Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Haas (UC Berkeley) - Class of 2017
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
cowabungaman7 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna break up the monotony of the interview invite jitters and provide a debrief of my interview. I interviewed the other day on campus with a current student. I thought my interviewer was really awesome, and I was super impressed by the questions asked + dialogue that ensued. I didn't feel like there was a standardized set of questions during this interview. Instead, everything was very free flowing. My advice is to really know your story and what your future outlook is. Have specific examples of failures, success, friction with a boss, friction with peers, leadership moment, regrets, what makes you unique, etc etc... basically all the typical behavioral questions. Make sure your stories are air tight because we dove pretty deep with each one. As long as you're being genuine and witty (if the conversation permits), there shouldn't be any issues. I actually enjoyed this interview a lot more than any other interview.

Overall, I feel great about the interview but who knows what metrics are really involved. Now it is just a waiting game. I am going to forget about all of this by focusing on other things until mid March rolls around. Hope this helps! Go kick some ass!

Interviewed today on-campus. Second this advice. Know your story and everything on your resume. I feel I had good rapport with my interviewer over several points and one question segued nicely into the other. I came prepared to be grilled point by point, but it was pretty genial and we even shared a couple laughs.

I highly recommend using this site to prepare for your interview: https://www.adammarkus.com/mba-applicati ... trategy-3/

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
arthi9487 wrote:
Anyone's application status say "Application Under Review", but then in the Status Description it says "Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents."?

For those that have been interviewed/admitted, does the status description change when the adcom actually begins reviewing your application???

Wondering the same thing, but I think last year everyone was obsessing over this and not sure if it ended up being an indicator of anything.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Alumni Impact: Berkeley MBAs in the News
From Fast Company to the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, Berkeley MBA alumni from the full-time, evening and weekend, and executive programs have been making the news recently:

Tim Campos, Facebook CIO and a Berkeley executive MBA alum discussed automation and the future of email in Part I and Part II of a conversation with the Wall Street Journal.

"My job is the efficiency of the company," Tim told the WSJ. "It is something that my staff and I live, breathe and think about, how IT can enable the efficiency and effectiveness of the company."

Meanwhile, Revolution Foods, co-founded by Kirsten Saenz Tobey and Kristin Groos-Richmond, 2007 graduates of the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program, made Fast Company's list of the 50 most innovative companies of 2015, for selling "good, cheap food to children who need it most." 

"The proof is in the (­natural, additive-free) pudding," said Fast Company of Revolution Foods, "with revenue quadrupling from $18 million to $80 million over the past five years."

Representing the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program was Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen, MBA 93, featured in the Financial Times Monday Interview.

"Mr. Narayen did not underestimate the coming need for change," said the Financial Times of Shantanu's Question the Status Quo approach.

Want to see who else is in the Berkeley-Haas Alumni Network? Check out our Hall of Fame.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [4]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the invite! Off-campus, Russia.
Application submitted a day before R2 deadline.
Under review since early February
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Sk1ver

Great going. Good Luck for the interview. Keep posting such stuff. Keeps hopes up.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
I know I'm jumping the gun, but does anyone know when admit weekend will be for round 2 applicants? Just trying to see if it will conflict with other weekends.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Anyone from Brazil invited to interview? My R2 application still under review. Is it normal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any Round 2 india applicants received invites?

My application status went to "Under Review" a week after the deadline and i've heard nothing yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
crazyflier wrote:
I know I'm jumping the gun, but does anyone know when admit weekend will be for round 2 applicants? Just trying to see if it will conflict with other weekends.

The last weekend of April, so April 25th-26th. This conflicts with the Anderson admit days for round 2 applicants :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
I'm from Brazil too, no news over here (but I've already seen a post of someone getting an invitation).
Submitted my application in the last day and my application has been under review since Jan, 23. Not very optimistic about it....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Any other admitted students waiting for a scholarship decision today? I'm not sure if we should be expecting a phone call, email, or online update...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
secondtimesthecharm wrote:
Any other admitted students waiting for a scholarship decision today? I'm not sure if we should be expecting a phone call, email, or online update...

On the facebook page there is a student who called and they told her they would update applicants by email
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
ascar wrote:

On the facebook page there is a student who called and they told her they would update applicants by email

Haha thanks...I'm actually the student who posted the question on the facebook page. Thanks for following up in here, though! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ascar wrote:

Haha thanks...I'm actually the student who posted the question on the facebook page. Thanks for following up in here, though! :)

So now I know your real name :-D

Well I am sure the info on Facebook is correct, it's just that in California is still early in the day... I am in Europe and I will probably get the email while I am sleeping...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Looks like someone from Haas has read my last post. Just got an invite!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Those of you who got the invite, in how many days did the interviewer contact you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
PDHAV wrote:
Looks like someone from Haas has read my last post. Just got an invite!

Congrats!!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts