Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [5]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [5]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [5]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
All,

Many congratulations to those who have been admitted. Welcome T16s :)

Those who haven't heard, keep your chin up. There's still some time to go and you all are awesome candidates. So even if the final decision today is not in your favor, there are others that certainly will be. I was in your boat last year, trying to figure out the order in which calls come, what does each call mean, who was calling etc. Its a good way to pass time but let me assure you - there's no pattern at all. If you are in, you will get to know, no matter where you are :)

I'm a T15 from India currently camping in new Jersey for my winter break. If anyone wants to speak regarding anything, or even meet up, I'm happy to schedule something. Please feel free to reach out.

In the meanwhile, relax and enjoy your Holidays. The next 2 years are going to be a lot of fun and work :)

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call!!! Such a pleasant and exciting end to the work day!

Based in India

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by santacruzrail on 13 Mar 2014, 04:58.
Last edited by santacruzrail on 13 Mar 2014, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [6]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I'm trying to figure out if I concentrate hard enough, whether I can telepathically make my phone ring with a Hanover area code.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [5]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [4]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Tuck Aspirants, Please reach out to me if you have any queries regarding the application process, GRE/GMAT requirements, culture and work-ex related queries. I wish you all the best for all your future endeavors.

Vanishing Nerd (T'15)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [4]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
hailmary620 wrote:
I am worried that you will leave us for Wharton :)

ha. Hardly. I'm pretty green ;)

Bigger news though - Essays are out:

Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. There are no right or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses.

1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why is Tuck the best MBA fit for you and your goals and why are you the best fit for Tuck?

2. Tell us about your most meaningful collaborative leadership experience and what role you played. What did you learn about your own individual strengths and weaknesses through this experience?

3. Describe a circumstance in your life in which you faced adversity, failure, or setback. What actions did you take as a result and what did you learn from this experience?

4. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.

5. (To be completed by all reapplicants) How have you strengthened your candidacy since you last applied? Please reflect on how you have grown personally and professionally.
https://tuckschool.blogspot.com/2013/07/ ... tions.html

Application to go live "later this summer"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [4]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
hailmary wrote:
tripsd wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Just booked my vacation for 1st week of October. Going to TUCKKKKK!!!!!! I am already having butterflies!

Nice, you going to be doing your interview at that time?! I am starting to think about logistics for that too.

Yes, I am going there mainly for the interview. There is a also a diversity conference in November which I am contemplating attending.

Come meet us at Tuck. Would love to show you around the campus and introduce you to fellow Tuckies.
If you need any help with logistics etc., do let us know.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [4]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview today. Preparing definitely helped me, but I only prepared the night before. Of course, I went through this process already last year, so I knew what to expect.

In the end, I was making myself worry over nothing. The interview was very pleasant. I think what also helped is that my interviewer was of the opposite sex. I've always felt that people, in general, interview better with someone of the opposite sex.

My questions were very standard and have all been reported before on the ClearAdmit blog (except for maybe the penultimate question below):

-Walk me through your resume
-Why do you need an MBA?
-What are your long term goals?
-Tell me about your leadership style and a team experience. What three things would the members of that team say about you?
-Tell me about a time you failed.
-Why Tuck?
-What will you contribute to Tuck?
-Explain to me the current situation at your company (I work for a unique financial services company that is in the news a lot, and people are always curious. PM me if you want to know)
-If you could meet any person in the world or in history, who would it be?
-Is there anything you wish I had asked you?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [4]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
BTW Hamm0, I have a new gif for you and/or your blog:

Reading tips for my Tuck bschool
app after I already submitted it:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
10 Days until EA decisions:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [4]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
7 Days to EA Decisions

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos

When will the madness stop?!!?!?!

*Information taken from the last four Tuck GMATClub threads
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Solonos wrote:
It's almost 9:30am and only 1 acceptance so far

Just got the call! im IN!!!! So happy! 9:34am in NYC. My WL manager from this past summer made the call. cannot begin to explain how happy i am!!

It's been quite a journey for you dude... way to go!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [4]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
To all WL guys and gals,

I know this will not offset anything, but I wanted you guys to know Tuck handles WL with the most respect any other school will. They will assign you an Adcom member that will directly communicate with you with any updates or questions you have, he will also be the one to have a feedback call to you in which he will explain how to improve on the waitlist.

I was WL last year, did not make it, and got in today with some $.
I was on WL on other schools last year and by far - Tuck make it a better experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [4]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
After visiting, Tuck became my first choice due to their location/culture and academics. I personally didn't like Durham, but Fuqua is amazing. I also perceive that Tuck is more selective, enrolling higher caliber students. Both are very strong for consulting but Tuck seems stronger. Fuqua is a younger school and I am captivated by the classic New England and Ivy League setting of the oldest b school in US. The weather is extremely different from what I've experienced during my life and it will certainly add to my life experience as a whole. The case method seems more present at Tuck and faculty is known to be among the best, together with HBS and Darden. You can also take a look at a thread I started some tine ago in the Which school to apply/ateend session, Duke x Darden x Tuck.On top of that, they offered me some money. Hope to see you at ASW in April.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [4]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Housing at Tuck
There is a lot of housing within walking distance of Tuck. Some of it allows pets and some don't. In general, housing is in limited supply and rents are higher than you might expect. Be careful of what utilities are included in the rental price. Heating can be expensive in the winter. Most good apartments are passed down from one Tuckie to another (saving landlords a ton of work and keeping the good ones "in the family"). This means they almost never actually get officially posted anywhere online except for an internal Google doc (Google docs run the Tuck social life - I'm sure there will be one again this year). There will be housing tours at ASW. You can get a feel for the different options then.

As a current student with a partner and two cats, we found it easiest to locate a place in Sachem. We pay $1525 + $50 pet fee for a 2 bedroom / 1 bath end unit. You can pay more or less depending on unit. All utilities are included except electricity and our place is not heated by electricity. Living in Sachem, I actually get door to door drop off service in the Winter. If I lived off campus in town, I'd need to walk or take the in-town bus (this one runs every 10 min) during the Winter. I prefer the door to door. :)

Feel free to ask me anything about coming to Tuck with a partner, living with Sachem, or any other burning questions about student life you have. I am a female student with a male partner living full time in Hanover. Tuck helped him find a job and he now works for the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. We have no children, but Sachem is full of them. I definitely recommend Sachem to anyone with children.

F.A.Q.
What is Sachem?
A Dartmouth grad housing community for students with partners and children. It is the second largest concentration of Tuckies outside of the dorms.

Is Sachem walking distance?
No.

Is there a bus?
Yes, but only runs once an hour.

Do you ever take that bus?
Almost never.

Does this seem to be a problem?
Not even a little bit. We even share 1 car among the two of us. Sachem is 50-60% Tuck. You can literally just stand on the main road with your thumb out to hitch a ride to school at almost any time of day. Ride shares for getting to school in the morning and coming back at night are routine. There is also a dedicated Facebook group called Sachem Rides. Tuck is a 5-10 min drive from Sachem depending on traffic/route.

-Current T'15

View from our front porch after last week's snow storm:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzDcuhSRuHCIQjNRaHh0OWpTOFE/edit?usp=sharing-download_20140219_154122.jpg

senyi wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:
Random question. Are any current Tuck students active on this thread? If so, can anyone tell me if there is housing close to Tuck (within 10 minutes walking distance) that would allow me to have a pet?

Someone asked a similar question in today's Chat with Tuck. Sachem Village if I remember correctly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [4]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call today! Super excited. Located in Chicago.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts