Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone know if an interviewer has only a resume with him, or a full application package?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Resume, provided by the candidate.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Anyone hear anything today I was kinda expecting a blast based on last years timing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know whether HBS's new field program has impacted Stanford's application number?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
guys,anyone knows any candidate fron europe(except Britain)getting the invites and when??

seems it went through interational first and then mainly US now, but Europe was all the way quiet, unless people are not active enough:(((
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
summerbreeze118 wrote:
guys,anyone knows any candidate fron europe(except Britain)getting the invites and when??

seems it went through interational first and then mainly US now, but Europe was all the way quiet, unless people are not active enough:(((

I've been wondering about that too... Maybe there's just not too many Europeans on this forum? At any rate, I am pretty sure that most invites did go out already, including to Europe (unfortunately).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
It has been quiet for the last week, hearing no one getting an invite on this forum
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
VibhaVKM wrote:
It has been quiet for the last week, hearing no one getting an invite on this forum

Yeah... and since it's December now, unless people here early next week, chances are slim to none that more people will be invited. :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:
VibhaVKM wrote:

Yeah... and since it's December now, unless people here early next week, chances are slim to none that more people will be invited. :/

There should be more blast right. I havnt heard of anyone getting one since monday
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
I am hanging the gloves on Stanford. Hopefully other schools come through. For some reason I always thought that HBS was harder to get in than Stanford. I know Stanford has a lower acceptance rate but i just thought it was due to small size more than anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
I am hanging the gloves on Stanford. Hopefully other schools come through. For some reason I always thought that HBS was harder to get in than Stanford. I know Stanford has a lower acceptance rate but i just thought it was due to small size more than anything.

What makes you say that Stanford is harder than HBS?

I don't think you can compare response rates from candidates between the two schools because they conduct the application process very differently.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
ml1 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:

I've been wondering about that too... Maybe there's just not too many Europeans on this forum? At any rate, I am pretty sure that most invites did go out already, including to Europe (unfortunately).

I'm from Europe but haven't heard from them unfortunately.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
esdykes wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

I don't think you can compare response rates from candidates between the two schools because they conduct the application process very differently.

Well, maybe that Stanford accepts half the percentage that Harvard does and still maintains a higher GPA and GMAT.....Easy enough.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I am planning to apply for R2 and need some inputs........what awards & honors do Indian students typically report ?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
vivekvasireddy wrote:
I am planning to apply for R2 and need some inputs........what awards & honors do Indian students typically report ?

What awards have you earned/received since college? You should focus on crafting your own story in Stanford's (or any school's) application.

Also, I don't think anybody would have stats on awards/honors that Indian applicants report; neither would have we have that information for any other nationality's applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
esdykes wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

Well, maybe that Stanford accepts half the percentage that Harvard does and still maintains a higher GPA and GMAT.....Easy enough.

Ah - okay. I thought you were saying this based only on response rates in the forum, which didn't quite add up for me. Agree on actual stats but I still wonder if that has to do with smaller class size. In either case - both are fantastic schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts