Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 02:53 It is currently 08 May 2024, 02:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3603 [5]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, General
Schools:INSEAD, ISB
 Q51  V40
WE 1: credit analyst 4yrs
WE 2: equity analyst 1yr
WE 3: tax associate 7months
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Re: Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]
Kudos
Has anybody written the GMAT exam in the Ranchi centre? (India)

I am confused between the Ranchi and Bhubaneswar centres. Any feedback will be immensely helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
Kudos
satts wrote:
Anyone with review for the Mumbai Andheri center

I had a tough time finding a review for this center, so here we go. Please note, I have never done a test anywhere else so I don't have any reference points.

Center Name : Pearson Vue - Solitaire Corporate Park (Andheri East)
City & Country : Mumbai, India
Parking facility : There was plenty of parking on the campus. I would just call ahead of time to ensure they have some spots of their own. I Ubered there myself.
Invigilator Reviews : They were nice enough.
Environment : It's on a corporate center so a bit away from the road. You don't need to worry about hearing noises from outside. The center was clean, well maintained, etc. I didn't have any issues.
Rating 5/5 : 5
Additional Info :

Scratch boards: Before the test when I asked, they said I needed to finish my entire board before I could have a new one (even between sections). You could argue this point and say that technically it's okay to switch it out at the break (citing that you called GMAC). But I decided to keep things cordial and just ensure that I filled up my board by the end of IR. That said, they didn't do a careful check when I requested a new board.

Ear plugs are provided and worked very well to block out the typing of my neighbors (people can be there for other tests too FYI).

It's a big center (much bigger I'm told than the Marine Lines center). There are about 15 stations. But with the earplugs there really weren't any distractions. I took it on a Monday and there were only 4 of us taking tests.

Nothing else to say. No issues with this test centre. If you read some advice threads on forums for test day, there shouldn't be any surprises. Go for it!

Debrief Link : Haven't done one
Do's & Don't s :
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [2]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Kudos
athoopal wrote:
Any reviews of the South Mumbai test center?

I am assuming you are talking about "Think Education Advisory Services LLP" in Marine lines, Mumbai

This center is really bad and I would say need some attention from GMAC.

Facility location and noise from outside is ok. The lady and the other staff member there really want to get their nose into everything that a candidate is doing. Highly unprofessional. No wonder, you can get an appointment there just a day in advance!!

First of all, when I gave a test there, they needed to make a contact with server for 3 times. This resulted in delay in starting the test. It also lead to my quant verbal break being extended to 20+ mins. Such anomalies are not to your advantage. More time simply doesnt mean that you get good refresher. In the middle of exam, such technical glitches frustrated. The same thing did happen in the beginning of the test. Plus, the lady talks a hell lot in between such breaks. I believe most us use 8 min break to put ourself together, not to talk about random new topic with faculty at test center.

The testing area is separated from rest of the facility, where the staff sits, by a very thin and noisy door. The door keeps on banging now and then. Plus, the technical glitches that happened with couple of candidates disturbs the others as well, as the staff enters the testing room and makes phone calls to sort out the technical login issues. Not to mention, the staff keeps talking outside the testing room, leading to noise inside the testing area as well. The staff also have tendency to put their nose into candidates screen when he is done with the test and filling up personal details, just before the result screen. Such unprofessional intrusion disturbs other candidates. Why would they need to come and say what to fill up and what not to? I mean, there is no need to do so and I dont even think GMAC wants staff to do so. Such behaviour when coupled with small testing area that accommodates 6 or 8 candiate back to back is the recipe for disaster.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT Date: 08-29-2013
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

It seems people are reading reviews of test centers here and not leaving a review of their test centers after the GMAT. We are a big community and our preparation for good GMAT score depends on the interaction with each other. If we are not helping others with our experiences and solving each other queries their is no point of just reading and scrolling through the page. Some of the test centers in the past have been closed and some are fairly new. Its very sure that many people sitting for GMAT have gone through this thread before booking their dates and checking out reviews for the test centers. I kindly request everyone that share your test center reviews and spread some word (good or bad) about the it. Remember the test is not cheap and everyone should make the best of their investments. Study hard and never settle !!

Test center for Dwarka in sector 23 is not showing in the list while booking the test date. Is anyone facing same issue? Therefore I am looking for some reviews/feedback on Ansal University, Gurgaon Test Center for GMAT. What do you think about this center? Noise level / Bathrooms / disturbance level / Invigilators / Atmosphere etc. A quick review from you guys would be deeply appreciated. Thank you guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, I did appear at the Noida centre. The centre is good with all facilities available. People are nice, set up is new and very good. They would give you noise cancellation headset and ear plugs as well. GO FOR IT !

