Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi All,

Thanks Naren for starting this thread!

I am a prospective applicant for the Weekend programs. I have been attending the on-campus info-sessions, lunches, student events etc over the past couple of months and interested in the Kellogg/Ross/Booth programs starting Spring/Summer 2017. I did my undergrad engineering in India, worked/interned for almost 20 months, then moved to the USA for my masters in engineering. Been working full-time for little over 6 years now in the Mid-west after my Masters. Currently an engineer with an MNC in the field of Mechanical Design automation.

Am done with my GMAT and other stuff and currently in the process of writing my essays, recommendations, transcripts etc. Hope to get everything ready and get my application done within the next month! Looking forward to seeing interesting discussions here! Good luck to all :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q48 V15
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
mailneelk wrote:
Hi All,

I am a prospective applicant for the Weekend programs. I have been attending the on-campus info-sessions, lunches, student events etc over the past couple of months and interested in the Kellogg/Ross/Booth programs starting Spring/Summer 2017. I did my undergrad engineering in India, worked/interned for almost 20 months, then moved to the USA for my masters in engineering. Been working full-time for little over 6 years now in the Mid-west after my Masters. Currently an engineer with an MNC in the field of Mechanical Design automation.

Am done with my GMAT and other stuff and currently in the process of writing my essays, recommendations, transcripts etc. Hope to get everything ready and get my application done within the next month! Looking forward to seeing interesting discussions here! Good luck to all :)

Hi Mailneelk,

How did you decide to not join Admission Consulting and do all by yourself. I too am done with my GMAT and just started thinking about application process. It would be nice to get in touch with you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
adarshshetty wrote:
mailneelk wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Mailneelk,

How did you decide to not join Admission Consulting and do all by yourself. I too am done with my GMAT and just started thinking about application process. It would be nice to get in touch with you.

I too just took the GMAT and am applying to Booth/Kellogg. I have an comp sci background and live in the midwest. I am def not going to be using any admission consulting, I have a lot of friends who go to booth and kellogg and their GMAT scores were not above 660. None of them did admission consulting either.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Sorry for the late reply. As Storm9 mentioned, I talked to a few current and ex-students and none of them seemed to have used the help of consultants. Personally, I do not think that consultants add any great value either, unless you have something specific to overcome such as low GPA, struggling with essays etc. If you are sufficiently informed, do the requisite research online and know what you want out of an MBA, then being straightforward in your application and doing it yourself is the way to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q48 V15
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bookmarks
That is good to know. I still haven't figured out what type of an MBA should I be doing being a Computer Science/IT engineer. It doesn't make sense to do it just to raise higher in the corporate ladder, I am trying to figure out what is that thing that I want and whether an MBA can help me gain.

Kellogg is a great school, does anybody know how competitive are students in part-time vs full-time. I know there is no/very less compromise in quality but what about the students itself. After all we learn from peers!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys, I request you all to add Kellogg Part Time MBA program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2020'.

Attachment:
Kellogg_PT.png
Kellogg_PT.png [ 48.19 KiB | Viewed 13713 times ]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Has anyone applied for the Winter intake and heard back? I interviewed 3 weeks ago and am curious if decisions are being communicated already.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
I heard back form the admissions committee in 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I got my admit within 4 weeks of my interview. I applied for the Summer Saturday program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks everyone! I got the good news shortly after I posted my original message, so about 3 weeks. Looking forward to January.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
I GOT IN!!! :) Just got the call at 11 AM this morning (CST).

Interviewed on 10/11, Submitted the last Rec letter on 10/17. So it took roughly 4 weeks to hear back. I am elated.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all Winter admits. Out of 9 applicants, 3 admits and 6 unknown decisions. I request everyone to update their forum status on app tracker as you get your decision.

Admitted students mind telling us a little bit about their professional backgrounds? Thank you!

Attachment:
Kellogg_Evening.png
Kellogg_Evening.png [ 74.94 KiB | Viewed 12499 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
Sure Narenn, I got admitted for Spring 2017 but I'll share my exp if it's useful.

GMAT and GPA are on my profile (from Urbana/Champaign, Economics Major)

I will have 3 years WE upon matriculation but it's very solid experience. Started at a national home improvement company young at 21 years old (graduated college a semester early) Went from Jr Business Analyst to shedding the Jr title in 11 months, then was promoted to Supervisor of the analytics team in another 11 months. So, I was managing the analytics team I started on at 23 years old. I had almost a year of that under my belt when I applied. Also reporting to EVP Sales, so I have pretty frequent communication w/ senior management (it's a pretty close knit, flat company)

I think that my WE buoyed my GMAT and GPA quite a bit. I really didn't feel like my interview was incredibly solid, but apparently it was enough to get in. I applied on 10/2, interviewed 10/11, had the last recommendation come in on 10/17, and got the call in the morning on 11/11 :) super excited and congrats to fellow admits!!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
I have been admitted for Spring 2017! Received the call on Friday and am looking forward to getting to know my fellow classmates. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts