Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 21:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 06:12
Well sometime late Friday or over the weekend my status changed from "Interview and review" to "Application under review". Just based on posts from R1 thread, I think this means they've made a decision on the application. Just speculation, of course. Anyone else had their status change?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 06:15
SB47 wrote:
I'm in at Haas! I got the call today at 6:30pm (PT). I applied R2 and interviewed on 3/3/15. I'm excited to have my life back!

SB47 - do you know if your status changed per my above post in the days leading up to the call from Haas?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:00
EY KarmaChameleon I read his status changed to Under Review as well, so I think this is good news man!

When did you take the interview? I took it the 2nd of March and I still have "Interview and review" status. fingers crosseddddd!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:06
Europe86 wrote:
EY KarmaChameleon I read his status changed to Under Review as well, so I think this is good news man!

When did you take the interview? I took it the 2nd of March and I still have "Interview and review" status. fingers crosseddddd!

I sure hope it's good news! But definitely not sure - in R1, I saw several folks have this change happen about 10 days prior to the decision deadline and some of them were accepted, some were WL and some were dinged. So...while I do believe a decision has been made on my application, the outcome could still be anything! Arghhh this wait is slowly killing me

My interview was quite some time ago - Feb 21st! Had received the invite first week of Feb I think.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (UC Berkeley) - Class of 2017
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:18
KarmaChameleon wrote:
I sure hope it's good news! But definitely not sure - in R1, I saw several folks have this change happen about 10 days prior to the decision deadline and some of them were accepted, some were WL and some were dinged. So...while I do believe a decision has been made on my application, the outcome could still be anything! Arghhh this wait is slowly killing me

My interview was quite some time ago - Feb 21st! Had received the invite first week of Feb I think.

You're telling me. Even though I've known the decision date of March 26 all along, I've been checking ever since my interview on February 6th!

My application status has changed once, but the headline on the home page has changed twice. Sometime around late February it changed from "Interview and Review" back to "Application Under Review" (which it said before my interview as well). And then just late last week the home page changed to "The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed." but the application status is still "Application Under Review."

I agree that this likely means a decision has been made on my application, but I have no reason to believe it's an accept yet.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:23
hoplite67 wrote:
KarmaChameleon wrote:

You're telling me. Even though I've known the decision date of March 26 all along, I've been checking ever since my interview on February 6th!

My application status has changed once, but the headline on the home page has changed twice. Sometime around late February it changed from "Interview and Review" back to "Application Under Review" (which it said before my interview as well). And then just late last week the home page changed to "The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed." but the application status is still "Application Under Review."

I agree that this likely means a decision has been made on my application, but I have no reason to believe it's an accept yet.

Thanks for the info! Let's see how things shake out for us. Man I would give my left kidney for a call from Haas today ending this whole ordeal.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:07
Hmm there are 2 reports of Haas dings on Clear Admit that came out on March 13th apparently. I guess some folks were released?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (UC Berkeley) - Class of 2017

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:12
KarmaChameleon wrote:
Hmm there are 2 reports of Haas dings on Clear Admit that came out on March 13th apparently. I guess some folks were released?

I'm guessing those were the Consortium applicants. This thread had some of them accepted last week, so I'm guessing all the dings went out as well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:13
KarmaChameleon wrote:
SB47 wrote:
I'm in at Haas! I got the call today at 6:30pm (PT). I applied R2 and interviewed on 3/3/15. I'm excited to have my life back!

SB47 - do you know if your status changed per my above post in the days leading up to the call from Haas?

My application status changed from "Interview and Review" to "Application Under Review" shortly after my interview (within 3 days). Also, around 3/10 my status no longer showed on my page, I had to check my personal Status Report. However, I have no idea which of these changes was as a result of a decision being made. My guess is that the change to "Application Under Review" happens once they have the interviewer notes and confirmation of all your materials (official transcript etc). I request my official transcript from my school on Fri 2/27 and it arrived at Haas on Mon 3/2. Therefore, they had all my application materials in hand by my interview on 3/3. The other factor to consider in my situation is that I am a Consortium application and the admissions office had to make a decision on my application shortly after my interview in order to meet a Consortium deadline. So my timeline is likely not universal.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:17
hoplite67 wrote:
KarmaChameleon wrote:

I'm guessing those were the Consortium applicants. This thread had some of them accepted last week, so I'm guessing all the dings went out as well.

I have a friend who is a Consortium applicant and was dinged at Haas on Friday.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:19
Thanks for the info, SB! The wait continues...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Many Happy Returns: Long-Term ROI on the Berkeley MBA, Part II  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 15:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Many Happy Returns: Long-Term ROI on the Berkeley MBA, Part II
The Internet is rife with articles about the financial worth of a graduate degree from the nation’s top business schools. But while annual incomes are fairly easy to scale, it’s much more difficult to quantify overall satisfaction. What about professional creativity? Personal happiness? Social interaction? Flexibility? In this three-part series, we asked several Berkeley-Haas alums about a different kind of MBA ROI—how their Berkeley-Haas degrees have more broadly affected their lives in the longer term.

Name and degree:
Martha Gerhan EMBA 03 (Berkeley-Columbia Executive MBA Program)

Lives and works in: San Francisco, CA

Position prior to Haas and position today: “I was in sales and marketing, largely in manufacturing, hardware and software. Now I’m an independent strategic consultant for clients ranging from early-stage companies to corporations.”

How her MBA has improved her career: “Haas gave me both the knowledge and the network, ultimately transforming me into an independent consultant. I now take a broader role in how companies work across the board, from engineering and product development to finance and marketing. As a consultant, I love being able to provide key strategic support and then move on – I’m not constrained by the structure of a full-time position.”