Good luck for your exam!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
Took the GMAT exam today at the Pearson Vue Center - Noida. Would rate it 5/5. Its located in a commercial office building and has ample parking space. The washrooms are located on the same floor as the test center and within walking distance. The center is new as it began operations only a few months back. The center had pin-drop silence and the staff was very professional and helpful. The chairs were really comfortable and they provide you with noise cancellation headphones and 3M earplugs. They provide you with the 0.4mm Staedtler non permanent lumocolor marker which is much easier to write with than some other thicker ones. Faced dry marker issues during the verbal section and the staff was prompt in replacing them. The whole experience was great. Can't think of any flaw.

Originally posted by ac556 on 22 Nov 2016, 12:38.
Last edited by ac556 on 15 Dec 2016, 04:53, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
kochikame wrote:
Yes please, any review for the test Centre Sakar Edutech Private Ltd. Jaipur, India would be highly appreciated..

I am a resident of Jaipur and given GMAT one time in Sakar Edutech Private Ltd., Jaipur. Exam comfort is a very important factor to achieve a big score but I think it is not what you are going to get there. I think it is one of the pathetic centers one could come across. It is the only Pearson Vue authorized center in Jaipur which force people sometime to take it as they lack options.

Negative aspects of the center: 1) It is a very small building ( rather a single room) in an old office complex in MI Road. The Computer systems are very old and the cabin space is very congested. It is the same situation as in a computer lab of some private teaching centers.
2) There is no locker room facility which is the worst part of it. There is one almirah with no locking facility. The safety of your personal lingers on your mind while taking test.
3) The worst part is that they always lack with amenities like writing pad, pens etc. I remember the instance when a boy who was taking test along with me asked for extra writing pad. But the invigilator said that they do not have it. We all were shocked. He told us in our break that Pearson Vue supply all the materials to the center. He has coordinated with them but they have not supplied materials yet. Things like ear-plugs and head plugs are out of league things in this place; but as per Pearson Vue standards they are compulsory things to be provided by the center to their candidates irrespective of whether they use it or not.
4) Adjacent to the room where we took test, there was a classroom where computer classes use to take place. Noise of the teaching and rumble of student made it worse.
5) Sometimes construction activities also does carry out because it is a old office complex after all.
6) Last but not the least are bathroom facilities which is pathetic. it looked like some public bathroom with no cleanliness and broken window. I am not writing this out of the fact that I want a 5 star kind of center for my test but writing due to the reason that every candidate deserves a minimum level of exam comfort.

Positive aspects of the center: 1) if you are resident of Jaipur and specially live near MI road then it will be a convenient center to give exam.
2) Invigilator was very cooperative and tried his best to provide all the facilities at his disposal.

Suggestion: It is far better to opt for some good center in Delhi if you can travel a bit. For example- Pearson professional Center Noida sector 16 A , Ansal University Gurgaon will be my recommendations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Kudos
I took the exam in Prague (GOPAS). I am very satisfied with my experience there (I did not expect much though).

There are only 4 places available, so it is not so crowded (and with me maximum people were three, although most of them time just two of us). We got noise cancelling headphones and earplugs. I have never used earplugs but noise cancelling heaphones were great. I also received tissues (and of course pad and two pens).
The staff was in other room watching through cameras. Whenever I raised my hand they showed immediately. They were patient in explaining me exactly what I can or cannot do. Because I am not from Czech Republic and I arrived to Prague just for the exam, I had a backpack with me. They were understanding to that and offer me two lockers - one for my backpack and one for the snacks which I took with me for the exam. In the centre there was free coffee, chocolate, water, coke which was a nice touch (especially espresso saved me). You cannot leave the centre at any time. It took me around 6 minutes to use the toilet and get espresso and water, eat my snack and come back to the room.

When I arrived they firstly asked if I want a coffee and if I need anything which was also nice, I could feel there is no rush even if I was only 10 minutes before the time. The attitude of the staff was to make that experience as good as possible so I can pass the exam perfectly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: general
Schools:hbs, haas, sloan, anderson, stanford
 Q49  V33 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Vue (Next to Manipal Center)
City & Country : Bangalore, India
Parking facility : Big problem finding parking
Invigilator Reviews : Helpful,Polite,Efficient. They gave extra sheets even before I needed them.
Environment : Quiet. Use ear-plugs if you cannot tolerate the keyboard typing sounds of others :)
Rating 5/5 : 4/5 (cut one mark for parking problems)

Debrief Link : from-660-to-97293.html
Additional Info : NA
Do's & Don't s : NA

Originally posted by abhishekkhurana on 17 Jul 2010, 20:16.
Last edited by gurpreetsingh on 23 Jul 2010, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
Added Debrief Link
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 334 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Vue (Next to Manipal Center)
City & Country : Bangalore, India
Parking facility : Parking is an issue on Dickenson Road.
Invigilator Reviews : Professional and helpful.
Environment : Quiet. A bit cramped so typing and coughing can get distracting. Would be wise to take earplugs in (they provide them). Clean toilet and drinking water provided. Ambient temperature is pleasant so you won't require layers.
Rating 5/5 : 4.5/5

Debrief Link : thank-you-gmatclub-97132.html

Originally posted by AbhayPrasanna on 19 Jul 2010, 09:47.
Last edited by gurpreetsingh on 23 Jul 2010, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Added Debrief Link
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 929 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Vue (above Nike showroom in Begumpet)
City & Country : Hyderabad, India
Parking facility : Underground basement for parking.
Invigilator Reviews : Professional.
Environment : Comfortable. Ear plugs provided. Lockers are rather small. Not allowed to wear jacket over the t-shirt for security reasons.
Rating 5/5 : 4/5

Debrief Link : done-and-dusted-730-q49-v40-97838.html

Originally posted by sidhu4u on 23 Jul 2010, 12:33.
Last edited by gurpreetsingh on 23 Jul 2010, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Added Debrief Link
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Vue
City & Country : Wayne, PA USA
Parking facility : Plenty
Invigilator Reviews : Professional.
Environment : Comfortable. Ear plugs/noise cancelling head phones provided. Lockers are big enough.
Rating 5/5 : 5/5
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Singapore Pearson VUE
City & Country : Singapore
Parking facility : Not present. Would be expensive as the location is CBD
Invigilator Reviews : They could be more helpful before the test starts. o waiting area. Had to wait outside center for around 20 minutes with no chairs
Environment : Ok. You can hear keyboard noise of other test takers
Rating 5/5 : 3.5
Additional Info : Toilets are close by, not sure about the smoking area as I do not smoke.
Debrief Link : my-gmat-experience-98021.html
Do's & Don't s : Be on time. Not before not later. Don't bring red bulls, anything to eat, the time for optional breaks would only allow you to go for toilet and may be sip some water. Also note that they DO NOT provide water. You need to take one.

Originally posted by chichaniashish on 26 Jul 2010, 08:13.
Last edited by gurpreetsingh on 26 Jul 2010, 23:49, edited 2 times in total.
Added Debrief Link
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&amp;A)
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Professional Centers, 100 William St.
City & Country : New York, NY
Parking facility : Private garages nearby, but expensive. Easily accessible by public transportation
Invigilator Reviews : Helpful and professional.
Environment : Relatively quiet.
Additional Info : Make sure to carefully read the ID requirements; while US citizens should only need a driver's license, others may need a passport or more.
Debrief Link : 770-q48-v51-thanks-gmatclub-83370.html
Do's & Don't s : Don't show up "on time". Show up 30 mins early just in case. However, if you're running late - don't panic. They don't start your timer for the test until you actually sit down at the computer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Center Name : Pearson Professional Centres-London Holborn
City & Country : London UK
Parking facility : None AKA in central London? Bwahahahaha!
Invigilator Reviews : Polite, efficient - did not offer to test pen ;)
Environment : Quiet, desk approx 1.5m square with high dividers. No ear plugs provided but headphones are present (I guess for tests that need them)
Additional Info : Test scratch pad was not like the one shown here. It was in fact laminated white A4 sheets with a heavy black grid sectioned into rectangles about 10mm x 7mm. I forgot to count how many pages were provided but there were at least 10 sides which was more than adequate.
Debrief Link : https://gmatclub.com/forum/740-q49-v42-awa-98204.html
Do's & Don't s : Don't change your routine based on what worked for other people
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3603 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
whiplash2411 wrote:
Hey guys,

I think creating a Google Doc Form would be much easier than filling it out like this. It also automatically creates a spreadsheet with answers that can be viewed by anyone with proper access. I feel that this would be a much more efficient way of doing this. Gurpreet, consider this suggestion. The link is attached below:

Form

The spreadsheet can be found here. Spreadsheet

Maybe you can add a link to the first post. Or something where people can fill this out whenever they write a debrief :)

Great suggestion, but its not good to link externally if we can achieve the purpose here. I have created one table ,and I will update all the reviews in a day or two. I need to format it properly, but this is just an example. For further discussion please PM me, as this thread should not have any discussion.
Hope you understand.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2934 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Kudos
sandeep800 wrote:
HI can any one rate delhi and gurgaon centre please..

Thanx

Center Name : Pearson Professional Centers-New Delhi
City & Country : New Delhi, India
Parking facility : Yes, but busy because of metro works ... get someone else to drive if possible
Invigilator Reviews : Friendly & helpful, didn't experience any problems
Environment : Test area was maintained in silence, waiting area was spacious enough; no complaints
Rating 5/5 : 5.0
Additional Info : There is adequate lockers and a water cooler inside. Plenty of space to keep your in-break snacks
Debrief Link :https://gmatclub.com/forum/t-14-to-lift-off-target-100835.html
Do's & Don't s :The test center is good, and meets/exceeds expectations in most regards. Just remember try not to drive there yourself, if its not in the morning, it might be a headache to find parking
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8