Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
monwei82 wrote:
For those admitted, was scholarship information contained in the gift package or did the information come separately?

FINALLLY got my package! Yes scholarship info/letters were inside :)

Now, come on Consortium! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Are you a domestic applicant?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanhphong wrote:
Are you a domestic applicant?

Yes sir, but "out of state".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
FlyinPenguin wrote:
monwei82 wrote:
For those admitted, was scholarship information contained in the gift package or did the information come separately?

FINALLLY got my package! Yes scholarship info/letters were inside :)

Now, come on Consortium! :)

Congrats! I guess that means no scholarship for me :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
guys, I just received my package from Kelly and was a bit dissapointed and confused...I've expected to receive some documents with all the conditions even if they don't give any scholarships, but I just received only 3 different pieces of paper with congrats and so on, just general stuff..did anybody received same thing? Letter says that they enclosed further information regarding their offer, but I didn't find anything exept for general information. can someone describe content of package received? I got a back
pack and 3 papers, just want to make sure that this is all :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ludlen wrote:
guys, I just received my package from Kelly and was a bit dissapointed and confused...I've expected to receive some documents with all the conditions even if they don't give any scholarships, but I just received only 3 different pieces of paper with congrats and so on, just general stuff..did anybody received same thing? Letter says that they enclosed further information regarding their offer, but I didn't find anything exept for general information. can someone describe content of package received? I got a back

I had a total of 5 papers in mine (2 info stuff [checklist of deadlines etc]; 1 congrats letter [copy of email almost]; 2 scholarship/fellowship/GA letter) also with the backpack. The admit email said that if any $$$ was going to be included it would be in that package; so I'm leaning that their isn't any. I'd suggest rereading the letters just to make sure though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FlyinPenguin wrote:
Ludlen wrote:

I had a total of 5 papers in mine (2 info stuff [checklist of deadlines etc]; 1 congrats letter [copy of email almost]; 2 scholarship/fellowship/GA letter) also with the backpack. The admit email said that if any $$$ was going to be included it would be in that package; so I'm leaning that their isn't any. I'd suggest rereading the letters just to make sure though.

Thanks a lot for replying back, I guess that means no scholarship for me, but at least I know now. Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hello guys! I got my package (international). Thanks to Kelley for backpack. I have also some little fellowship to be reduced from my tuition.
Now, I have my question:
They offer me a little of fellowship + health together with dental plan. I already got sponsorship for full tuition and health expenses (except dental plan and doesn't cover my wife and little girl but only me).
Do you think this fellowship, at least a part of it, is convertible to a monthly stipend? Is it appropriate to request this type of conversion? (and request to cover my family for health plan in place of me, because I already have one :-D )

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Admitted, Applied to Round 3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Angry_Mallard wrote:

That was fast! When did you have your interview?
R3 applicants: What's your status?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Got in too :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Mstr wrote:
Hello guys! I got my package (international). Thanks to Kelley for backpack. I have also some little fellowship to be reduced from my tuition.
Now, I have my question:
They offer me a little of fellowship + health together with dental plan. I already got sponsorship for full tuition and health expenses (except dental plan and doesn't cover my wife and little girl but only me).
Do you think this fellowship, at least a part of it, is convertible to a monthly stipend? Is it appropriate to request this type of conversion? (and request to cover my family for health plan in place of me, because I already have one :-D )

Thank you!

I assume you have your current employer sponsoring you. My understanding is this fellowship can only be adjusted against the tuition.
To the best of my knowledge, nobody who has been offered fellowship or GA is making any extra cash - all amount has been adjusted against the tuition.

Also there must be some university agreement with the insurance firm which covers the enrolled students.
Extending it to the family members may just not be feasible. But these are my thoughts, you should definitely ask the school...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: In the Consulting Academy, working with clients builds invaluable experience

By Ellen Gartner-Phillips, MBA ‘15

Last year I was assigned to a project engagement with a local veterinary hospital. We spent the Academy Week mapping out the engagement: Meeting and building a relationship with our client, scoping the work we would be doing, laying out a project plan and timeline, and finally presenting the week’s work to the client.  It was a long process, but really set us up for success moving forward after spring break.

As a second-year student, I have the privilege of working as a Subject Matter Expert for this year’s Academy. While the first-years I am working with didn’t require a lot of guidance through their Academy Week process, it was pretty awesome to reflect back and realize how much I have learned in the short year and a half that I have been here at Kelley and with my internship at Deloitte.

The Academy Project does an excellent job of preparing students for the summer internship. For me specifically, I gained invaluable experience in the nuances of client interaction and storytelling.

Client Interaction

While my previous work involved a lot of client service, I was not familiar with formal project management and scoping.  Our client initially came to us with a list of project ideas, and we learned quickly that many of those project requests were symptoms for a more central need that should be approached first.

Figuring out how to best communicate our process, rationale, and defined scope to our client and receiving buy-in for our approach was an important takeaway for me.  Having had the client interactions we did and working with a great team, I felt much more confident going into my work last summer.

Telling a Story with Data

While the recommendations we made were supported with data supplied by our client, it was a great learning experience having to figure out how to support some of our more qualitative recommendations.

Throughout the process we received feedback from our advisors. “That sounds promising, but how do we know that’s going to work?” Having to really dig for support led us to make more refined recommendations that were in the end much more impactful for our client. There are many ways to look at data, and it is in the story that you can make an impactful and implementable solution.

I was impressed with my first-year team’s organization, thoroughness, and professionalism. I am excited to see what they will be able to deliver to their client through the course of the project.

Best of luck to this year’s Consulting Academy!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
impossible.I think maybe round
Angry_Mallard wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nope, not impossible. I submitted my application Mar 1. If you want to PM me I'll contact you via the admitted students FB group as proof.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
How's it hanging fellas. Any new admits here.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts