It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2015, 06:55
Another interesting thing I noticed yesterday was that you can "accept" your decision without paying the deposit. So I have gone ahead and accepted the admit but still have to pay the deposit. Additionally, nowhere it is mentioned how many copies of the transcripts do we need to send to either Kellogg MBA admissions or Re Vera Services. Have sent an email to each to get an answer.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 14:16
I haven't started the background check process yet but just wondering - when they verify employment, they will be reaching out to our company's HR department right? So our companies will know we're leaving?

I want to figure out if I should jump the gun and let the higher-ups know I'm planning on leaving.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [1], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 14:22
1
This post received
KUDOS
R1Hopeful wrote:
I haven't started the background check process yet but just wondering - when they verify employment, they will be reaching out to our company's HR department right? So our companies will know we're leaving?

I want to figure out if I should jump the gun and let the higher-ups know I'm planning on leaving.


Yes, exactly. This is the reason why there is a provision for letting verification firm know that you want them to delay this employment verification to until July 2016 after which your employment verification must take place.

The instructions mention "If you have not yet notified your current employer about your plans to pursue a graduate degree, you may request XXX Services delay verification of your current employment until such time that you choose to share your plans with your employer. Please email XXXX immediately with the subject line "EMPLOYMENT HOLD."

I got my recommendation letters from 2 managers in my current firm and thus it doesnt affect me if higher ups or HR gets to know about my future goals.

Hope this helps.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [1], given: 797

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 14:28
Engr2012 wrote:
R1Hopeful wrote:
I haven't started the background check process yet but just wondering - when they verify employment, they will be reaching out to our company's HR department right? So our companies will know we're leaving?

I want to figure out if I should jump the gun and let the higher-ups know I'm planning on leaving.


Yes, exactly. This is the reason why there is a provision for letting verification firm know that you want them to delay this employment verification to until July 2016 after which your employment verification must take place.

The instructions mention "If you have not yet notified your current employer about your plans to pursue a graduate degree, you may request XXX Services delay verification of your current employment until such time that you choose to share your plans with your employer. Please email XXXX immediately with the subject line "EMPLOYMENT HOLD."

I got my recommendation letters from 2 managers in my current firm and thus it doesnt affect me if higher ups or HR gets to know about my future goals.

Hope this helps.


Great, thanks for the response! My HR department has been pretty supportive of me going after some internal transfer opportunities under the pretense that I'm with the firm for the long haul... so I want to keep that going for the time being haha.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 05:57
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:00
generalist wrote:
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist

I can also submit Pay Slips and tax slips for every month I have been with the firm..Pay slips also mention my date of joining and performance pay...What else do they want to know? Shouldn't pay slips suffice?

- Generalist

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:03
generalist wrote:
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist


Refer to my post above. You can have a hold till July 1st after which all verifications must be started.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:13
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist


Refer to my post above. You can have a hold till July 1st after which all verifications must be started.

I read that, but i'm gonna join 1Y MBA...That starts in June!! :?

- Generalist

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 06:37
generalist wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:
Any idea for how much time can one hold the employment verification process? I stand to lose my bonus and hike if my Partners get to know that i'm leaving :(
Any chance of holding off this verification till April first week?

- Generalist


Refer to my post above. You can have a hold till July 1st after which all verifications must be started.

I read that, but i'm gonna join 1Y MBA...That starts in June!! :?

- Generalist


Ok, my bad. I would then recommend that you contact Kellogg MBA admissions and ask them what can be done. PM me if you want the contact details.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Information Technology (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 08:11
jwang27 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
jwang27 wrote:
Don't think it says, but I sent them a paper copy and an electronic copy through my school.
I also sent an additional paper copy to Kellogg directly.


But the instructions clearly state that no transcripts should be sent directly to Kellogg or else you will end up repeating the process. Completed my verification form right now.


Yeah it's kinda weird, because if you go through the checklist on the Kellogg Website itself, it has the background check process, but under academics, it also asks you to send a copy of the transcript to Kellogg. Wondering if you interpret it the same way.


I've asked the same question to Kellogg Admission team, and got the following answer:

"Once you have released your information to ReVera, you do not need to also send your transcripts directly to us at Kellogg. Once you have made arrangements with ReVera, you can check the “Submit your transcripts” section off on your admission To Do list."

So it seems there is no need to send transcripts to Kellogg separately.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 08:22
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.14
WE: Law (Law)
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 08:40
Congrats, everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody at DAK!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 06:52
jwang27 wrote:
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.

Do the transcripts need to be sent as scanned copies or hard copies? Because in the latter case, mine would not be free and will involve significant hassle of going through university processes.

- Generalist

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 09:14
generalist wrote:
jwang27 wrote:
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.

Do the transcripts need to be sent as scanned copies or hard copies? Because in the latter case, mine would not be free and will involve significant hassle of going through university processes.

- Generalist


Re Vera only accepts transcripts directly from the school, nowhere else.

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 09:29
jwang27 wrote:
generalist wrote:
jwang27 wrote:
Oh well that is good to know hahaha. I sent transcipts to both Re Vera and Kellogg. Good thing is its free so no biggie.

Do the transcripts need to be sent as scanned copies or hard copies? Because in the latter case, mine would not be free and will involve significant hassle of going through university processes.

- Generalist


Re Vera only accepts transcripts directly from the school, nowhere else.

Ok, but in what form? I mean the transcript you sent to Kellogg, was it a soft copy or a hard copy?

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 12:42
You request it through your college to have official transcripts (in my case its hard copies) sent to the verification organization. Not sure if other colleges/universities do soft copies.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 01:18
My university does both hard and electronic copies. I sent both.

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 05:51
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 06:27
jwang27 wrote:
My university does both hard and electronic copies. I sent both.


Not many schools in India send out transcripts. These schools only provide hard copies in-person to the requester.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2672

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 06:28
jwang27 wrote:
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).


I will be working till mid- end of July as CIM will only start on 29th August. How would you know that ReVera check is completed as it clearly mentioned in the email confirmation from ReVera that there will be no correspondence even after completion of the security verification.

Kudos [?]: 1790 [0], given: 797

Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2016, 06:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 95 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.