GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:30
I've put my deposit already...My only concern was waiting for Haas may delay my visa application to the first school. Anyway, if Mar 26th is the deadline, then it should be fine to me. Thanks anyway!

KarmaChameleon wrote:
blackdancer wrote:
does anyone know when the R2 decision will come out? I've got an interview invite but I really need to get the result earlier since I've got another admission that I need to matriculate on May...

Haas official result day is Thu March 26th although that day will be mostly dings. Based on R1, calls will likely start going out that Monday.

And the most common thought is: no, you can't request an early decision for a competing bschool deadline. You'll likely have to put in your deposit and then lose it if you get into your top choice school and chalk it up to cost of doing business.
Intern
Intern
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:36
Just curious; is it normal for Haas to request an official transcript be sent from your undergrad school?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:39
tj2013 wrote:
Just curious; is it normal for Haas to request an official transcript be sent from your undergrad school?

Yeah, everyone had to send one pretty much. They don't accept unofficial transcripts. Different from other schools for sure.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 14:53
Has anyone applied for R3??? Deadline is TODAY! :P
Director
Director
Landing your Dream Job: How These MBA Grads Did It  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 17:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Landing your Dream Job: How These MBA Grads Did It
From consulting to investment banking and marketing, people come to Haas to change the course of their careers—and we can't think of a better MBA ROI.

Here are three graduates of our full-time MBA program whose studies launched new career trajectories:

Jessica Felts
Associate, McKinsey & Company
San Francisco, California

Jess, a 2013 grad, previously worked in investment banking and, while she liked the pace, wanted to "work in a setting more focused on people." She calls her time at Haas "the critical first step" to her new career in management consulting.

“I didn't have a lot of the experience necessary for success in consulting," says Jess, citing live problem solving in a team environment and an understanding of the importance of hypothesis-based work.

"Core classes in strategy combined with experiential electives like Social Sector Solutions were the perfect combination to quickly get me up-to-speed.”

See how Jess tailored her curriculum to meet her career goals.

Matt Roehl
Investment Banking Associate, Jefferies
New York, New York 

Matt Roehl, a 2014 grad, traded a previous career as a research analyst for one as an investment banker.

“At Jefferies we advise clients in a variety of industries on M&A transactions and provide financing through the debt and equity capital markets," says Matt of the global investment firm he's joined.

While finance electives such as Corporate Financial Reporting and Financial Statement Modeling were integral to building his skills, Matt also appreciated serving on a nonprofit board through Berkeley Board Fellows, which he says, "gave me the opportunity to sharpen my project management and presentation skills.”

See how Matt tailored his curriculum to meet his career goals.

Lauren Wong
Strategy Manager, Genentech
South San Francisco, California

Lauren, who graduated in 2013, tapped the power of Berkeley's dual degree program in business and public health and currently works in Pricing and Contracting for oncology products at Genentech.

"My work involves a mix of strategy, analytics, project management, and extensive collaboration," says Lauren. "I'm often problem-solving around uncertainties presented by the rapidly evolving health care environment."

She says the Haas core curriculum offered valuable preparation for the demands of this new role and that each of her electives offered tangible value. "My favorites included Pricing, Marketing Strategy, Health Finance, and Negotiations," says Lauren. "I draw on principles from these courses every day."

See how Lauren tailored her curriculum to meet her career goals.

Take a look at our student profiles to find out what other students plan to do with their Berkeley MBA degrees and why they chose Haas to make their career transitions.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 20:40
Quick question: almost all the scholarships in Haas need to be applied separately according to http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/finaid/MBA ... ships.html, does that mean normally one can't expect any scholarship at the time of getting admitted?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: RPLU
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: Analyst (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 07:56
Got the call yesterday....accepted!!

Round 2 Consortium applicant (NYC)

I did not get any aid up front but the Ad Com member did tell me I should apply for the Haas scholarships to be considered for funding
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (UC Berkeley) - Class of 2017

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:08
Racer87 wrote:

I did not get any aid up front but the Ad Com member did tell me I should apply for the Haas scholarships to be considered for funding

Congrats! Here's hoping we hear a few more accepts over the coming week. I've already prepared myself for an agonizing wait over the next two weeks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Mar 2015, 08:27
Congrats!

I'm still hoping for an interview ;) The guy that got an interview invite 2 days ago gave me hope that it might not be over yet =)

Originally posted by fedp on 12 Mar 2015, 08:13.
Last edited by fedp on 12 Mar 2015, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:27
Racer87 wrote:

Already accepted?? We're 2 weeks away from the official deadline! Dang Haas is pickin up the pace. Boy would I be over the moon to get a surprise next week.
Manager
Manager
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 08:32
That is cool that you heard. Congratulations. I am bracing myself for the inevitable ding, hoping to get it over with soon...

:(
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 10:42
mildsky88 wrote:
Has anyone applied for R3??? Deadline is TODAY! :P

yes.
i am one of the last round fighters :?
that's for all schools I am applying to plus I am at a disadvantaged position at Haas.
but there is hope and hunger!

Do consider a Kudos if you find the post useful
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 13:57
I interviewed at Haas and have not heard back about a decision. My application home page says "The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed." This change happened over the last 2 days. Prior to this it said something along the lines of "Application Under Review". Have others experienced the same change on their home page? I don't want to read to deeply into it...but I cant help it!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:02
Mine says the same, but if you go under "Status Report" then it says "Interview and Review".

SB47 wrote:
I interviewed at Haas and have not heard back about a decision. My application home page says "The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed." This change happened over the last 2 days. Prior to this it said something along the lines of "Application Under Review". Have others experienced the same change on their home page? I don't want to read to deeply into it...but I cant help it!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:09
Interesting, mine says "Application Under Review." My account said "Interview and Review" after I was invited to interview and continued shortly after the interview. It returned to "Application Under Review" a few days after the interview.

I can come up with many theories but maybe I should just get back to work...or not

bAlb wrote:
Mine says the same, but if you go under "Status Report" then it says "Interview and Review".

SB47 wrote:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:12
I had my interview over 2 weeks ago and it has not changed ever since so I have no idea what is happening. Its so funny how we try and read into these things. Cannot wait for the WAIT to be over.

SB47 wrote:
Interesting, mine says "Application Under Review." My account said "Interview and Review" after I was invited to interview and continued shortly after the interview. It returned to "Application Under Review" a few days after the interview.

I can come up with many theories but maybe I should just get back to work...or not

bAlb wrote:

SB47 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:15
I second that...

Interviewed at Wharton, Yale, Haas, and Northwestern. I was waitlisted at Yale. I cannot wait for this to be over provided I am accepted into at least one school when it is all said and done! I am curious what percentage of interviewees are accepted at Haas. I think it is around half...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:21
I am not so sure how accurate this is but you are correct in that it is about 50%:
http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/

Wildabout wrote:
I second that...

Interviewed at Wharton, Yale, Haas, and Northwestern. I was waitlisted at Yale. I cannot wait for this to be over provided I am accepted into at least one school when it is all said and done! I am curious what percentage of interviewees are accepted at Haas. I think it is around half...
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:24
I have seen that! I certainly hope it is accurate. I think it is unlikely to go 0 for 4 if those statistics are correct, plus I think there are things as play that can boost your chances above 50%. I am not going to be able to relax until I have an acceptance in hand.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:28
That is exactly what I keep on telling myself. I have interviewed with Haas, Booth and LBS. Will interview with Sloan and Stern in the next couple of weeks. The numbers are in our favor, though you are right. The wait does really suck. I wish they could just tell you right away so we could get it over with. My productivity level is really low lately. Cannot focus to do work whatsoever.

Wildabout wrote:
I have seen that! I certainly hope it is accurate. I think it is unlikely to go 0 for 4 if those statistics are correct, plus I think there are things as play that can boost your chances above 50%. I am not going to be able to relax until I have an acceptance in hand.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2015, 14:28

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  46    Next  [ 920 posts ] 

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana