Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Schulich Video Essay Questions [#permalink]
Kudos
essprsodose

The video questions were not very complex. You generally will get behavioral questions such as, what would you do if you are faced with a particular XYZ situation in office, how would you chose your group members as a leader etc.

You need not stress about it. My advise to you would be: after listening to the video question, take a deep breath, understand each word of the question, in your mind frame an answer that attends to all the aspects of the video essay question. It is important that you tackle each part of the essay question. For eg: If there is a question, which asks 'How would you chose your team members and why', then ensure that you have answered the 'How' as well as the 'why'. Plan your response so that you get time to answer both, the 'How' and 'why'.

If I recollect rightly, you get 30 seconds after you hear the question to form an answer and speak in front of the camera. While I agree that during such anxious moments 30 seconds are too less, 30 seconds are long enough to gather your thoughts and may be scribble couple of words in your notepad. Be rest assured that the text of the video question will still be flashing on the screen all throughout your video interview.

As regards your last question: No. Your video essay is a part of your MBA application and your application is deemed to be incomplete until you have completed every section of the application, which includes your video essay.

Trust I have cleared your queries.

Regards,
PK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

The video questions were not very complex. You generally will get behavioral questions such as, what would you do if you are faced with a particular XYZ situation in office, how would you chose your group members as a leader etc.

You need not stress about it. My advise to you would be: after listening to the video question, take a deep breath, understand each word of the question, in your mind frame an answer that attends to all the aspects of the video essay question. It is important that you tackle each part of the essay question. For eg: If there is a question, which asks 'How would you chose your team members and why', then ensure that you have answered the 'How' as well as the 'why'. Plan your response so that you get time to answer both, the 'How' and 'why'.

If I recollect rightly, you get 30 seconds after you hear the question to form an answer and speak in front of the camera. While I agree that during such anxious moments 30 seconds are too less, 30 seconds are long enough to gather your thoughts and may be scribble couple of words in your notepad. Be rest assured that the text of the video question will still be flashing on the screen all throughout your video interview.

As regards your last question: No. Your video essay is a part of your MBA application and your application is deemed to be incomplete until you have completed every section of the application, which includes your video essay.

Regards,
PK

Thank you, sounds assuring! What about timed written component, how long does that one take?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
essprsodose wrote:
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

Regards,
PK

Thank you, sounds assuring! What about timed written component, how long does that one take?

I guess you get a total of 5 minutes for the timed written response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V30
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Gimme an e-mail at krrishthanvi@gmail.com

I'll help you out with proper questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose wrote:
parameshkk wrote:
essprsodose

Regards,
PK

I guess you get a total of 5 minutes for the timed written response.

Thank you so much for response! One more question, when we fill in reference forms, is it necessary to submit the application for referees to receive the email with reference link? or referees will receive the link the moment you add their information without actually submitting the application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Great job everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Send PM
Thank you so much for response! One more question, when we fill in reference forms, is it necessary to submit the application for referees to receive the email with reference link? or referees will receive the link the moment you add their information without actually submitting the application ?[/quote]

Hi any update on this query? I have the same doubt. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GRE 1: Q161 V157

GRE 2: Q158 V162
GPA: 3.96
WE:Engineering (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Recommenders will get the mail when you will save their contact details on that page. This is the case for Schulich.
For some, the mail might go after you submit the application.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V34
Send PM
Any idea about a timed written essay? What type of questions they are?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [3]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Ritesh92gmat wrote:
Any idea about a timed written essay? What type of questions they are?

A business setting questions such as "Have you ever blamed someone for something and then realized that you were wrong? What did you learn from that experience?"

You have 5 minutes to finish it.

Best of luck.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
tyildirim92
Thank you so much for your quick response.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Ritesh92gmat wrote:
tyildirim92
Thank you so much for your quick response.

You are welcome. Another way of thanking is giving kudos.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
tyildirim92
Sorry, I didn't realize the importance of kudos but I absolutely agree with you that it's better to give kudos.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I am looking to take the video interview questions soon the one on the application profile. Heres my question for the timed essay would your webcam be on throughout that session or after your timed recorded essay questions you can switch off your webcam. I get butter fingers when typing under duress. Please tell me about your experience.

Thank you very much.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Veemah wrote:
Hi,
I am looking to take the video interview questions soon the one on the application profile. Heres my question for the timed essay would your webcam be on throughout that session or after your timed recorded essay questions you can switch off your webcam. I get butter fingers when typing under duress. Please tell me about your experience.

Thank you very much.

Your webcam will be off while writing the essay. Best of luck.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Schulich Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Schulich Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Schulich Forum for all fresh things related to the Schulich MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts