Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: INSEAD
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
iccotdis wrote:
Hi all, I was just playing around with data from MBAConnect. I thought all R3, R4 and WL candidates would benefit from this. This is the breakdown of people admitted (those who have registered on MBAConnect) by their Primary country of citizenship. The total sample size is 354 at the moment.

Indian 52
American 31
Chinese 30
Lebanese 22
Canadian 18
Brazilian 15
Spanish 14
French 12
German 12
British 10
Russian 10
Australian 10
Italian 9
Singaporean 8
South African 7
Pakistani 6
Moroccan 5
Indonesian 5
Japanese 5
Turkish 5
Philippine 5
Portuguese 5
Taiwanese 3
Swiss 3
Greek 3
Czech 3
Korean 3
Bangladeshi 2
Nigerian 2
Vietnamese 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Chilean 2
Moldovan 2
Dutch 2
Polish 2
Iraqi 1
Nepalese 1
Ukrainian 1
New Zealander 1
Argentine 1
Malaysian 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Mexican 1
Venezuelan 1
Peruvian 1
Guatemalan 1
Austrian 1
Croat 1
Belarusian 1
Thai 1
Georgian 1
Israeli 1
Romanian 1
Uruguayan 1
Bruneian 1
Myanmarese 1
Bulgarian 1
Slovak 1
Grand Total 354

This is brilliant, thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Online information session @ :arrow: 9am EST on Thursday, 7/7.
Round 4 applicants I recommend attending one, if you haven't attended one yet. Live chat at the end.
https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/events?eloqua_id=2783
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
For whom it may concern,

I applied for 3rd round and got the invite for interview today!

Best,

Originally posted by tslaxz on 04 Jul 2016, 09:32.
Last edited by tslaxz on 04 Jul 2016, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tslaxz wrote:
For whom it may concern,

Best,

Congratulations. .... Wish you luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
tslaxz wrote:
For whom it may concern,

Best,

congrats tslaxz,care sharing your profile details please and when exactly did you apply for R3?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just received the interview invite ! Hang in there everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMLY16 wrote:
Just received the interview invite ! Hang in there everyone!

congrats Emly

could you provide your detail.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all R3 applicants who have received invites and good luck to the rest!

We just noticed that many applicants haven't added INSEAD to their timeline yet. We request all applicants to include INSEAD on your timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post will reflect true picture of admissions.

While adding INSEAD to timeline, MAKE SURE you are setting it as 'Class of 2018'. I know it's a class of December 2017 but our system counts program duration in whole years. i.e. Students starting in 2017 will be termed as Class of 2018. Please take note of that.

Attachment:
Insead.png
Insead.png [ 25.83 KiB | Viewed 2821 times ]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Hi

Can any kind soul please post the current total of enrolled students and possibly the nr of Portuguese students?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi

Can any kind soul please post the current total of enrolled students and possibly the nr of Portuguese students?

Thanks in advance

Hey Jonas84, Total admitted stands at 374 students, with 6 as Portugal as their Primary country of citizenship. Unfortunately, I can't tell how many have enrolled so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Dinged via email this morning (R3). With a three-week turnaround between the deadline and the rejection, it's almost pathetic that I haven't even paid the credit card bill for the application fee and it's already 250 euros wasted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance

Hey Jonas84, Total admitted stands at 374 students, with 6 as Portugal as their Primary country of citizenship. Unfortunately, I can't tell how many have enrolled so far.

Hi iccotdis

Thank you very much for this! 374 is a big number for R1 and R2 if we take the total number of enrolled to be 524 (according to gmatclub forums) there are only 150 places left for R3 R4
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi alwaysapplying

Sorry to hear that. September intake is coming up, that could be an option. Can you share a bit about your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi alwaysapplying

Sorry to hear that. September intake is coming up, that could be an option. Can you share a bit about your profile?

5+ years exp. in various finance roles, though no international exp. which may have (or probably) hurt me. I've traveled on my own quite a bit and was hoping to use this opportunity to take on more global roles.

I really don't see much point in trying again for the September intake since a) I didn't even make it to the interview round, and b) there isn't much I can do/change in my profile in the next few months (other than quitting my job and volunteering to teach English abroad, which probably isn't happening :)).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
kozzni wrote:
Hi all,
I have started my application for R4 of January 2017 intake but I am almost 99% sure that I will not be able to finish it in time and September 2017 intake for various reasons seems more appropriate option now.
Could you please help me - what will happen with my application if I just don't submit it before the R4 deadline for J17? Will I be able to apply for September 2017 or my application will be automatically accepted for January 2017?

Great thanks for help!

Don't worry - until you hit the submit button and make payment, no application will be submitted. You can leave that old application form alone and start on a new Sep 2017 application form. The basic data (your personal details and maybe more) should be automatically replicated in your new application form, if memory serves.

As mentioned by another poster, it's wise to apply for the next intake, rather than rush your application for the Jan 2017 intake and possibly present a less-than-perfect picture of your candidacy. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
alwaysapplying wrote:
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi alwaysapplying

5+ years exp. in various finance roles, though no international exp. which may have (or probably) hurt me. I've traveled on my own quite a bit and was hoping to use this opportunity to take on more global roles.

I really don't see much point in trying again for the September intake since a) I didn't even make it to the interview round, and b) there isn't much I can do/change in my profile in the next few months (other than quitting my job and volunteering to teach English abroad, which probably isn't happening :)).

alwaysapplying - Just to give you some motivation mate,I myself applied for R3 and like you I also got the ding this morning.My profile is 32 yrs old Australian with 10 yrs consulting work ex(more than 8 yrs of work ex in US,Europe,Asia,Australia,NZ). I had very good extra curriculars and trust me my essays were excellent and my GMAT was 680 with GPA 4.0. Things happen . I would suggest you take this into stride and if you think you have it in you to reapply then go on and reapply. Failures are just interface into success.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
arrit21 wrote:
alwaysapplying wrote:
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi alwaysapplying

alwaysapplying - Just to give you some motivation mate,I myself applied for R3 and like you I also got the ding this morning.My profile is 32 yrs old Australian with 10 yrs consulting work ex(more than 8 yrs of work ex in US,Europe,Asia,Australia,NZ). I had very good extra curriculars and trust me my essays were excellent and my GMAT was 680 with GPA 4.0. Things happen . I would suggest you take this into stride and if you think you have it in you to reapply then go on and reapply. Failures are just interface into success.

Cheers!

Have exactly same profile as yours bro, with the difference of 10 years in automotive product development in India and Europe and an Indian national, which further reduce my chances considering high number of applications with high gmat scores from my demography. Guess I will also get dinged in a day or two.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts