Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 14

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 22:20
Got this mail from Tepper couple of days back (was half asleep when i got this mail at 3a.m in the morning but it got me up! )

"Thank you for your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your Tepper MBA application has been processed and is now complete and under review by the Admissions Committee.

As a Round 1 applicant, you will be notified via email on December 16, 2013, when your decision is ready to be viewed. You can log into the online application system at that time to view your decision.

Due to a large volume of interview requests, admissions interviews are granted at the discretion of the admissions committee after an initial review of your application. Interview invitations can be extended at any time in the application process.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application."

Not sure what is this means ! any update from anybody else?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 9

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
linzhouu wrote:
Got this mail from Tepper couple of days back (was half asleep when i got this mail at 3a.m in the morning but it got me up! )

"Thank you for your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your Tepper MBA application has been processed and is now complete and under review by the Admissions Committee.

As a Round 1 applicant, you will be notified via email on December 16, 2013, when your decision is ready to be viewed. You can log into the online application system at that time to view your decision.

Due to a large volume of interview requests, admissions interviews are granted at the discretion of the admissions committee after an initial review of your application. Interview invitations can be extended at any time in the application process.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application."

Not sure what is this means ! any update from anybody else?

This means that they're still evaluating applications and not all the invites have gone out. So hang in there :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
WE: Investment Banking (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 07:41

Last edited by MichaelScottDMifflin on 19 Oct 2013, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 10:48
I haven't heard anything yet. Submitted my app on 10/6. keeping my fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 14:22
Hey

So i applied to Tepper in round 1 too. However, I have not received any update on my application since then! Infact, they have not even updated my transcript/test score status on the application page (i believe they are supposed to?). Anyone else whose status has not been updated yet?

Starting to really worrry about things now...

ps: congrats to all those who were invited for the interview! :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 18

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 23:39
Hi All,

Has anyone from received an email with the Missing application materials, and then with the below information on the application link?

Your transcript from XXX university does not include a grading scale. You must submit this to us at tprmadm@andrew.cmu.edu with the subject line "APPLICATION UPDATE". Please make sure the email includes your name as listed in your application and the program for which you are applying. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be forwarded to the Admissions Committee until this has been received.

I did my undergrad in India and my engineering school used percentage as the grading scale (which is quite common), but its not mentioned in the transcripts.

Can you please suggest as to what needs to be done? Did any one from India receive a similar email?

Cheers,
TheRedDevil

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 00:17
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

Has anyone from received an email with the Missing application materials, and then with the below information on the application link?

Your transcript from XXX university does not include a grading scale. You must submit this to us at tprmadm@andrew.cmu.edu with the subject line "APPLICATION UPDATE". Please make sure the email includes your name as listed in your application and the program for which you are applying. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be forwarded to the Admissions Committee until this has been received.

I did my undergrad in India and my engineering school used percentage as the grading scale (which is quite common), but its not mentioned in the transcripts.

Can you please suggest as to what needs to be done? Did any one from India receive a similar email?

Which university ?? And did you upload transcripts or marksheets ?
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 02:34
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

I did... Exact same problem and yes I'm from India.. I was able to find some links on my university's website which I mailed to them. I got a reply saying that that was sufficient.. What I've found with Tepper's application process is that they are not very rigid... Speaking with the adcom will more often than not solve your situation...

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 08:44
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

I suppose there should be a separate sheet as part of the transcript that would define the grade ranges. For example, it may list 90-100, 80-89, 70-79, etc. as corresponding to some pre-defined grades.
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 09:05
MacFauz wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

I did... Exact same problem and yes I'm from India.. I was able to find some links on my university's website which I mailed to them. I got a reply saying that that was sufficient.. What I've found with Tepper's application process is that they are not very rigid... Speaking with the adcom will more often than not solve your situation...

Hi MacFauz, Would you mind sharing which city you were interviewed in ?

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 09:35
Hi essen1976... My interview was through skype... :)

Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 09:41
MacFauz wrote:

Ah, ok. Best of Luck to you!

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 09:46
essen1976 wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Ah, ok. Best of Luck to you!

Thank you.. All the best to you as well... :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 17:12
Still shows "submitted"..... anybody else is on the same boat?
I see that many ppl has already got their invitation..... I am a bit nervous now...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 18:21
vincepeng wrote:
I see that many ppl has already got their invitation..... I am a bit nervous now...

Mine is in Submitted Status since 10/7. I have not received any update from ad com. I am getting anxious, fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: 1400 Q790 V610
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2013, 07:17
mbanerd16 wrote:
vincepeng wrote:

Mine is in Submitted Status since 10/7. I have not received any update from ad com. I am getting anxious, fingers crossed.

Same here! :|
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2013, 10:50
hsundani wrote:
mbanerd16 wrote:
vincepeng wrote:

Same here! :|

Yup same here. Anyone planning to contact the ad-com ? Should we contact them now ?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.2
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 06:40
I just got the email that my application is under review, but I have already been invited for an interview about a week ago. Anyone else get this?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 06:49
If you have already been invited for iview, you shouldnt really bother much. BTW mine is still showing Submitted.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 09:47
dthollow wrote:
I just got the email that my application is under review, but I have already been invited for an interview about a week ago. Anyone else get this?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Got the mail too. But i've already been invited to interview.. So, i guess it doesn't really matter.
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2013, 09:47