"Greater earning power...has made me more confident in taking risks."

Most rewarding aspects of life today: “I continue to connect professionally and socially with my Berkeley peers through strong friendships and the business community. Haas attracts a certain type of personality, and the Defining Principles tend to underlie our thinking. We have a different way of looking at problems and issues.”

Other ways in which the Berkeley MBA has impacted her life: “Greater earning power does enable me to be more choosy about what jobs I take and has made me confident in taking risks. As an independent contractor, it’s important to have the confidence to know that you bring value to an organization.”

Are you interested in becoming a more confident risk-taker?  

You can also read about Beau Giannini, MBA 94 and a professor of entrepreneurship, in Part I of this series.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 11:43
Just completed my interview with an alumni based in my hometown!
Very friendly atmosphere!

My interviewer said that he received an e-mail from admissions, and they are kindly asking him to complete the report as soon as possible, as they are going to held an admissions meeting very soon, to review all selected candidates.
Good luck folks!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 13:51
Sk1ver wrote:

My interviewer said that he received an e-mail from admissions, and they are kindly asking him to complete the report as soon as possible, as they are going to held an admissions meeting very soon, to review all selected candidates.
Good luck folks!

That's awesome! Thanks for the update. Yeah guess it makes sense for them to be winding down their process soon.

Also just some more speculation to fuel fire - I seem to have seen that a good number of those who were invited for last minute interviews, both in R1 this year and R1 + R2 last year, were admitted. Not sure if anyone made a similar observation. So maybe a good sign for the last minute interviewees? :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 14:12
Sk1ver wrote:

Good luck folks!

To breathe last hope for someone like me, who still waiting for an invitation, did anyone receive happy email within last two days? My mailbox is almost overheated as I press refresh button with increasing frequency :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 20:05
KarmaChameleon wrote:
Sk1ver wrote:

Good luck folks!

That's awesome! Thanks for the update. Yeah guess it makes sense for them to be winding down their process soon.

Also just some more speculation to fuel fire - I seem to have seen that a good number of those who were invited for last minute interviews, both in R1 this year and R1 + R2 last year, were admitted. Not sure if anyone made a similar observation. So maybe a good sign for the last minute interviewees? :)

Honestly I personally don't understand how that would possibly happen considering they are not making decisions on rolling basis, so theoretically the chance should be the same, and if they do send invites in order of their preference, then the chances for last minute interviewees should be lower technically...

Don't get me wrong, I'm among those last minute interviewees but I just don't want to expect too much...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 08:35
A question for those who have been accepted and have already committed to Haas:

Do you guys know if Re Vera, the background check company, contacts you when they are finished with the verification process for your application? Or will they only contact you if they have questions regarding your application?

The reason I ask is that their initial e-mail said it would take up to 6 weeks. It's been 6 weeks now, and I still haven't heard back. Should I assume this means they are finished with the background check, even though they did not contact me?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 08:44
I'm one of the Berkeley applicants still waiting for any word. Have heard from all other schools, still nothing from Haas.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:30
applymba2017 wrote:
I'm one of the Berkeley applicants still waiting for any word. Have heard from all other schools, still nothing from Haas.

I am on the same boat. Apparently Haas has the reputation of taking a long time to give a definite answer. I heard there are cases where people have to wait until August to get off the wait list.

Just a little over a week before the decision goes out, I reckon it's a ding if no interview invite by end of this week.
VP
VP
Dean Lyons on 5 Years of Haas Defining Principles  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 10:39

When the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business introduced its new curriculum five years ago, the emphasis would be on creating innovative leaders. Haas students have a distinct profile in the marketplace: MBAs who have tried unusual things, taken risks, and explored new frontiers.

The school published a Q & A this week with Dean Rich Lyons where he reflects on the fifth anniversary of introducing the Haas Defining Principles, an initiative that has touched all aspects of Haas: admissions, curriculum, staff hiring and reviews, alumni relations, and day-to-day operations.

Here is an excerpt from that interview that current Berkeley MBA applicants may find interesting, as it conveys how Haas strives to differentiate itself while creating ‘path-bending leaders':

Q: Haas now has five years worth of graduates who grew up with the Defining Principles. How are you seeing this reflect back on the school?

A:  I see it all the time. Here’s an example: we hand out our “culture cards” that list the Defining Principles. When I go to see a donor or alum I always ask, “Do you know about the culture work we’ve been doing?”

Many, many of them say, “I’ve got the culture card on my desk.” Or they have it in their wallet or purse. It’s not just that they’re aware of it—they are using it, and they have an appetite to be guided by it. They’re proud of it.

Another example: I was at lunch recently with some venture capitalists who don’t know the school very well, and I handed a culture card to them. They said, “This describes the kind of people we like to fund.”

Questioning the status quo is the first principle on the list, and most entrepreneurs are very good at that. But these VCs also know that if you can’t build a team as an entrepreneur, you won’t be successful. Confidence Without Attitude—they said that’s exactly what they’d like to see more need of. Students Always and Beyond Yourself fit in as well.

Check out the complete interview to learn the dean’s thoughts on how the school has changed since 2010, what other MBA programs should focus on if they too are interested in cultural change, and what shifts he envisions for the campus in the years to come.
You may also be interested in:
3 Ways Berkeley-Haas Develops Innovative Leaders

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

GMAT Club Bot
Dean Lyons on 5 Years of Haas Defining Principles   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2015, 10:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  46    Next  [ 920 posts ] 

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana