post again and again and your best answer will be counted just like GMAT scores. 8-)
I will announce the name of the winner on this thread itself.

So, guys what are you waiting for?
Nothing in life is for free EXCEPT this course.
Let your reasons flow.

P.S. I bought the course some time back but never used it. The course is valid till October 24, 2015. I am already going to a B-School this fall so would like someone to benefit from it. Spread the word guys. Let us get some free stuff.

Hey,
Creativity is not the key, being appropriately different is what matters
Getting the coveted prize does not mean, if it is not properly offered
Yes, I want to have the prize as much as everyone else's heart will shatter
GMAT is the world, now or never ever ever ever after.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
The thread topic asks if you "want an UNUSED top GMAT preparation course for FREE?" and that you should "Get it HERE!!!"
Stated in this way the thread manipulates facts and conveys a distorted view of the situation, and fails to mention several key factors, on the basis of which it can be evaluated. The conclusion of this relies on assumptions for which there is no clear evidence. Hence the thread topic is misleading and has several flaws.

First, reading the (misleading) title, one readily assumes that the GMAT preparation course is free, and it is available either in the body of the thread, or by simply contacting the original poster (OP). This statement is a stretch because while the GMAT prep course may be unused, it is meant to be earned and not just available to "Get it HERE". For example if something is free, it means there is no cost or restrictions applied to you. Clearly, OP meant that the prep course could be earned, thereby being not free, by submitting a good enough reason as judged by OP. Researching a good reason, preparing the response, showing wit, charm and a subtle hint of desperation or groveling, does take work, and time. A common quote attributed to Benjamin Franklin "Time is Money in "Advice to a Young Tradesman, Written by an Old One", it shows again that there is a cost associated with getting the preparation course "HERE" The topic of the thread would have been much clearer if it explicitly stated that the preparation course could be earned/won.

Second, the title of the thread claims that the reader could "Get it HERE". This again is a very weak and unsupported claim as the thread does not show any correlation between getting the preparation course between going through the thread and getting the preparation course. To illustrate, I should be able to simply get the prep course by showing up to the thread based on the title. While, OP expects me to submit a witty and charming, prepared response, showing slight desperation without groveling. If the original post title had been a little more descriptive....then it would have shown that the prep course could be won and not simply had.

Finally, what other hidden costs are associated with this competition that OP does not mention in the post? Will the winner be responsible for shipping and handling of the prep course? Is it online, live-online, text-book based, or computer-based? if the latter, what are the system requirements to be able to use the program? Without convincing answers to these questions, one is left with the impression that the claim is more of a wishful thinking rather than substantive evidence.

In conclusion, the thread title is flawed for the above-mentioned reasons and is therefore deceptive. it could be considerably clearer if the author clearly mentioned the relevant facts and guidelines rather than the vague ones mentioned in the post. Does OP want it to be funny, heart-wrenching without becoming a sob-story? What is the required word-count? Give us guidance already! In order to assess the merits of a certain situation/decision, it is essential to have full knowledge of all contributing factors. In this particular case, better guidelines for the competition. Without this information, the statement remains deceptive and open to debate. I can see OP doing well in marketing classes because the title is clearly a use of the Bait and Switch technique, perhaps a little less so in the Ethics course work. OP has successfully lured even a skeptic like me into this thread to invest time and attempt to win above-mentioned GMAT preparation course by way of using a crudely attempted AWA approach.

Good luck, with your studies and beyond, OP. Let me know when I should expect receipt of the course.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Simply for me, the unused course will help me to achieve my dream score and then I'm thinking that I can "pay it forward", supporting others. We need to keep this habit in GMAT club. I will share questions, techniques and high quality questions in forums. Certainly, this will enhance GMAT club service for others.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Hoa: Tran
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 05-23-2015
GPA: 3.85
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Want an UNUSED top GMAT preparation course for FREE? Get it HERE!!! [#permalink]
Hi Dare2differ,

Your nick name tells why you intend to give away the good resources. I understand that you will have a hard time choosing the winner for your nice offer, but do not feel bad if you can only give this once since what you have demonstrated is great and people appreciate it.

Honestly, I would love to win the award. The simple reason is that I never really purchased any course before and always somehow got all the free stuff (part of the reason is that I am from Vietnam, where copyright is not a matter). And I am proud that I am usually the odd person to get through all the tests (IELTS, TOEFL, perhaps GMAT...) with something that is truly not free, my tears and efforts (I am serious, I usually get my tears down on my notebook and take a picture when frustrated with studies and laughed on myself; if you like, I can send you one picture. My friends laughed on this a lot too. haha).

So anyway, I plan to get GMAT 800 (sounds funny^^). I post my thought here because I like the free resources and I like the fact that you dare to differ, to be an odd, like me.

Thank you.
Keep making a difference.
Attachments

File comment: My tears of GMAT
one month ago.

20150110_112852.jpg
20150110_112852.jpg [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 3922 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Dare2Differ,

Please see my reasons below

Attachment:
Crossword 2.jpg
Crossword 2.jpg [ 108.86 KiB | Viewed 3977 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Want an UNUSED top GMAT preparation course for FREE? Get it HERE!!! [#permalink]
Kudos
trishulpani wrote:
Preps for the GMAT is not for the faint of heart
SC, RC, PS, DS are not acronyms but art
AWA and Quant will keep you busy
So beware, you may lose time easy
As afraid as we all are, 700+ is all we desire
While some of us make it in a week,
Others will need to prepare
That reminds me of a prep course for free
If someone must get it - why shouldn't it be me? :-D :-D

trishulpani the poetry delighted my heart to the core
You are a true competitor, I will say no more
You are gonna give a tough fight to all
Now lets wait for others' responses, till then you can snore :-D
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2