It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
Re: Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 13:26
cieyotawild and alxmarie congrats on getting in! How was your interview experience? Any suggestions? I am interviewing this Friday for Summer/Weekend.

cieyotawild seems like we have similar WE! My primary experience has also been in Retail/Ecommerce.

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2017, 14:56
Just interviewed today at Kellogg for the Saturday/Accelerated program. The interview overall was really laid back and a really pleasant experience. It went about 35 minutes. The interview went really well - I actually left feeling like it couldn't have gone any better! But I guess I'll find out in the next couple weeks the final decision. Fingers crossed!! Good luck to anyone else who is applying/interviewing as well.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 09:33
Sorry for the late response just saw this! I work analytics for a retail company :) I think it definitely helped my chances.

I'm sure your interview went great but I would recommend just to sit tight at this point and hope for the best. The interview was pretty casual and just showing that you're a prize I think is the best recommendation.

My stats were ok (660 GMAT, 3.2 gpa from U of Illinois) so I think I got in off of the strength of my interview and WE. That's good news, because it means that no one portion of your application can really sink you, it's the entire package. I have managerial experience at 23 yo so that definitely helped. It took like 4 weeks after the interview to hear back so good luck!!! And keep a positive attitude, I was fearing the worst until I got the call!

stp015 wrote:
cieyotawild and alxmarie congrats on getting in! How was your interview experience? Any suggestions? I am interviewing this Friday for Summer/Weekend.

cieyotawild seems like we have similar WE! My primary experience has also been in Retail/Ecommerce.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 08:40
Just heard back yesterday around noon CST that I am accepted for Spring 2017. May defer to Fall. Still waiting to hear back from Booth. Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.2
Masters GPA: 3.8
GRE: Q-165 V-157 (coverts to 670 GMAT)
WE: 6 years (4 in Finance / 2 in Tech)
Submitted App: 1/12
Interview: 1/21

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 12:41
larryt1026 wrote:
Just heard back yesterday around noon CST that I am accepted for Spring 2017. May defer to Fall. Still waiting to hear back from Booth. Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.2
Masters GPA: 3.8
GRE: Q-165 V-157 (coverts to 670 GMAT)
WE: 6 years (4 in Finance / 2 in Tech)
Submitted App: 1/12
Interview: 1/21

Congrats on getting in! Seems like it only took you about 2 weeks to hear back. Are you doing evening or weekend?

cieyotawild thanks! Trying to sit back and wait, fingers crossed.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 18:37
I also got a call 2-3 weeks after the interview with the good news. Good luck and congratulations everyone!

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2017, 00:46
Fellow members,

I am an international student (from india) working here on H1B. I have weekend MBA admits from Kellogg and would like to know from fellow international students whether General Motors and Ford hire international students (sponsor) MBA grads out of this school? (My concentration will be Marketing or strategy)
I have heard mixed answers from people and want to get insight from someone who actually went through the process and currently works in one of these companies.

I greatly appreciate any input from such students/professionals.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 16:27
Just got the phone call - I AM IN!!! I can't contain my excitement!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 15:50
That's awesome!! Congrats to you!!

stp015 wrote:

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 18:55
stp015 wrote:

Can you shed some light on the interview? Possibly share some interview questions? I have mine this weekend.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 00:21
zainmamood1 wrote:
stp015 wrote:

Can you shed some light on the interview? Possibly share some interview questions? I have mine this weekend.

It was pretty straight-forward, went about 40-45 minutes. Very friendly and laid-back. The questions were pretty straight forward: walk me through your resume, why MBA, why now, why Kellogg, what would you get involved in at Kellogg, example of team leadership, example where you took on an initiative, strengths/weaknesses. Afterwards he introduced himself as an alumni, and then we talked for a while about his experience in the program.

Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 20:00
Hey guys, I got accepted to the Summer Quarter Saturday program. I currently live in Detroit and am deciding between Kellogg PT or Ross PT. Is anyone else planning on commuting from outside of IL? If so, how far is your commute? How do you plan to manage it? Where are you planning on staying in Chicago every weekend? Is anyone planning on moving to Chicago for the school?

Intern
Intern
B

Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 09:14
zainmamood1 wrote:
Hey guys, I got accepted to the Summer Quarter Saturday program. I currently live in Detroit and am deciding between Kellogg PT or Ross PT. Is anyone else planning on commuting from outside of IL? If so, how far is your commute? How do you plan to manage it? Where are you planning on staying in Chicago every weekend? Is anyone planning on moving to Chicago for the school?

Congrats! I am out-of-state as well - I live in Seattle and am actually planning on relocating to the Chicago area this June. I was looking at commuting on the weekends as well until I found out my company was letting me relocate. My plan was to fly in Friday nights and fly out Saturday nights after classes, thereby only needing to pay one night at a hotel. Kellogg offers discounted rates at hotels in the area and they also offer free Uber rides to/from airport for weekend students. I'm sure your commute would be much easier though, coming from Detroit! If you want to chat about anything, including relocation, let me know.

I'm also starting in the summer, so hope to see you at CIM or in class!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 16:10
Anyone else here planning on starting this summer in June? I'm moving to the area, would love to connect with others who are also starting this year. Perhaps a Whatsapp group, if there isn't one already?

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 19:04
Got into the part-time program at Kellogg as well. Come from a software engineering background. Originally from Seattle, planning to move to the Chicago area. Am pretty excited myself! Looking forward to getting to know my fellow cohort members here!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 10:17
catchharish wrote:
Got into the part-time program at Kellogg as well. Come from a software engineering background. Originally from Seattle, planning to move to the Chicago area. Am pretty excited myself! Looking forward to getting to know my fellow cohort members here!

Catchharish, did you have a job lined up in Chicago when you applied? I would like to apply for the fall but I currently live out of state. I am not sure if they would let me apply if I do not have a job lined up in Chicagoland at the time they read my application.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 10:33
irishbill89 wrote:
catchharish wrote:

Catchharish, did you have a job lined up in Chicago when you applied? I would like to apply for the fall but I currently live out of state. I am not sure if they would let me apply if I do not have a job lined up in Chicagoland at the time they read my application.

Hey - is your company not allowing you to relocate to Chicago? I am also moving from Seattle to Chicago to start with Kellogg in the summer, but I am relocating with my current company. I've heard of some out-of-state people who were accepted but tried to find a new job in the Chicago area. Kellogg doesn't require you to have a job lined up in Chicago, but you do need to be employed.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 10:59
stp015 wrote:
irishbill89 wrote:
catchharish wrote:

Hey - is your company not allowing you to relocate to Chicago? I am also moving from Seattle to Chicago to start with Kellogg in the summer, but I am relocating with my current company. I've heard of some out-of-state people who were accepted but tried to find a new job in the Chicago area. Kellogg doesn't require you to have a job lined up in Chicago, but you do need to be employed.

My family is moving to Chicago for my wife's job, and unfortunately my current employer does not have a Chicago office.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 14:51
stp015 wrote:
Anyone else here planning on starting this summer in June? I'm moving to the area, would love to connect with others who are also starting this year. Perhaps a Whatsapp group, if there isn't one already?

I highly recommend starting one. Kellogg does a GREAT job building a sense of community, so getting a head start is great.

I've just started for the Spring Quarter, and the experience has been great so far. My cohort has a Whatsapp group as well and it's been great for socializing, planning as a group, and asking any potential questions.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2017, 09:16
irishbill89 wrote:

Hello irishbill, I currently do not have a job lined up in Chicago nor did I have one at the time of application. I am still weighing the pros and cons of pursuing a weekend program from Seattle vs moving to Chicago. At this point, I am leaning towards moving to Chicago, because i can save money on travel and I also hope to interact more and better with my cohort if I was local to Chicago. Answering your question I don't think the admission officers Kellogg expect you to have a job lined up at Chicago at the time of application. After all the entire part-time program is all about professionals working across the country while pursuing an MBA.

Having said that definitely, do have a job in whichever place you are currently located at the time of application!

Hope that answers your question

Re: Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2017, 09:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 80 posts ] 

Calling Kellogg Part Time MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap