GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 15:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.67
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 14:48
SB47 wrote:
I interviewed at Haas and have not heard back about a decision. My application home page says "The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed." This change happened over the last 2 days. Prior to this it said something along the lines of "Application Under Review". Have others experienced the same change on their home page? I don't want to read to deeply into it...but I cant help it!

I just called about this and the woman who answered the phone sounded surprised that it said this. She looked me up and said I was still being considered by the admissions committee (even though I have no invite yet).

For what it's worth, she said invites are still going out.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 16:19
Mine also says application is closed but if I click status report it says Application Under Review. It also says you will be contacted about your decision AT the status deadline. Does this mean 3/26 is the day or is it possible I could hear before? (Fingers crossed) I'm kind of confused that accepts are already going out ...Btw I already interviewed

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (I)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 20:15
I am sorry if this question is dumb :

When one will have to start with financial aid applications at Haas. I have interviewed in R2 and awaiting results.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 00:37
I'm in at Haas! I got the call today at 6:30pm (PT). I applied R2 and interviewed on 3/3/15. I'm excited to have my life back!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 06:45
WOW congratulations!!!! What on earth is going on though...invites already trickling out...so much activity way before expected...THIS IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE RIGHT NOW.

Come on Haas show me some love!!!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 06:47
SB47 wrote:
I'm in at Haas! I got the call today at 6:30pm (PT). I applied R2 and interviewed on 3/3/15. I'm excited to have my life back!

This is so awesome. When did you receive your interview invite by the way? Curious to know your background too!
Intern
Intern
WE: Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:18
My application also changed from "under review/may need more information if you're invited to interview" to "You will be contacted at the decision deadline".

I can only assume this means ding without interview at this point... pretty annoying since I felt Haas was my strongest app and best cultural fit.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:20
Driscoll wrote:
My application also changed from "under review/may need more information if you're invited to interview" to "You will be contacted at the decision deadline".

I can only assume this means ding without interview at this point... pretty annoying since I felt Haas was my strongest app and best cultural fit.

I'm right there with you. Even though it was a bit of a reach for me, I thought fit-wise I had it all the way. Guess not
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:26
SB47 wrote:

You are a Consortium applicant? Both acceptances I have seen are through Consortium. Those decisions must be coming out earlier.

Please list the program when you post. Giving us a heart attack.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:28
SB47 wrote:

Ahh!!! So soon! Congratulations ;) I'm hoping that it's good news for me since my application says the same thing but I'm sure it probably doesn't mean anything. So excited for you!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:30
Racer87 wrote:
Got the call yesterday....accepted!!

Round 2 Consortium applicant (NYC)

I did not get any aid up front but the Ad Com member did tell me I should apply for the Haas scholarships to be considered for funding

Hey Racer87, when was your interview date? Just curious. Thanks and congrats on your admit!!
Intern
Intern
WE: Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:34
squigglekins wrote:
Driscoll wrote:

I'm right there with you. Even though it was a bit of a reach for me, I thought fit-wise I had it all the way. Guess not

These next 10 or so days are going to be really tough. A lot of self-questioning. I think I need to take a vacation somewhere without internet and just come back when it's all done and find out all at once.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:41
Driscoll wrote:
squigglekins wrote:
Driscoll wrote:

These next 10 or so days are going to be really tough. A lot of self-questioning. I think I need to take a vacation somewhere without internet and just come back when it's all done and find out all at once.

I am with you. Where are we going?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:43
Driscoll wrote:
squigglekins wrote:
Driscoll wrote:

I just got waitlisted at Duke and it just so happens that I am about to go on vacation at a cabin for a week. It's nice timing :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 08:00
Driscoll wrote:
squigglekins wrote:
Driscoll wrote:

I was planning on doing just that but I don't leave until next Friday...I didn't think I'd have to worry about getting a call from Haas TWO WEEKS EARLY. Next week will be tough...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 10:30
Got the email saying Status change (since no Interview I knew it was a ding). Confirmed it anyways (came in ~9:30am PST)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 10:34
FlyinPenguin wrote:
Got the email saying Status change (since no Interview I knew it was a ding). Confirmed it anyways (came in ~9:30am PST)

Interesting, I haven't gotten that email but I also have not gotten invited to interview. My status still says "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision."

Pretty much have lost all hope for Haas anyway, so a ding at this point would not be surprising.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 11:23
ksc104046 wrote:
FlyinPenguin wrote:

Interesting, I haven't gotten that email but I also have not gotten invited to interview. My status still says "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision."

Pretty much have lost all hope for Haas anyway, so a ding at this point would not be surprising.

Same here... Holding out for a waitlist, but I doubt they'd invite someone to fly cross-country for an interview on 2 weeks notice.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 11:50
ksc104046 wrote:
FlyinPenguin wrote:

My status says: "Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents."

And the Additional Notes says: "We will require an official transcript from xx if you are invited to interview."

So I guess that mean stay put until further notice. I wonder why they say things slightly differently for a what seems to be a standard message. Should I read more into it?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 11:58
seechange wrote:
ksc104046 wrote:
FlyinPenguin wrote:

My status says: "Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents."

And the Additional Notes says: "We will require an official transcript from xx if you are invited to interview."

So I guess that mean stay put until further notice. I wonder why they say things slightly differently for a what seems to be a standard message. Should I read more into it?

Haha this is basically the million dollar question. I scoured last year's thread and people were talking about the same thing. FWIW, my status used to be the same as yours but changed about a week ago (didn't get an email about it, just happened to see it when I logged on). I also have the same thing under Additional Notes. No idea what any of it means. :?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2015, 11:58

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  46    Next  [ 920 posts ] 

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana