Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 22:21 It is currently 11 May 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [1]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Not able to cross the barrier of V35 in mock! 3 Week to GMAT [#permalink]
rakana wrote:
DasAshishAshutosh wrote:
Hello All,
I am a re-taker . In my prev attempt i scored V20 . After almost 7 months of preparation, now I am planning to retake the exam in 3 weeks. I have tried several mocks from Veritas , Jamboree , Manhattan and Gmatclub .However in most of the mocks I am not able to score greater than v35 consistently . I got >v35 once in Manhattan and twice in Jamboree test .
The problem is that I am not able to attempt all 36 ques on merit in the allocated time. RC is my weakest area and it is consuming most of the time with less accuracy . When i am trying the same problem after the test , mostly I am getting them correct .

I am disappointed and seek a bit of help.

Been there my friend. If you think your score has hit a plateau then it most likely means you need to brush up your concepts and create strategies for attacking question types.
For RC - I think you should watch GMAT Ninja YouTube videos on GMATClub. They are super useful. Ideally you should be able to hit 3-4 minutes for a passage if you don't try to focus on memorizing details. Also is there a difference in performance between short and long passages?
For SC - Analyze your mistakes topic wise and use MGMAT for strategy. They clearly tell you what to look out for. In SC, it is more about the non-underlined portion than the underlines. How is your accuracy on 700 level questions?
For CR - I found PowerScore CR Bible to be helpful. The main tip is focus ONLY on answer choices that attack the conclusions. Don't get strayed by Out of scope answer choices. Highly recommend going through the OG questions and explanations on this forum for getting a firm grasp

Hi Kudos if you found this helpful.

I feel demotivated when i see a long passage in the mocks with the timer ticking .
How is your accuracy on 700 level questions?
- For CR .. 60-70%
- For SC .. 50-70%
- For RC .. 30-40 %

But for all section , if the level of ques goes up .. time per ques also increases by 20-50 % .. And that is where I struggle .

May you please share the RC videos of NINJA .. you were referring .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Not able to cross the barrier of V35 in mock! 3 Week to GMAT [#permalink]