Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS '18 (A)
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Gnial wrote:
Congrats everyone!

For those looking forward to the interview, I recommend spending more time preparing than I did. I was so busy that I did not even think about the "case" component, it caught me off guard. Worse, I was asked to give a presentation on an extremely complicated topic I knew nothing about (several of the terms used in the question were terms I had never seen before, and several of the sub-questions I had to completely ignore due to the unfamiliar language used). I definitely bumbled my way through like a fool.

It worked out in the end, but oh my, what a stressful 10 minutes.

Thank you for the advice! Is the AWA section of the GMAT similar? Just wondering how to reply!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
mba48 wrote:
Gnial wrote:
Congrats everyone!

For those looking forward to the interview, I recommend spending more time preparing than I did. I was so busy that I did not even think about the "case" component, it caught me off guard. Worse, I was asked to give a presentation on an extremely complicated topic I knew nothing about (several of the terms used in the question were terms I had never seen before, and several of the sub-questions I had to completely ignore due to the unfamiliar language used). I definitely bumbled my way through like a fool.

It worked out in the end, but oh my, what a stressful 10 minutes.

Thank you for the advice! Is the AWA section of the GMAT similar? Just wondering how to reply!

I do not think the AWA section is similar. It is difficult to describe. I think if you google it you may be able to find some insight, but I know when I googled it the samples I came across were very easy and so I underestimated it. My actual problem was very challenging, and perhaps the purpose was to see how I would do when the problem was completely over my head.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Gnial wrote:
I do not think the AWA section is similar. It is difficult to describe. I think if you google it you may be able to find some insight, but I know when I googled it the samples I came across were very easy and so I underestimated it. My actual problem was very challenging, and perhaps the purpose was to see how I would do when the problem was completely over my head.

I had a similar experience with my presentation too which was on a topic I was pretty unfamiliar with. For me the issue was more that there were 2 parts to the question and they weren't very related. I think as long as you have some sort of structure to your presentation, it would be fine though. My interviewer didn't ask questions regarding the presentation so I'm sure they don't really expect you to know the topic you're talking about.

Good luck and congrats to all those who got interview invites! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
:cry: :cry: i got dinged :cry: :cry: do i reapply with a better gmat score?? but the mail said if v want u to reapply, we will mention it....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to everyone who got an invite!

Sorry for not being around yesterday... :(

If you have any question about the interview process just ask and I will try to help!
I highly recommend this link: https://www.vinceprep.com/interviews/london-business-school

Also, remember your app was selected, so it is probably the best material to use! Study it!

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you niddy! I've been wondering how much of the questioning is environmental? e.g. oil prices, impact on global economy, etc? Did you get asked to comment on things like that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mba48 wrote:
Thank you niddy! I've been wondering how much of the questioning is environmental? e.g. oil prices, impact on global economy, etc? Did you get asked to comment on things like that?

I got no question like that!
All questions were related to my professional exp and application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
niddy wrote:
mba48 wrote:

I got no question like that!
All questions were related to my professional exp and application.

I did not get asked environmental question either, although you can (and perhaps should) draw upon environmental related to your presentation topic to make a more persuasive pitch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have a question related to reference checks. In their interview invite email, LBS said that as per protocol they will be carrying out reference checks to verify the the authenticity of the recommendations. One of my references recently moved jobs so he no longer has access to the email which he used for the recommendation. R1 folks - Do you guys know how they reach out to the referees? By phone or by email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
abhinay.anand wrote:
I have a question related to reference checks. In their interview invite email, LBS said that as per protocol they will be carrying out reference checks to verify the the authenticity of the recommendations. One of my references recently moved jobs so he no longer has access to the email which he used for the recommendation. R1 folks - Do you guys know how they reach out to the referees? By phone or by email?

In my case they sent e-mails to my referees. I would write the ADCOM informing the change and asking how to proceed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know the interview acceptance rate? or have an estimation?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
mba48 wrote:
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know the interview acceptance rate? or have an estimation?

Thanks!

In my opinion, there's no reliable information about this.
Just remember u've written a winning app. Be as good in person and you will be OK! :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Does anyone know how soon would the Regional Manager take to get in touch? What was the time frame like for people who interviewed in R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
When did LBS send reference check emails to the recommenders...was it before or after the interview???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
AvgEng wrote:
Does anyone know how soon would the Regional Manager take to get in touch? What was the time frame like for people who interviewed in R1?

My regional manager got in touch with me yesterday..giving me the name of an alumni and asking me to get in touch with him to set up the interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Aratrika! Did you get an interview set up in your city itself? I am from Delhi and got an invite for Mumbai. Was wondering if I was the only one. And Niddy, you think it's ok if I request the regional manager to change my interview from Mumbai to New Delhi- both cities are quite far apart in India.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received an email on Thursday from my regional contact introducing herself and advising she would be in touch soon with alumni details - I imagine those of us who haven't heard will hear next week!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts