Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: LBS '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi everyone.

I'm finishing my application for Round 2 in London Business School.

I don't know if this is even possible but, can I withdraw the application and submit it in, say, round 3?

Even if it's possible, will that be seen as a bad move by the admissions committee?

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi jhalonso,

If you say you're "finishing" does that mean you have not submitted and paid your application fee yet? If so, all you'd need to do is just not hit the final "submit" and your application should go into Round 3 instead rather than withdrawing it. It would seem quite odd to the adcom for you to request withdrawal of a submitted application only to re-submit in a later round. I'm not sure if this would be positive or negative - it would probably depend on your reason for doing this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
xyeek wrote:
Hi jhalonso,

If you say you're "finishing" does that mean you have not submitted and paid your application fee yet? If so, all you'd need to do is just not hit the final "submit" and your application should go into Round 3 instead rather than withdrawing it. It would seem quite odd to the adcom for you to request withdrawal of a submitted application only to re-submit in a later round. I'm not sure if this would be positive or negative - it would probably depend on your reason for doing this.

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that I'm finishing my essays and lacking a final "polishing" of the whole application. That's why I'm considering waiting for the next round. That would help me making even more research and probably improving it. So, you think, even the references will stay "stored" if I don't send it by January 5th and everything will go into the 3rd round?

By the way, I'm new in here, but I think I've read you've already been admitted in the 1st round, so congratulations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Well if you feel that your application still needs some polish that you can't get done by the R2 deadline, then by all means only submit it for R3. You can confirm with the LBS adcom when they return on 4 Jan if you like, but as far as I'm aware, as long as you're applying for the same intake, your application is stored and will go into whatever the next available round is when you hit submit i.e. if you hit submit before the R2 deadine it'll go in for R2, if after the R2 deadline, it'll go in for R3. Definitely your recommendations will be stored.

Thanks, yes I was admitted in R1 :) Good luck with your application and hope to meet you in London later this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
niddy wrote:
Just a quick reminder for R2 applicants!
The deadline is coming (Jan 5).
Concentrate on finishing it!
Don't forget to check if your references are filled out by your referees.

You have less than a week, but is enough time if you already have drafts and strategies defined.

Happy New Year to all!
And hope we'll be together in London in 2016!

Regards,

Do you know if the application will be sumbitted without both refereces? or if they dont hit sibmit will I miss the deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Any idea what time is the deadline on the 5th Jan? The website doesn't mention a time, so can we we assume until 5pm GMT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ZoSoKM wrote:
Any idea what time is the deadline on the 5th Jan? The website doesn't mention a time, so can we we assume until 5pm GMT?

Everything I've read everywhere sticks to that premise : all deadlines are by 5PM London time.

So yeah, you can still follow that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hi, my name is Pradhyoth. I am based out of India. I am currently in the final stages of my GMAT preparation and planning to apply to LBS in R3. I am having 5 years experience in the banking industry with exposure to commercial banking, credit risk and also market & operational risk. I am a commerce graduate with 67% in my undergrad. What should be my ideal GMAT score taking into account my undergrad % and also my demographic background. Will the fact that I am an Indian applicant have any impact on the GMAT score required to get through?

I am looking to shift my career towards consulting with focus on strategy/risk/banking. Can you please guide me as to how LBS would help me in achieving my goals and how strong it is in placing me with MBB?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Pradhyoth
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xyeek wrote:
Well if you feel that your application still needs some polish that you can't get done by the R2 deadline, then by all means only submit it for R3. You can confirm with the LBS adcom when they return on 4 Jan if you like, but as far as I'm aware, as long as you're applying for the same intake, your application is stored and will go into whatever the next available round is when you hit submit i.e. if you hit submit before the R2 deadine it'll go in for R2, if after the R2 deadline, it'll go in for R3. Definitely your recommendations will be stored.

Thanks, yes I was admitted in R1 :) Good luck with your application and hope to meet you in London later this year.

xyeek is right!

Just leave it unfinished.
Your application will only be reviewed when it is complete!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mexcango wrote:
niddy wrote:
Just a quick reminder for R2 applicants!
The deadline is coming (Jan 5).
Concentrate on finishing it!
Don't forget to check if your references are filled out by your referees.

You have less than a week, but is enough time if you already have drafts and strategies defined.

Happy New Year to all!
And hope we'll be together in London in 2016!

Regards,

Do you know if the application will be sumbitted without both refereces? or if they dont hit sibmit will I miss the deadline?

You will miss the deadline. Unless you write them and explain your situation before the deadline.
There was an applicant on R1 that had his/her referee on a business trip and could not finish it by the deadline and the ADCOM said they would consider it for R1 if everything else was completed. I do not know the details.
If you have a strong reason not to have your references by the deadline, I suggest you write to the ADCOM now!
Just explain your case and ask if you will be considered for R2.

Regards,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatprep16 wrote:
Hi, my name is Pradhyoth. I am based out of India. I am currently in the final stages of my GMAT preparation and planning to apply to LBS in R3. I am having 5 years experience in the banking industry with exposure to commercial banking, credit risk and also market & operational risk. I am a commerce graduate with 67% in my undergrad. What should be my ideal GMAT score taking into account my undergrad % and also my demographic background. Will the fact that I am an Indian applicant have any impact on the GMAT score required to get through?

I am looking to shift my career towards consulting with focus on strategy/risk/banking. Can you please guide me as to how LBS would help me in achieving my goals and how strong it is in placing me with MBB?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Pradhyoth

Pradhyoth,

that's a tricky question... But LBS Adcom once told me that they consider a GMAT over 650 as competitive (it doesn't mean you won't get in with a lower score, but it also doesn't guarantee your place there!).
I am no expert, but from everything I've heard and seen, a GMAT higher than 700 is very import in several cases: Indians (specially the ones in IT), and people aiming Finance and MBB/Other Consulting.
I'm was admitted at LBS with a 660 GMAT but I'm not Indian nor aiming these industries...

I'm not really in the place to evaluate ur particular case, but if I were in your shoes I would aim around 730-760.
Have you taken any CATs? How are your scores so far?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Submitted for R2...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
App submitted, good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Design (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Just managed to submit my application in R2 with an hour to spare! ATB everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello,

I submitted my R2 application for LBS and today while reviewing the submitted application I came across that there was a short answer question:

"We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response?"

While preparing my application on the portal, I am sure there was no text box to answer this question, so I did not answer it. Did anyone else faced the same problem?
If there was space to answer the question, the portal would have given error while validating the section.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure my application is not rejected.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools: LBS '18 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
BlueDonkey wrote:
Hello,

I submitted my R2 application for LBS and today while reviewing the submitted application I came across that there was a short answer question:

"We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response?"

While preparing my application on the portal, I am sure there was no text box to answer this question, so I did not answer it. Did anyone else faced the same problem?
If there was space to answer the question, the portal would have given error while validating the section.

Thanks

This happened to me too, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to enter text in the box. In any case, it may just have been the nerves of trying to submit!

I've read through the threads and from what I gather, two accepted applicants also left this blank. It doesn't necessarily apply to me so I'm not going to worry about not having completed it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mba48 wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

This happened to me too, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to enter text in the box. In any case, it may just have been the nerves of trying to submit!

I've read through the threads and from what I gather, two accepted applicants also left this blank. It doesn't necessarily apply to me so I'm not going to worry about not having completed it!

Thanks buddy! Thats some relief.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts