It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 12:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3713 [0], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2015, 02:25
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2015, 02:27

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2015, 07:44
No activity, that's strange !

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2015, 10:23
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Choosing the Kellogg One-Year MBA program
Amrit Chavada, far left, takes time to relax with some of her One-Year MBA classmates.

By Amrit Chavada

It’s been three months since the Kellogg One-Year MBA class of 2016 stepped onto the Evanston campus, and it has been an intense and fun experience.

After spending a summer taking core classes together on campus, we joined the incoming two-year MBA class for KWEST across various locations around the world. An important part of the KWEST tradition is that participants are not allowed to reveal information about their past. There were other fellow 1Y students on our trips, and having spent the summer together, we already knew each other. It was great fun pretending to not know each other and have our KWEST groups think we were a part of the incoming Two-Year batch!

After a short break, we just resumed our fall quarter classes in Evanston and will now be taking various electives depending on our individual interests and goals.

It was a little over a year ago when I was researching about one-year MBA programs. While you may have various professional and personal reasons for choosing a one-year or two-year MBA, here are some of the unique features of Kellogg’s One-Year MBA program that may be considered while trying to navigate though the decision.

Size of the class

The class is divided into two sections, and we each take core classes together. However, since the class is aware of the fact we have limited time together, we make the most of this time with the number of activities we do as a group. From catching up with people over informal lunches to taking weekend trips together, there are ways to interact with almost everyone on a one-on-one basis, which makes for a fabulous experience. Coming back to Kellogg after KWEST and the summer break, classmates met at the Jacobs Center like long-lost friends (even though we had barely spent three weeks apart). The fact that we are a relatively smaller class has definitely contributed to this camaraderie.

Interaction with the Kellogg community

As a one-year class starting over the summer, we had a chance to interact with MMM students who also start out during the same time frame. During the MBA admissions process, we connected with many of the incoming two-year students in various cities across the world through informal meetings and Kellogg-hosted events (including Day at Kellogg). Through KWEST, we continued to form relationships not only with the incoming class, but also the current second-year students. Additionally, the Kellogg alumni network is always accessible for informational or meaningful conversations. These past few months have enabled us to connect with a culturally and professionally diverse set of people.

Quality faculty interaction

Over the summer, we had some world-class Kellogg faculty members on campus with us, and we got to spend time with them as they shared their experiences with us in class, over lunches and in informal sessions. Some students started work on an independent project with a faculty member while others chose to take professional and personal development advice from them.

Additionally, as 1Ys, we are inundated with opportunities for leadership roles, extracurricular activities and professional development options. For example, an entrepreneurial one-year student could choose to use the resources available and develop a startup idea. If one wanted to learn more about international business, there are opportunities to do meaningful projects in various geographies across the globe. From consulting projects with local businesses to other real world applications of concepts learned in class, the options are endless.

Making the most of these opportunities is what makes for a very exciting action-packed one-year journey!

Amrit Chavada is a student in Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program. Prior to Kellogg she worked in various brand management, business development and marketing roles in retail, telecom as well as a startup. She is from Mumbai, India.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, culture, faculty, kwest, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, Two-Year MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 12:44

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 23:05
While I'm all for the sense of community across all formats of MBA at Kellogg, it would be certainly nice to know who all my 1Y batchmates are gonna be..
Even better, we could form an FB group to share our thoughts and plans. What say?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Johnson '19 (S)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 22:19
Any Indian applicant you applied in R2 and got an interview invite?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 19:33
waiting to see if I get in ... long time to the 23rd !!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 04:04
maheshkrishnamurthy wrote:

Hi,

I got a mail from Kellogg that my interview has been waived off and it doesn't affect my candidature.
Anything like this happened with anyone till now?

I am from India, stay in Mumbai and I find it hard to believe that Kellogg didn't have any alumni in Mumbai to set up my interview!
Does this translate into something - my application rejected or something?

Kindly help me anyone knows about this?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 17:50
raulapower wrote:
maheshkrishnamurthy wrote:

Hi,

I got a mail from Kellogg that my interview has been waived off and it doesn't affect my candidature.
Anything like this happened with anyone till now?

I am from India, stay in Mumbai and I find it hard to believe that Kellogg didn't have any alumni in Mumbai to set up my interview!
Does this translate into something - my application rejected or something?

Kindly help me anyone knows about this?

Formally, it doesn't mean anything.
Informally, I hate to say this but the trend from round 1 suggests that if one has got a waiver after the interview deadline, then he or she is most likely to be not admitted..
I suggest that you be ready for the worst and move ahead with your other plans..Just hope that someone with a similar profile pulls out and you suddenly get an interview invite (that too only if interview deadline hasn't passed already).

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2016, 08:30
congratulations to all who got accepted

Check out Polariis, our on-demand MBA admission consulting platform at http://www.polariis.com

+ Hourly rate: $80 - $120
    + Receive the latest advice/tips directly from Top 10 MBA alumni and existing candidates!
    + Our Advisors are MBA alumni, candidates and former Admission Officers from the Top 10 business schools.
    + Services offered range from personalized MBA personal statement critique, mock interviews to reference letter prep.
    + Services are itemized. You don't have to pay for the whole package.

Re: Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017!   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2016, 08:30

Calling all Kellogg 1 YEAR MBA Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2017!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap