Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [4]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.57
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
BinyaBinyaPollywog wrote:
Regarding official documents, the interview e-mail says "We will update your ApplyYourself account within 5-7 business days of receiving your package, so please check there for your document status."

Can anyone confirm if that is the "Dashboard" portion of the application page? Where the application status and recommendation providers appear? Or somewhere else? I don't see a field for Document status, unless it's added later.

I asked this exact question at the admissions office the other day. They told me that I'll see the updated status on the screen that appears after I log in, below the "APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED" line.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
Any body know what percentage of people interviewed get accepted? Most schools it seems to be ~50-60%, but going by UCLA's last year thread, it looks higher for Anderson?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
Just had interview. Was a very laid back atmosphere (interviewer was wearing a polo, and looked like he was skyping out of his bedroom, which I found cool). My laptop crashed, and there seemed to be a bit of lag which threw off the flow a bit. But regardless, he was very nice and well spoken, no surprises on the questions:

Walk me through your resume
Why MBA
Why Anderson
How would your co-workers describe you
Strengths and weaknesses (asked for a 2nd weakness too)
Biggest accomplishment
Have I looked at who recruits at UCLA
What clubs would I join
short/long term goals

About 30 minutes long. He gave honest answers to questions, which I found refreshing. I'm really liking the Cali/UCLA culture. I got rejected from Columbia after interview, so UCLA is my first choice now.

Anybody know when they start releasing decisions?

Hi, already did the interview but need to submit hard copy of my transcripts. Adcom member indicated that they MIGHT start releasing decisions when they receive the documents. Deadline is Jan28th but decisions could come much sooner.

Hope it helps
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
luisoc1985 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:
Just had interview. Was a very laid back atmosphere (interviewer was wearing a polo, and looked like he was skyping out of his bedroom, which I found cool). My laptop crashed, and there seemed to be a bit of lag which threw off the flow a bit. But regardless, he was very nice and well spoken, no surprises on the questions:

Walk me through your resume
Why MBA
Why Anderson
How would your co-workers describe you
Strengths and weaknesses (asked for a 2nd weakness too)
Biggest accomplishment
Have I looked at who recruits at UCLA
What clubs would I join
short/long term goals

About 30 minutes long. He gave honest answers to questions, which I found refreshing. I'm really liking the Cali/UCLA culture. I got rejected from Columbia after interview, so UCLA is my first choice now.

Anybody know when they start releasing decisions?

Hi, already did the interview but need to submit hard copy of my transcripts. Adcom member indicated that they MIGHT start releasing decisions when they receive the documents. Deadline is Jan28th but decisions could come much sooner.

Hope it helps

Thanks, I went through last year's thread:

1) It looks like they released acceptance decisions in bulk the night before UCLA's winter vacation (Dec 18th I believe), for anyone interviewing in November. Anyone who interviewed later, or got waitlisted or denied got decisions in mid January.

2) Some information for people who didn't get an interview invites: for people from California, they released a few round 1 invites up until early January. A few people got not interview invite at all, and then got waitlist offer on January 22nd (with an interview request following), going by their statuses, many of them eventually got in. So don't give up hope yet.

3) UCLA also seems to be slower to respond (invites came later) and more competitive for international applicants (almost all the 750+ GMAT rejects are from India/China).

4) It also seems like a large percentage of people who interview get in, looks like 80-90% based on GMAT CLUB responses (and that was a year their acceptance rate dropped from 28% to 20% too). It may be a biased sample since I'm going by GMATCLUB posts, but if you get an interview, it seems like you should be optimistic about getting in.

Anyways, good luck everyone! If any of my research seems wrong, please correct.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Hopefully the 80%-90% number is correct. I felt I bombed my interview :(

My interviewer didnt really ask anything about my resume other than for a quick summary of my background at the start. Seems that they put more emphasis on figuring whether your personality would fit the Anderson culture.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
mukakucing wrote:

My interviewer didnt really ask anything about my resume other than for a quick summary of my background at the start. Seems that they put more emphasis on figuring whether your personality would fit the Anderson culture.

Don't sweat it man, for most people the interview doesn't matter that much, only for people right on the edge. As long as you put together coherent sentences and were somewhat personable, being slightly sub-par on the interview probably won't get you dinged. There are few schools that weigh the interview heavily (e.g. Kellogg), but most do not.

Everyone worries immensely about the essays and interviews (I know I did, I edited my first essay daily for a month straight), but the more I research it and talk to people, the more I realize GMAT/undergrad institution/GPA/Work Experience/and demographics really are 99% of the battle. A truly horrific interview or essay can definitely get you dinged, and a truly amazing one can help turn the tide, but for most people it won't be much of a factor.

With your stats I'd be shocked if they rejected you (especially if you have front office experience), with your GPA and GMAT.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
mukakucing wrote:

Don't sweat it man, for most people the interview doesn't matter that much, only for people right on the edge. As long as you put together coherent sentences and were somewhat personable, being slightly sub-par on the interview probably won't get you dinged. There are few schools that weigh the interview heavily (e.g. Kellogg), but most do not.

Everyone worries immensely about the essays and interviews (I know I did, I edited my first essay daily for a month straight), but the more I research it and talk to people, the more I realize GMAT/undergrad institution/GPA/Work Experience/and demographics really are 99% of the battle. A truly horrific interview or essay can definitely get you dinged, and a truly amazing one can help turn the tide, but for most people it won't be much of a factor.

With your stats I'd be shocked if they rejected you (especially if you have front office experience), with your GPA and GMAT.

Is that really true? Would make me much more relaxed!! I worry so much about my essays. Not the greatest writer. :( II thought chances in general after Interview are aabout 50:50 for almost any school. Do they differ this much?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all--interviewed on campus at Anderson recently. It was quick and straightforward. Some questions I received were:

Why do you want an MBA and why now?
    Why Anderson?
    What is a significant leadership experience you’ve had?
    What is a past failure you’ve experienced?
    What clubs are you interested in at Anderson?
    What is a past conflict you’ve had with a supervisor, and how did you solve it?

Nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it went fine; it lasted 30 minutes.

More at my blog: https://mbathenonprofitway.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/ucla-anderson-interview-recap/
Director
Director
Send PM
cp4321 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:
mukakucing wrote:

Is that really true? Would make me much more relaxed!! I worry so much about my essays. Not the greatest writer. :( II thought chances in general after Interview are aabout 50:50 for almost any school. Do they differ this much?

For the most part. Certain schools put more emphasis on certain things, for sure. I'm making the assumption that people applying to top 15 programs have basic grammar skills (which should be a given, due to the high GMAT scores needed to apply), and basic interview skills (since they are needed to get a decent job and promoted).

The point I'm trying to get across is to not stress about every word in an essay, or ever sentence during the interview (especially after the fact, revise essays and practice interviewing beforehand of course), in almost all cases, it's not going to be the deciding point if you get in or not. That said, if your essays shows a poor understanding of english (especially for non-US candidates), you say something completely inappropriate, or don't follow basic grammar rules...it can get you dinged. But most applicants won't fall into this trap. In the UCLA case, your essay doesn't need to be world changing and written like a nobel laureate, it just needs to plainly answer why MBA and Why UCLA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Thanks mgh234
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.48
WE:Other (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Folks any more interview updates on this thread ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Had my interview at Anderson in the past few days and my experience largely paralleled that of others on here.

Walk me through your resume.
    Why Anderson?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?
    What is your leadership style?
    Which personal accomplishment or professional accomplishment that you are proud of?
    Any questions for me?

In addition to the above, I also got one industry specific question from my interviewer. He pulled it from a list provided by the admissions office. It was "what do you think about effect of X on the future of Y?" Where "X" is a recent trend and "Y" is the industry I've expressed a particular interest in pursuing after Anderson. It was a very easy question, however, and one that anyone interested in the field should be able to provide an opinion on.

Overall, a very relaxed and friendly experience.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
chemerinsky wrote:
Had my interview at Anderson in the past few days and my experience largely paralleled that of others on here.

Walk me through your resume.
    Why Anderson?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?
    What is your leadership style?
    Which personal accomplishment or professional accomplishment that you are proud of?
    Any questions for me?

In addition to the above, I also got one industry specific question from my interviewer. He pulled it from a list provided by the admissions office. It was "what do you think about effect of X on the future of Y?" Where "X" is a recent trend and "Y" is the industry I've expressed a particular interest in pursuing after Anderson. It was a very easy question, however, and one that anyone interested in the field should be able to provide an opinion on.

Overall, a very relaxed and friendly experience.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I wish you very best for the results!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Law (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,
Does anybody know when are you supposed to receive your interviewer's name for a Skype interview? Is it the day before the interview or you just have to wait to be contacted on the day of the interview?
I thought it was the day before but got the reminder and still no name, just wanted to check.
Many thanks in advance

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
lawgirl27 wrote:
Hi,
Does anybody know when are you supposed to receive your interviewer's name for a Skype interview? Is it the day before the interview or you just have to wait to be contacted on the day of the interview?
I thought it was the day before but got the reminder and still no name, just wanted to check.
Many thanks in advance

I interviewed a week back. Got the reminder, no interviewer contact. I emailed that ID which they had mentioned, no response. Also, contrary to what was mentioned on the website, I was interviewed by a senior member of the Admissions Committee and not a current 2nd year student. But the interview experience itself was very chill. Lasted around 35-40 minutes on Skype.
Director
Director
Send PM
lawgirl27 wrote:
Hi,
Many thanks in advance

I never got his name beforehand, I just got a skype message from him 15 minutes before the interview started. So you're not going to really have time to research the person.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
has any brazilian been invited?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts