Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 23:50 It is currently 06 May 2024, 23:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Engr2012 wrote:
R1Hopeful wrote:
I haven't started the background check process yet but just wondering - when they verify employment, they will be reaching out to our company's HR department right? So our companies will know we're leaving?

I want to figure out if I should jump the gun and let the higher-ups know I'm planning on leaving.

Yes, exactly. This is the reason why there is a provision for letting verification firm know that you want them to delay this employment verification to until July 2016 after which your employment verification must take place.

The instructions mention "If you have not yet notified your current employer about your plans to pursue a graduate degree, you may request XXX Services delay verification of your current employment until such time that you choose to share your plans with your employer. Please email XXXX immediately with the subject line "EMPLOYMENT HOLD."

I got my recommendation letters from 2 managers in my current firm and thus it doesnt affect me if higher ups or HR gets to know about my future goals.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the response! My HR department has been pretty supportive of me going after some internal transfer opportunities under the pretense that I'm with the firm for the long haul... so I want to keep that going for the time being haha.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist
Manager
Manager
Send PM
generalist wrote:
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(

- Generalist

I can also submit Pay Slips and tax slips for every month I have been with the firm..Pay slips also mention my date of joining and performance pay...What else do they want to know? Shouldn't pay slips suffice?

- Generalist
SVP
SVP
Send PM
generalist wrote:

- Generalist

Refer to my post above. You can have a hold till July 1st after which all verifications must be started.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:

- Generalist

Refer to my post above. You can have a hold till July 1st after which all verifications must be started.

I read that, but i'm gonna join 1Y MBA...That starts in June!! :?

- Generalist
SVP
SVP
Send PM
generalist wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:

- Generalist

I read that, but i'm gonna join 1Y MBA...That starts in June!! :?

- Generalist

Ok, my bad. I would then recommend that you contact Kellogg MBA admissions and ask them what can be done. PM me if you want the contact details.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Venture Capital)
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
jwang27 wrote:
Don't think it says, but I sent them a paper copy and an electronic copy through my school.
I also sent an additional paper copy to Kellogg directly.

But the instructions clearly state that no transcripts should be sent directly to Kellogg or else you will end up repeating the process. Completed my verification form right now.

Yeah it's kinda weird, because if you go through the checklist on the Kellogg Website itself, it has the background check process, but under academics, it also asks you to send a copy of the transcript to Kellogg. Wondering if you interpret it the same way.

I've asked the same question to Kellogg Admission team, and got the following answer:

"Once you have released your information to ReVera, you do not need to also send your transcripts directly to us at Kellogg. Once you have made arrangements with ReVera, you can check the “Submit your transcripts” section off on your admission To Do list."

So it seems there is no need to send transcripts to Kellogg separately.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.14
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Congrats, everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody at DAK!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.

Do the transcripts need to be sent as scanned copies or hard copies? Because in the latter case, mine would not be free and will involve significant hassle of going through university processes.

- Generalist
Manager
Manager
Send PM
generalist wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

Do the transcripts need to be sent as scanned copies or hard copies? Because in the latter case, mine would not be free and will involve significant hassle of going through university processes.

- Generalist

Re Vera only accepts transcripts directly from the school, nowhere else.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
generalist wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

- Generalist

Re Vera only accepts transcripts directly from the school, nowhere else.

Ok, but in what form? I mean the transcript you sent to Kellogg, was it a soft copy or a hard copy?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You request it through your college to have official transcripts (in my case its hard copies) sent to the verification organization. Not sure if other colleges/universities do soft copies.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My university does both hard and electronic copies. I sent both.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
My university does both hard and electronic copies. I sent both.

Not many schools in India send out transcripts. These schools only provide hard copies in-person to the requester.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).

I will be working till mid- end of July as CIM will only start on 29th August. How would you know that ReVera check is completed as it clearly mentioned in the email confirmation from ReVera that there will be no correspondence even after completion of the security verification.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts