Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: LBS '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good luck to all LBS applicants who applied in Round 2. Let the wait begins!! Please do not forget to update your forum status after you submit the application. Thank you!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
BlueDonkey wrote:
mba48 wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
Hello,

I submitted my R2 application for LBS and today while reviewing the submitted application I came across that there was a short answer question:

"We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response?"

While preparing my application on the portal, I am sure there was no text box to answer this question, so I did not answer it. Did anyone else faced the same problem?
If there was space to answer the question, the portal would have given error while validating the section.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure my application is not rejected.

Thanks

This happened to me too, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to enter text in the box. In any case, it may just have been the nerves of trying to submit!

I've read through the threads and from what I gather, two accepted applicants also left this blank. It doesn't necessarily apply to me so I'm not going to worry about not having completed it!

Thanks buddy! Thats some relief.

I remember I input the answer to that in the box bellow it clearly stating which question I was answering. However I had news it was not a mandatory question so don't fret over it.:) cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I am unable to login to my LBS application portal. Is anyone else facing similar issues.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Pulkitv wrote:
I am unable to login to my LBS application portal. Is anyone else facing similar issues.?

Same here. I think its a server issue.

On selecting reset password link, I get no email to reset either.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Our first admits event for the round 1 MBA candidates
In December last year, the MBA Recruitment & Admissions Team had the chance to welcome 60 MBA2018 admitted candidates to London for our first Admits Event for Round 1 candidates.  The day was jam packed with presentations starting with a welcome from our Student Association president who highlighted different aspects of student life and activities to get […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
AnnouncementLive Q&A with LBS Alumna and Admission Expert

Happy 2016 to all!! We are delighted to inform you that we are holding a chat session with Christine Lin, Founder of Marvel Admissions Consulting and LBS Alumna. Christine has been conducting alumni interviews and evaluating candidates for London Business School since 2002. She is currently serving as the President of London Business School Los Angeles Alumni Club. This is best opportunity for you to learn about what LBS looks in applicants as well as discuss your questions about LBS's admission process. So save this event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room on this Thursday with your questions.

Date: January 14, 2016. Thursday
Time: 9 AM Pacific Time
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Current Students Blog: London Life
Primrose Hill at dawn. I think it’s rare for a spot in London to be more majestic, and London is certainly a city full of majesty. I’m drinking in a panoramic vista which stretches on my left from Stratford almost 10 miles in the east, across the jagged mountain range of the City of London, and out across to the Royal Parks in the west.

The tip of the Shard is obscured by a single low-hanging rain cloud this morning, which nevertheless is pierced by the brilliant morning sun. It’s vaguely reminiscent of the view of Manhattan from New Jersey, except instead of shipping containers criss-crossed by train tracks, my foreground this morning is the verdant green carpet of Regent’s Park criss-crossed by the tracks of my fellow joggers.

Just beyond Regent’s Park, hidden from my present view, is the grand John Nash-designed Sainsbury building, icon of London Business School. We do have some startlingly attractive environs.

School is back in session for the Spring Term, the first week of which is internship recruiting week for my MBA class. I’m sure this is of much interest for anyone interested in business school, but as I’m confident that we’ll revisit this topic over the next few months, I’m just going to leave you with this little teaser.

Instead, I’m thinking about London itself. In the frenzy of term-time, whether it’s the height of exam week, or the depths of recruiting season, I think it becomes a little too easy to take the incredible location of our business school for granted. Even for me, practically a native Londoner, sometimes a treasure like Primrose Hill can be a mere kilometre away from campus but feel way too far away when that last paragraph on your fourteenth cover letter still needs to be edited.

And yet, the London location is truly one of LBS’ competitive advantages. We enjoy world-class cuisine, exceptional culture and night-life, a plethora of desirable potential employers, and, of course, those startlingly attractive vistas. Location is, I think, an oft-overlooked but crucial aspect of any decision to uproot one’s life for even a period of two years. I’m pretty sure that even my busiest classmates will attest to that, and also would probably report that the payoff from relocating to London in particular is wholly worthwhile.

I probably can’t do London justice in the context of this simple blog, so I’ll stop here, but I do encourage any readers that if they haven’t made the trip to our great city yet, then they really must do so post haste. And for those who have been once already, come again. I assure you that there’s still plenty to discover here.

“I have conversed with the Spiritual Sun. I saw him on Primrose Hill.” – William Blake, 1757-1827

*P.S. – if you want a taster of the view to which I refer, clever Google Street View has some great views: just use 51°32’21.9″N 0°09’40.6″W

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Guys, We are starting the chat in 5 minutes. If you are around join us in the chat room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Narenn wrote:
AnnouncementLive Q&A with LBS Alumna and Admission Expert

Happy 2016 to all!! We are delighted to inform you that we are holding a chat session with Christine Lin, Founder of Marvel Admissions Consulting and LBS Alumna. Christine has been conducting alumni interviews and evaluating candidates for London Business School since 2002. She is currently serving as the President of London Business School Los Angeles Alumni Club. This is best opportunity for you to learn about what LBS looks in applicants as well as discuss your questions about LBS's admission process. So save this event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room on this Thursday with your questions.

Date: January 14, 2016. Thursday
Time: 9 AM Pacific Time
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi Narenn,

Kindly share the log / transcript of yesterday's chat session
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Weird but seems like there are very few applicants for R2 this time around... how is everyone holding up? This wait is nerve wracking!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
abhinay.anand wrote:
Weird but seems like there are very few applicants for R2 this time around... how is everyone holding up? This wait is nerve wracking!

People are probably waiting February to register in the forums ! But the forums this year and R2 all seem to be pretty dead ! We still have 15d to wait anyway before hearing anything...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Flo17 wrote:
abhinay.anand wrote:

People are probably waiting February to register in the forums ! But the forums this year and R2 all seem to be pretty dead ! We still have 15d to wait anyway before hearing anything...

I guess people start talking more on the forum a bit before the deadlines and after receiving results.
The wait is really almost unbearable!!!
But notice this won't be the worst period of wait... Interview decision will be released at Feb 03 and they may schedule your interview on the second week of Feb. Final results are only at the end of March!!! Prepare your nerves very well! :crazy:

:gl
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: GMAT: Practice Makes Perfect
At London Business School, we are committed to ensuring our students are motivated, better prepared and of an incredibly high standard. GMAT (or GRE) are entry requirements for a number of our programmes, which you can opt to take prior to selecting your School or programme or as part of the application process. If you […]

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Insights from Julia Marsh, Executive Director for the Leadership Programmes Portfolio at London Business School
We caught up with Julia after the Christmas break, bringing in January classes of the Executive MBA, and the Sloan MSc in Leadership and Strategy, and looking ahead to the next cohort of the EMBA-Global in May – so we asked her a few questions…   The EMBA-Global Americas and Europe and the sister cohort […]

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: It’s not too late to enhance your finance career with our part-time Masters in Finance
Many experienced professionals considering business school ignore undertaking a Master’s degree – this is a common mistake! Although most Master’s degrees are indeed aimed at recent graduates,  London Business School has a portfolio of programmes specifically designed for more experienced finance professionals – including our Masters in Finance programme, consistently ranked the number #1 post-experience […]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi I am considering of applying to LBS for round 3 . I send my resume to LBS for profile evaluation and I got very positive response from them . Do they send such kind of positive response to only potential candidates or it is a routine practice to send such response to all candidates . LBS MBA is a very costly program . Are they as generous as US business schools in granting scholarships ?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Welcoming the Sloan2016 class
On Monday 11 January, the Recruitment and Admissions team welcomed the Sloan 2016 class on campus. It was fantastic to see all the students come together for the first time. Some of them already met at the Welcome drinks we organised for our new Executive MBA and Sloan MSc students back in December. As soon as our […]

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts